1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Apex

Apex Active Member

Any news on the historic versions of Spa and Nord? Forgive me if I have overlooked a comment on that somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Knell Rohan

Knell Rohan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

and Monaco 1989...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marg

Marg Active Member

YEs, Azure (Monaco) must have at least 1 historic version. I do not like current version ( I mean real life). For most of the time it was different ( like ~1975-2005)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

I have a theory that the big surprise will be the announcement that the last Premium Track DLC will be Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It just makes no sense to make a Indycar and oval DLC and not have Indycar's crown-jewel, the 1995 cars which ran the Indy 500 will also get their oval aero kits. And if even K&W (formerly Sector3) can get the license for Indy twice Reiza surely has the money and resources for it.
    So yeah I think Indy is most likely the last premium track, it's also the opportunity to feature more alternate or historical layouts like the early 2000's Grand Prix layout (PTSD alert: like for the 2005 US GP) instead of just the modern oval and road course layouts.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  5. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I don't think the above sits well with the other offerings of the track pack. That's not to say it shouldn't come in racing USA dlc (part 4 perhaps), I just think the tracks already in the premium pack have nothing to do with Indy.

People who want oval racing but don't have season pass might even be annoyed by its exclusion from the USA pack to be put in with tracks they might not buy otherwise.

I am always excited to try the new content and recognise what a huge deal this is for avid fans, but I, personally, will be glad to see the back of Racin' USA in favour of the other DLC packs still to come.

Still, I'm sure there will be some great fun to be had with this next update and ovals. =)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mid Ohio Sportscar course
    Why?
    1. just two tracks for US pt3 instead of three
    2. will fit to F-US and F-USA 2022 cars
    3. will fit to every GT and Sportscar
    4. is one of the oldest road course in US
    5. IS STILL MISSING:(

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

As far as i remember Renato said "with luck late September"...so it was planed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

1. But they also said Pt3 might be lower price due to less content
    2-4. Think it would deserve more spotlight than that, I would guess it's something related to karting tracks like last time

I'd be a bit disappointed personally, not much point having versions from pre 1990s whereas all the other ones have 70s/80s versions. Admittedly, lots of tracks don't have that much history, but I've fingers crossed it will be one that does.

9. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

"something exciting": Goiania external, Brasilia Outer, Curitibia Outer in reverse to create ovals?
    Wouldn't mind lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

According to me, Indianapolis, Mexico or Surfers Paradise could be the last track. 3 great tracks

11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All that is true, but I do think the Premium track pack's remit is for famous European tracks, and nothing is more premium or famous than Le Mans...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. rmagid1010

Yeah the trucks had a very unique driving style of using throttle instead of the wheel to steer, so glad its being fixed

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't get me wrong, steering them will still require on-throttle driving style. It's a spool driven heavy truck that has less front than rear rubber. To be quickest you need to induce slight throttle oversteer before the apex already, but it will take its toll for tires. Right now, the Trucks aren't really steering in any useful amount at all is more the issue. (One of a few more)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Laulenture

Now that track specific aero-kits are available the door is open for LeMans-spec cars, Le Mans is also a good candidate but I think Indianapolis is a bit more likely given the circumstances. There's imo a way more pressing need for Indy since we've got two DLCs all about Indycar and oval but not the single most important Indycar track in existence which is also an oval and to me that makes no sense. Tho I don't know why Reiza made the decision to leave Indy out.
    LeMans' firmly my most wanted track but AMS2 also doesn't have many cars that competed at the 24H so I'd think it'd be preferable to have a big LeMans DLC with the modern track, multiple historical variants and the Bugatti circuit while we're at it along with a set of cars.
    I don't agree with people saying that the premium track pack is for European tracks or whatever, I think they are just the very famous tracks Reiza wants, most of them being European and American but the US tracks are taken by Racin' USA, except for Indy for some reason. I also don't see how Indianapolis is not as premium as Monza and Silverstone when Indy hosts what is arguably the world's third bigger motorsports event in the world.
    Whatever the last track we'll know soon, in a couple of months at most so idk, I'm just throwing stuff at the wall, we'll see what sticks in due time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. USCTrojan4JC

USCTrojan4JC New Member

California Speedway's turns are banked at 14 degrees compared to Michigan's 18 degrees. California is also wider in places and has more bumps on the back straightaway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. rmagid1010

There are quite a few cars in ams2 that raced at Le mans. Project cars 2 had seperate ‘cars’ for le mans including le mans-spec porsche 962c and sauber c1. Hopefully the le-mans spec models can be retrieved from sms and be be merged into the existing cars like how many formula 1 cars will have Monza-spec wings. And ams2 already has GTE. Lets just hope for some of the new top level class to arrive in ams2 alongside le mans…

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Laulenture

That's the thing, I don't think we can expect Lemans prototypes anytime soon.. And the way PC2 handled Lemans-spec cars was just bad, that's why Reiza added a system to AMS2 to automatically select the right aero kit for each tracks.
    And while I agree with you that I don't care much we don't have many cars for it, GT1, Group C, GTE are enough for me to go race on the roads of Sarthe but I think Reiza will want to do it the right way and wait for until they can make more cars and add features that would benefit 24H racing like mid-race save until they add such a mythical track.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Gateway is 1.25 miles, Motegi is 1.549 miles

• Like Like x 1
  19. Laulenture

Wait are we back top the times we argued about cookie-cutter tracks? Sweet

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. rmagid1010

Renato wrote in April:
    I think it was also said somewhere by someone that updates to Nurburgring would come first. Obviously Reiza have lost the ability to time manage ;), but that was because of the shift in emphasises from quantity to quality. Personally I would expect and hope that Nurburgring (and maybe Spa) updates come along with the long-hinted Nissans and Aston Martins. The GT3-or-nothing crowd havn't been too happy since Reiza decided to simulate 4 different years of not-indycars, so this content together would be quite appropriate. Of course we have no idea until the dev update next month drops (if at all), and the merc GT4 is coming at the end of the month regardless.