1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Best car that needs urgently to be added to the game
    upload_2023-5-18_14-15-5.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Neglectable :)
    without i get bad tearing and no smooth picture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Like mentioned. It's debatable. The delay is strong enough to be noticed, especially for shooters and racing games it makes a notable difference - how the player can cope with it is different in each case.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Similar to recording music with monitored FX or virtual instruments. There's an inherent latency penalty, but if you use them enough you'll compensate by playing slightly early.

As a VR user, I really have no choice, though I understand being concerned about the latency. I've thought about using iR FFB in iRacing to fix the 60hz FFB, but I don't know if it's worth the delay.

6. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

vsync is fine for racing games, you can't compare it to a shooting game where pinpoint mouse precision is required where a few ms is felt

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Mayybe turn it off then and feel a difference.

GINETTA G57
    most of the GT3s
    some of the GT4s
    most of Group C
    all of GT1
    German Touring Cars

those are some facts, and if you read my post correctly, as most havent done, i said car wise, and in relation to AMS1 as well. as far as tracks, AMS2 is only beaten by PC2, and with the stuff coming down the pipeline, will topple it. but i will always stay by my opinion that the best tracks also deserve the best cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Pandytim99

Some of those cars (the german touring cars) have been changed just check the damage model of both the 190e on pc2 and on AMS 2 and you'll notice

• Like Like x 1
  9. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How does that equate to "AMS2 Content just ripped from PC2"? Renato has already explained several times that Reiza USED some car MODELS from SMS, but built the car physics etc themselves - "the car models in turn had fewer alterations but naturally scratch built physics and sounds." So the cars are not "just ripped" from PC2. At most some car models are.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The only real latency troublemaker is the one caused by the damned peer-to-peer awfulness.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. DavidGossett

Exactly, using the same 3D model doesn't mean the physics was the same. Saving time on 3D modeling assets that already existed in the Madness engine meant more time for making new content.

If I remember correctly, the original, launch spec of Azure Circuit was the only piece of content that was fully SMS made. Basically, as a placeholder until the current, laser/LIDR scans were available. There may be some 3d elements from the original SMS version in the game (I think there are still some SMS logos hidden in the off-track banners), but it's significantly more detailed than the old version. Where I wouldn't mind AMS2 having more PC2 assets is Bannochbrae and Wildcrest, both of those were fantastic fictional circuits.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

OT:
    Not on my PC with the right Interface (USB Focusright for guitar recordings while monitoring via headphones).No delay as it is build for this.
    [​IMG]

13. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato also added that since many months that river (SMS) run dry as the agreement they had was only for a certain set of assets.
    Hence the fact that PC2 and AMS2 both have some common models doesn't always equal to being taken from PC2 (especially for more recent stuff).
    As for the use of "ripped" word I think it disqualifies the person who dumbly use it, since it means stealing someone else's IP which isn't at all what Reiza did. As it was explained there was a deal made with SMS for exchange of assets, no stealing or "ripping".
    But hey, we are a bunch of "fanboys" who can't see the TRUTH right?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Pandytim99

BTW reiza when is the AMG GT and the Sauber C9 receive their updated damage model?

15. DavidGossett

True, analog bypass is available on most interfaces, but any digital modelers, midi instruments, plugins, etc. have some inherent latency. Even then, the speed of sound is surprisingly slow, and the distance from your ears to a monitor is another form of latency. 2 meters is equal to about 5.83ms of delay. Not to mention the delay in your buffer settings on your PC for normal game audio are probably much longer.

How that relates to FFB latency, most musicians wouldn't notice the few milliseconds it takes from standing a few meters away from their bandmates or if they don't use IEM's. Very small amounts of latency your brain just compensates for. Where latency becomes an issue is in twitch shooters where a millisecond reaction means the difference in getting that last shot. Racing, oddly enough, is fairly slow input-wise, quick reactions are only in that last 1% of extracting pace.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Still the same model though. But i get your Point. They improved on it.

I would have considered myself some kind of fanboy 2 years ago, otherwise i never would have bought the Game 5 times back then for people to convince them of it.

But the current content is too retro-focused, and lacks appeal to modern racing fans, meanwhile the forum just keeps asking for more retro stuff.

For me for example, its still baffling that we dont have a F2/F3 Car with Halo in the Game. Especially for any kind of fleshed out career mode. The Forum folks rather prefer some obscure F1 season from the 50s. I mean, thats all ok, people have their preferences, but that doesnt push the Game forward.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. DavidGossett

I do have to agree about the lack of modern junior formulas or hypercars. Formula Inter is maybe a slight nod in that direction, but it's still a good chunk slower than a regional F4. I guess the F-USA 2023 would be the closest to an F2.

That said, I still have a sneaking suspicion that we'll see a hypercar in AMS2 at some point this year.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Still... Not sure what the ground for "ripping" is...
    And I am also hoping for some more modern content starting from hypercars, but again that will not justify using certain words IMHO

19. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Plus when playing in VR there is no such thing as turning v-sync off anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Pandytim99

I'd love to see that