1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Yeah because retro stuff is more fun to drive (subjectively) and is severely underrepresented in modern sims overall, tracks especially. It's a good thing AMS2 goes a bit of another path while making enough concessions to modern racing fans to have a leg to stand on. As long as their endevour is financially sound - and it is according to Renato - I'm glad they stray from the satus quo a bit and do their own thing.

I appreciate you prefer modern stuff, so our opinions differ here, but I do agree on the lack of modern feeder Formula cars. I would like to see some modern F4/3/2 thing some time, just as much as something obscure form the 50s. Or some pre-war stuff.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Tbh, people call any AC Mod that isnt scratch made ripped, and they just add their physics to it and port it over. Same thing happened with those Cars i mentioned. But thats it from me on that matter, besides that only my mother could tell me what words to use;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The very crystal clear difference Is that Reiza made a deal with SMS for those assets, so it's not ripped content. I dont understand why you fail to see that difference.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly: also Reiza pays license for those models even when they start from a shell that originated from SMS and they re-work the same shell as they explained.
    Most of the modders don't pay a buck to IP owners and undercut the original content from developers.
    That is why the word "ripped" is IMHO insulting Reiza in their house which is really not a respectful thing to do. And really here I close the subject from my side.

• Agree Agree x 11
  5. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I don't think we'll ever see a modern F4/3/2 as long as EA has the licence... Maybe something that doesn't look like it...

I'm with you otherwise, there's not enough historic content in AMS2... There's plenty of modern stuff... Outside of an LMP1H, a Hypercar or a gen 3 FE there's nothing modern really missing for me... Whilst there's decades of content that would be an absolute blast to drive in AMS2 outside of the modern era... So much that even starting a list is troublesome because of how much demands to be on it...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I've gotta say, quotes like this baffle me. If you define "retro content" as being 20 years old or more, then AM2 has the following non-retro content for fans of modern racing:
    • The Karts
    • ARC
    • The GT5 Cars
    • The GT4 cars
    • The GT3 cars
    • The GTE cars
    • DPi
    • The Road Cars
    • The Hyper Cars
    • The Open GT cars
    • The Caterhams
    • The 2019 - 2023 Brazillian Stock cars
    • Chevy Montana
    • The F3 cars
    • F-Reiza
    • The F-Ultimates
    • The Formula Advanced cars
    • Ginetta G40 / Cup
    • Ginetta G55 Supercup
    • All the P1 - P4 cars
    • The Trucks
    • Mini Cooper JCW
    • Mitsubishi Lancer R/RS
    • Porsche GT3 Cup 3.8/4.0
    • Super V8
    • The Inter
    It seems like a fairly generous amount of content if you ask me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Edit - forgot the Inter.

Last edited: May 19, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 14
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

It baffles me too, the game right now has a very good balance of content of all eras, modern, current and historic. Besides that I feel the most asked content right now is very modern (WRX and hypercars, etc). Plus most of the historical content people ask for relates to content already in the sim but desperately needing fleshing out (classic GT, DTM, etc)

Edit: Also historical content is such a strength for the sim and Reiza is more than justified to have a partial focus on it. I do love modern cars and tracks, including the much controversial GT3 but it's not what get eyes on the game or what made it so beloved by so many.

Last edited: May 19, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 10
  8. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

people seem to complain about the same games being released year after year, yet they also complain when games aren't all the same.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Simracers' main hobby is complaining.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is just people in general nowadays

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nowadays? It has always been like this.

Curiosity: I was recently browsing the AMS1 threads looking for some dedi server info and found the same complaints to early AMS1 I make today: "fix the damn MP and the damn AI, both suck"! 3 years later (when I joined the scene in 2019), everything was fixed to a decent level.

Out of this I take 2 lessons: (i) with time Reiza fixes things; (ii) AMS2 is taking considerably longer to reach a "decent" state* (by my subjective standards), but I won't conjecture why.

* curious to see which kind of magic will improve p2p natural's flaw - if that ever happens.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS1 was result of a heritage of at least 2 titles before it was even released. The speed in which AMS2 develops (on a way younger and different foundation) is actually faster paced than the end result that was AMS1.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone know when this month’s (May 2023) update will be released with the full V1.5 physics for the group of cars mentioned in the first post?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Steve Young

Steve Young Active Member

the first true milestone update of 2023 is expected to come later in June, when Automobilista 2 is expected to hit V1.5

15. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

As far as I understood there will be a v1.5 release in Maywith some cars having a v1.6 physics.
    Then in June there will be a v1.6 with updated physics for all cars.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Probably not in May ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure where you are pulling this info from, as it directly contradicts what Renato said in the first post of this same thread. He quotes the first post of this thread and you reply with nonsense. I know you are trying to be helpful, but this kind of help playing loose with facts is a bad attitude that is prevalent in the internet today. You are disseminating false information. It took me 30 seconds to verify what you are saying is not correct.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Whoa, sorry guys, my extreme bad. I missed release numbers. The one in June will be v1.5 with full updated physics on all fronts. But still there would be an intermediate release with updated physics on some car classes, "later in May"...
    upload_2023-5-19_16-17-48.png

Anyhow, I apologize to you all guys if I have bad attitude, I apologize if I disseminate false information and I apologize if I "stole" 30 seconds of your time to proof that I am wrong and one of the common "bad attitude" internet guys.

Cheers all, I am out of this forum.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is true, but there are a subset of cars that are scheduled to get the full V1.5 physics updates prior to 1.5 actually being released. The subset of cars getting these updates is mentioned in the original post, and the smaller update (e.g. non-milestone/pre 1.5 update) was expected at the end of this month (May 2023). So, my question is simply does anyone have any info when we might expect this smaller update to occur? I am very much looking forward to testing out the physics updates.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No need to leave the forum.

Just stop overturning correct information with false information. My point is not that you "stole" the 30 seconds, its that you could have spend the 30 seconds to verify what you are posting instead of using the 30 seconds to post the incorrect info.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1