1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reading that gives me some worry about AMS2 future, Reiza is a small studio, working on another full scale game is not gonna help in any way, so that benefits GTR Revival more than AMS2.

Fingers crossed GTR Revival lives up to the exaggerated hype Ian is so good at!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

IMO, one thing that Automobilista 2 has shown, is that Ian Bell and his people are good at developing new technologies, while Renato Simioni and his people are good at applying and polishing them until the end result is astonishing. Even with its shortcomings, what AMS2 has done with the handling of the cars, considering what the starting point was, is nothing short of amazing.

If this partnership can exploit the best side of both, the end product could be something to behold. Looking forward to it.

PS: of course, I hope that AMS2 development keeps going! Don't leave my favourite sim alone so soon please :)

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza being hired to fix and improve their new engine. Great for Reiza to be entering the console market, but I expect to see more and better from AMS2, especially AI, MP, career and championship physics. Mentioning these cuz physics are always being improved and we are not too far off from some special there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've long wondered if we would see a "Reiza Rally" spinoff - it would certainly fill a gap that isn't in any of AMS2's official plans…

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

No impact whatsoever on AMS2 folks, and not much changing in the immediate future. At this point it is just a natural progression from a relationship we already had with Slightly Mad Studios, which has continued with Straight4.

• Informative Informative x 29
    • Like Like x 25
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for being so Straight4ward with us, Renato!

• Funny Funny x 24
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Hope the only impact will be positive for AMS2

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Already a bad Omen that they get the Date wrong lol

I hope Ian helps with licensing things for AMS2 while Reiza helps with the engine. And i wouldnt mind "Beta-Testing" some brand new cars in AMS2 for the new Game

IMG_20230519_194753.png

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  9. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

I'm so happy for you guys at Reiza, as well as the old team at SMS, and Ian Bell. They deserve every success. I hope you guys work well together and bring about the next, great, next-gen motorsports simulation.

The only sin SMS ever did was be perhaps a bit over-ambitious - no one can deny they pushed the gener forwards. With Reiza together they truly will make something great.

Can't wait.

edit - actually, I can wait. Take your time! Release is when it's ready. I'll also be willing to continuously pay for DLCs and updates for the entire life of both AMS2 and GTR Revival

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I enjoyed both PC1&2 with all their faults and quirks. The issue is that Bell overhyping and overpromising stuff, and then just ignoring or doubling down on denial damaged his reputation a lot.

He had a great idea with PC1 and WMD, I think it was one of the first crowdfunded games before Kickstarter. But as time went on by, he didn't really listen to constructive criticism and then came the publishers and so we ended with PC3.

So pardon me for being sceptical of Ian Bell, I was in NoGrip from the beginning and saw most of the issues unfold. I really hope the new game delivers, the more quality racing sims, the better.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I somewhat agree with you but decide to believe that Renato at least think he know what he is doing.
    Eventhough the four persons on the Twitter photos dont look completely sober.:p

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I see a lot of merit in joining forces: S4 has a lot of inside knowledge of the history of ME that can be of great value for Reiza as well as some additional human resources that could be accessible to Reiza while maybe they are not pushing to 100% on their new sim.
    By return Reiza is the custodian of the newest and best evolution of ME knowledge that could probably be of use for S4 to get up to speed on what has been fixed and some of the great additions Reiza has made.
    Information sharing, personnel use optimization.. All win-win situations for both studios if put to good use. My 2c...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

The deal between the 2 teams was already running somehow, now they just announced it officially.

I am more interested on new game engine announcement at the end of the news...

As far as I know SMS was sold to EA with the Madness Engine too, Reiza was working on latest version of the engine used for PC2...

Ian Bell vids featured some Reiza content so they are working with AMS2 as base....

This probably means there are building the new engine starting from the code given to Reiza...

Would be interesting to know if this will help AMS 2 development too since they are going to share their knowledge and developments....

• Like Like x 6
  14. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i remember the excitement when msg bought rf2.. very great result from that one.....

Last edited: May 20, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 5
  15. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Many hypothetical paths can start from this agreement:
    -AMS2 will stop its development and all content will be transferred to the new simulator
    -The Reizas will be able to direct the development of the new physics and graphics engine, making it more flexible and usable by modders
    -AMS2 will remain as a test platform for improvements to be incorporated into the new engine.
    -The Reizas will be helped in the amount of work and will not have to make inhuman efforts to update the simulator.
    The Project cars series was visually beautiful, but poor in feeling.
    Reiza has filled an important gap with the Madness engine by bringing his own way of building a simulator.
    Let's hope the publisher doesn't want a simcade, but leaves the Reizas free to pursue their dreams.
    Which are ours.
    :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I really hope AMS2 development continues. AMS2 is so good at covering the early 70s to current period. I hope that can be built on, rather than discarded. Myself and my friends are for sure buying any future AMS2 DLC. If they aren't buying, I'm buying for them. I've bought several AMS2+season pass for my friends for birthdays and we are driving several times a week.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I am really excited about this collaboration. They mentioned games and not just one game? What could they possibly develop than a single racing game? I am all happy with just ONE GAME a la Project Cars using UE5 w/ AMS2 physics and FFB!!! That's ALL I NEEDED!!!

I think this is a perfect marriage. Reiza is good with real car physics and FFB and Straight4 (a la SMS) is good with robust contents, features, graphics, authenticity.

I hope the NEW Straight4 game is as good as AMS2 in terms of VR simulation though. This is a MUST.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

I can think about AMS3 in UE5... Please don't forget us VR users.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I am not worry. If you're fan of simulation, you should embrace it. You get the best of both world. Real authentic sick looking graphics combined with authentic car handling and FFB. Lack of cooperation is the reason why the racing industry cannot thrive and advance quick enough.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's going to be 5 markets moving into the future of gaming.

1. Microtransaction hell (rfactor 2)
    2. Live service (AMS 2)
    3. A Dedicated base with full fledged expansions. (Rennsport and Raceroom kinda)
    4. A Dedicated game with Alacart DLC (Iracing)
    5. A officially licensed game (Nascar 21 or ACC)

Out of the bunch, I think 3 is the strongest long term if done right.

• Like Like x 1