1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Are there plans to address the Caterham 620R and its propensity to kick the rear out on acceleration even in a straight line. It seems rather excessive. I am the type of person who loves subtle throttle control. I used to love the Caterham 620R.

I do not just smash the throttle, but the sudden rear kicking left or right seems rather excessive and nothing like any videos I have seen of real world Caterham drivers.

Is this likely to be addressed as part of 1.5 changes?

• Agree Agree x 18
  2. PaulA

PaulA Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm hoping a few of these quirks will be part of the 1.5 changes.
    Similar to the SuperV8 which tends to wander in a straight line.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Have an off-brand version of this car and have driven thousands of miles in it, absolutely agree, they feel far more grippy, if they handled like the 620 no one would drive them.

Superlight and others feel quite good now, but 620r is still not right IMO.

For me the main characteristic of Caterhams/kit cars is the mechanical grip and the reassuring little lateral shake they give you when you catch a power slide telling you to 'go now!' :D

Pure joy.

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

We still have a lot to uncover but we found some things with the xmls that made the AI actually behave better on ovals... jusk is working on bringing those to the xmls for the F-USA cars they are involved with after further testing to make sure there's no surprises with what we've done...

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Scar666

I think the reason a lot of misrepresentation issues have been left untouched are because of the tyres and the need to get them working correctly first...

As the description of the issues with the AI code acting with and disturbing the player code shows that a lot of these weird behaviours could be cleared up by fixing that alone... I would expect some tuning to of happened to every car in game for 1.5 as a result... Maybe the F-Inter is the only car left the same...

The major thing with ANY tyre code in any racing sim is that it will effect the way everything else reacts... And I mean everything... Just look at ACC...

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

So the tyres could fix a lot of issues?
    Edit: Cool:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Racinglegend1234

This week:whistle:
    (Hopefully)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

hopefully there will be some updates/changes to multiplayer in the next update, but somehow i have the feeling that its mostly focussed on physics/tyres, and don't get me wrong, thats also important, but we lost a lot of our regular league drivers because of all the bugs/issues in multiplayer/pitstops.

if there indeed arent any updates to the multiplayer, this would mean another 6 months gone by without any or hardly any work in that department visible to us at least, ofcourse there might be some work behind the scenes being done, but 3+ years after release and all we basically got was the rating system from PC2, which mostly just needed to be turned on probably is just a bit lack luster.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Scar666

Outside of 2 leagues that I am in with regular 20+ grids most of the leagues that ran regular races in late 2022 have all but stopped now... Those that have continued get 10-20 for the first race and then single digits for most of the rest of the races...

But when it's working its great... Dedicated servers suffer the most which is a big hassle for league admins as a p2p lobby doesn't always keep accurate results...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Roy Niessink

yeah, biggest issue with a dedi server is the floating/balloon/invisible car bug.

We still get double figures in most of our races, but if we wouldn't have lost so many people, we would have 20+ people every race with ease.

We collaborated with 4 other communities on JustRace to promote each others races in the discordservers etc,etc, which helped a bit though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

My league also had an average 14 people per race last year and this year it went down to only single digits. There are too many problems i feel with the online, random disconnects and inability to rejoin is one, random micro-stutters happening to basically everyone whether it is a P2P or Dedicated server is another, and performance for night races where EVERY headlight is fully rendered with no option to adjust it is another. Or that some people also left because of the tire change bug that not everyone is aware of how to avoid because not everyone has seen the discussion about it. Also the shadow glitch from other cars during night races breaks the immersion every time too. Problems are too numerous if people want a smooth experience, and for many patience ran out.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Roy Niessink

yeah, well, with the tyre changing bug, we found that cycling through the tyre options in the ICM also helps as a workaround to at least get them changed, but lately we had people getting damage fixed even when set to none in the ICM, which in some situations cost people the win or a podium finish, which is frustrating after investing time doing practice/work on setup/strategy.

since the last update the stutters seem to be more there, i never had stutters myself, but since last update i see them a couple times in the race, ranked or non ranked server/lobby doesnt make a difference for that as well.

disconnection issues seem to have gotten better though, at least in our experience, but still not quite there yet

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I actually already found the issue for the tires not changing, was able to 100% reproduce it, reported it to the devs, and was told it will eventually get fixed. I made the video which shows when it happens and how to stop it from happening for now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Without knowing the reason then I consider this a "general" problem in AMS2.
    But not general meaning ALL cars in AMS2 have this bu. ahh issue.;)
    But talking about the different formula cars then about 30% have this issue (IMO).
    IMO!! :D

ByTheWay: And reading the dev notes about the comming 1.5 then I absolutely dont guess this issue will be solved. My fear is this issue will be worsened :(.
    My fear is based on Simionis remark that too much slide angle will be punished more than now.

15. Rober

Rober Member

Not using multiplayer myself I have always supposed there is another bug with the pit stops in MP.
    What you are showing is of course reproducible 100% because is just how the strategies work in PCARS2. If you leave recommended and your tires are in good state they are not changed at all, if only one is in a bad state they only change that one and the pitstop is quicker compared with changing all tires. This option is not in the MFD though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Member

It's great that the Barcelone track will be the 2023 layout, without that awful end chicane.
    I only wish you had plans to bring Sebring to this great sim.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Yes, it could be that the cars are slippery and the grip loss occurs earlier according to Renato. You will see and feel how the cars will behave in 1.5. Let us surprise

18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Why wouldnt it be both???

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Scar666

Because the original layout with the chicane down the back straight is better ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Racinglegend1234

The chicane is BAD

• Agree Agree x 1