1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is true, le mans wouldn't really work without things like enduro pit-stop strategies for the ai, saving the race for single-player, and driver swaps for multiplayer (alongside stewarding system and better broadcast facility which leagues will need). Until then, it would be shorter sprint races like in gran turismo

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

On a slightly different note I hope they add the GT layout for Spa, with the longer pitlane and all, at least so we can have more cars and have a more realistic GT experience.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Happy "fathers day" to all brazilian fathers out there !
    :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

i hope spa 2022 with RX track layout. and nurburgring 1971 with legendary sudschleife also

6. Apex

Apex Active Member

Cheers!

7. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a strong suspicion that the "surprise" for 1.4 will be Spa 2022.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

What if the surprise is just hiding an SDK somewhere in the files with a little Notepad document saying "Make your own surprises, we didn't feel like it"

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Laulenture

Tbf we already know how to mod the game (for cars at least), it's just that because of how the engine works it's super impractical. I mean to add cars you have to use a mod loader and manually edit the game's content database.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CatAstrophe05

Which is why having proper mod tools would be nice but I'm fairly certain we've already had the conversation about Madness' mod unfriendliness and probably EA/SMS not wanting to give the tools out now so, oh well guess we're waiting on Reiza's surprise

11. Laulenture

The problem are not the lack of mod tools, it's how the engine works at its very core, and I'm pretty sure that Reiza are not allowed to open the game to modding anyway..
    The Madness engine simply isn't made to take in user modifications and content dynamically.

12. CatAstrophe05

Yeah that's what I'm saying, you worded it better though to be fair

13. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd say that the Spa RX layout is quite likely to happen… I speculate that one of the main reasons that Reiza is working on an updated 2022 layout of Spa is so they can make room for the RX arena. Otherwise, the difference to the track from 2020 to 2022 is not that big, IMO – basically just more gravel traps, 1 new motorbike corner variant at Speaker's Corner, and grandstands at Raidillon. Seems a bit weird for Reiza to make a big deal over such minor changes, unless it's so they can secretly bundle something else with it, no?

Also, given that Spa 1971 & 2022 development has been pushed to later this semester, a RX track fits well with releasing the Spa updates around the same time as Reiza hoped they would be able to release/announce dirt racing (as mentioned in the December 2021 Dev update).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

18:05 is a hint that I believe is referring to Spa 2022 and its release would coincide with the Belgium Grand Prix.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Laulenture

The Adrenaline pack is not set to only be about dirt racing, it's about "several off-road & Extreme Motorsports". By looking at AMS that'd mean dirt racing, super trucks and drifting.
    Personally I'd like them to drop the 3 drift cars and tracks in favor of a RX class featuring stuff like the Polo RX and more RX and dirt tracks to go alongside the Formula Dirt and Lancer Dirt.

The nice thing about Super trucks (apart from it being really fun) is that you don't need new tracks, AMS uses almost if not only modified layouts of already existing tracks (e.g. the Adelaide super truck track is the regular track with extra ramps and chicane) so you can have many tracks for little work.

Dropping drifting also means dropping the drifting game mode and that time can be spent adding a joker lap system and WRX's race qualifying format which is really fun.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. rmagid1010

but pc2 already had rallycross game mode so i dont think that would be much work relative to oval racing, unless you're talking about the whole knockout-competition style tournements

17. rmagid1010

Would be nice, but I suspect a 3rd oval for this month. Reason being that we only would have 4 ovals for 4 classes of not-indycars. By definition, you do a lot of laps of any of these tracks, more so than a normal race track due to the difference in lap time. You might get bored of doing hundreds of laps around only 4 ovals, so i'm hoping we get some other oval. Something 1.5 mile long.

18. Laulenture

I'm talking about the World Rallycross Championship's qualifying and race format, the one represented in DR2.0's WRX game mode. I love it since you're always racing and I don't like hotlapping

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

:D

• Funny Funny x 5
  20. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Untitled-1.png

Amogus?

• Funny Funny x 3