1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

fair enough,but,my point is that i can still playing games from 2001(for example).in the case of "I RENTING"...no suscription=no game/content.
    If you want to continue playing with the content you have purchased, you have to pay each month, more than €100 a year (content apart). Playing I RENTING 3 years is almost €350 plus the content you want to rent... it's not a good deal in my opinion
    upload_2023-6-1_9-53-9.png

• Agree Agree x 13
  2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's right. I've paid near 600 USD to iRacing. As my account is not active, I can't play anything there right now.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I always laugh when someone says "it costs only a pack of beer per month". That to me sounds like some VERY expensive beer for one, and the second thing is that you need several hundreds UP FRONT if you want to be playing anything other than rookie class in asphalt oval.
    Because once you enter D Class:
    ixxujcmyc1m81.png

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

I believe that most simracers continue to use that simulator due to the money they have invested. In my opinion, after 10 years using that simulator, you have spent almost €1,500 on the suscription alone, maybe you will reach €2,000. ...it's too high an amount. With AMS2 you pay once and during those 10 years of non-subscription they might allow you to get a DD wheel or a better setup

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree...

I just suggested a fun and "free" (ofc needs at least 1 month subscription) combo to play online while that fella waits for the update to drop, but everyone gets mad just because it is "iRacing". You may hate it, but it is a fact: iRacing is the best option if you want to play online simply because it is massively populated. By no means I'm saying it is cheap, or that investing a lot of money on it is worth it. But no, apparently the AMS2 community thinks no one should suggest iRacing as an online option...

The other option I gave (to play offline) was AMS1, which in my opinion is still the best sim compared to all others, including iRacing and AMS2.

But no... by simply mentioning "iRacing" people completely derailed this thread into a massive iRacing hate-fest.

I would've mentioned LFM, but the rF2 F3 series isn't that much populated.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Apex

Apex Active Member

That's why I prefer beer over iRacing. As someone wisely pointed out, the Boatman does not take any luggage, and when the Grim Reaper shows up on my doorstep one day, I can say "No worries, mate, you know, I'm cool with leaving all this stuff behind, I guarantee you those bottles and cans are empty anyway!"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's really poor - you should at least be able to play all your content offline single player.

• Agree Agree x 14
  8. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

of course i don't hate iRacing.i think it is a good simulator.what i hate is its bussines model.
    At least they could include part of the content with the subscription and of course once the subscription ends, if I don't want to continue paying for it, I should be able to continue using the already paid content individually. That model still seems like a big scam to me. Yes, You ensure stable servers and full rooms... but at what price? €125.99 a year. A robbery.
    On the other hand, that investment has you kidnapped. You don't stop playing for the money you've put there and also encourages you not to play any other simulator. Perhaps you are not one of those who strive to prove that iRacing is the holy grail But there are people who, in addition to having lost money with this simulator, have also lost their minds.
    In short, iRacing is speculative capitalism made software;)

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. TomLehockySVK

I believe the only way that would happen is if masses of people would leave, it would force iRacing to change their business model. But because they have so many users they can stay complacent and keep it this crappy way. And then you have a company like Reiza, who allow racing online on DLC tracks without needing to own the DLC ! After i've put several hundred of hours into the game I showed my support by buying the Season Pass because i support such a customer-friendly practice.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Berghe

Berghe BANNED BANNED

in Germany you get money for returning the beer bottles as well... only winners... :)

• Winner Winner x 3
  11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

In Sweden we get money for recycling

12. TomLehockySVK

Just because a lot of people are playing a thing online doesn't mean that i will flock to it without a look at the business model of the company and / or the quality of the released product. PUBG mobile has a ton of players all the time but i would never touch that thing even with a 10 inch stick. And i do not hate iRacing only "because iRacing". I hate it because i think the physics and tire model in that game are trash and never ever felt good no matter what updates they kept making. And real drivers don't seem to be fans either no matter what the marketing keeps saying, and probably lying.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

I actually race real cars with NASA and can confirm that IRacing's tire physics model is ****. There is no way to properly throttle steer the car under control at the limit. Josef Newgarden said it best and he should know!

Also IRacing's business model is terrible, I think Reiza Studios has been generous with the content, development bang for the buck is great. Base game purchase and yearly subscription for season pass of all the new content or specific packs added to the base is a good model.

Suggestion for Renato and crew: Get many real race car drivers and big names playing AMS2 and talking about it openly to capture IRacing's market share. The only thing that's missing now for AMS2 is multiplayer focus and community.

Keep up the great work Renato, AMS2 is amazing.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I absolutely not want to defend iRacing but I dont think your numbers are fair.
    How about including the return payment you mandatory recieve if you does participate in a certain number of official races?
    This is a way iRacing get people to participate on track in MP.;)

I did spend 5+ years some years back as an iRacing member and when we discussed the cost of the membership inside the iRacing forum a lot of drivers said that they ALMOST could race for free because of this payback thing.
    And they also added that if you also used the 3 or 6 items rebate when you did buy new car/tracks then you could keep the total cost reasonably low.

So yes iRacing does cost money - but not reasonably much if you use these tricks.
    And only buy car/tracks you need.:whistle:

ByTheWay: The only reason I aborted my iRacing membership was because the lousy tire model. In my oppinion the most bad one next to Mario Cars.:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Apex

Apex Active Member

Not happening with iRentals, I suppose!

16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

You can’t recycle digital cars;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Yes the tire model does suck, the lack of slip angle/yaw is poor.

18. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Are you serious here?
    iRacing have probably the most succesfull sim racing business model on the market.
    Why should they change it to something less profitable?
    But I agree we live in a capitalistic world - you got me there :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Berghe

Berghe BANNED BANNED

I wonder when iRacing starts "to sell" spare parts for crashed cars... :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

return payment, lol. It’s not like it’s a roi you’ll be getting.