1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

One thing that is strongly missing in AMS2 is ingame description about it's content. I don't know how hard is to insert some good text, as with Gran Turismo series, telling some of cars, tracks and competitions history and some tech info.

This would add a lot of value to the content and immersion to the players. I know that writing is not cheap, but believe that is one things that you can do with the better value/cost ratio.

Abração!

• Agree Agree x 26
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If I remember right, while AMS2 was in EA there was bird sound. It maked me confuse because I thought there is sitting a bird in my room :confused:

3. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, there are some details missing in the description of the cars, I think especially an explanation of the boost system, kers, DRS, etc... not everyone knows that on the Stock Cars you can use 15 boosts on the whole race, etc...
    I even saw a video of a Youtuber on the Stock Cars 2021 or 22, and it was me who taught him that the boost existed on this series. But his video doesn't show the interest of the boost, and it's a shame.

There is also the Mclaren MP4/12, I know it has the fiddle brake system, but not everyone knows it. The description is missing an explanatory text.

There is also the Brabham BT46B Fan car, it would be nice to have an explanatory text on the system and the best way to use it. the advantage it brings, etc...

It's part of the small details that would allow not to miss anything of this great simu.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

IMHO the Career mode is the best place to come up with these things, like descriptions and the history of cars, tracks, and leagues.

I read in some place this mode is planned to be delivered when they reach the level of content and game state they initially planned, so I feel it will be one of the last stuff they will bring into the game.

5. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

… true. And for sure a BIG year-number of the cars.

it puzzling me having so many cars from different eras and not naming every car also by year.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

EDIT

7. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

No, I'm not exited anymore for announcements about stuff that might, or might not, be released this or next year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Jugulador

Even IF they deliver a career mode, it could be good, bad or indiferent to some/most of the players. Explanation would come right away for everybody.

If not on cars menu, may come in form of an ingame encyclopedia, as most of old school combat flight sims and some strategy games (as Civilization series) did. But the info have to be there... the more the merrier.

Yes... this is something so consolidated in the genre and well received by players that I don't know why some sims still don't use the format. Even online car dealers use this format.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I hope the cool fender flares to cover those fat slicks get added at some point :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You mean something like in TOCA Race Driver 3's career mode, where your manager/engineer Rick Irving gives an intro cutscene to each car?

Codemasters have done a lot of weird things in racing sims, but you can't deny that they know how to create good career modes!

(evidence of how much they care to deliver good quality: Listen to how Rick Irving has no reverb on his voice when outside, and a room reverb when inside. That's a crazy amount of attention to detail)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

That video is a prime example of what a big publisher brings to the table. Money to spend on state-of-the-art (for its time) cinematic production. Money to spend on licensing. Staff with skills to put it all together. Codies certainly has always been top in this area.

12. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

The idea of spoken descriptions for each car has always been a really nice feature to me in games like the TOCAs and Forza Motorsport 4: would be a nice feature to see in a proper simulation and i mean if you need a voice actor feel free to consult this random person on the forums trust me it's a great idea

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We do have the cars of ams2 website, but i think its very outdated. I think a better option is for someone in Reiza to create an ams2 wiki at Fandom and paste the information from cars of ams2 into that website

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

But you wait impatiently for the Hurracan Evo,, Porsche 992 GT3 Ferrari 296 GT3, Maserati MC20 and all the GT2-cars to come to ACC - aren’t you?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jugulador

I know and already have it favorited here... but I believe that most of players don't want to alt+tab and them navigate through a website just to get these infos.

And the devs will always know better about their chosen content... so..

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. rmagid1010

An in-game wikipedia could be an interesting idea, along with the promised ffb guide. But I do feel the open-source collaborative nature of a wiki has advantages as I'm sure people on this forum will know a lot about certain things to do with stuff like racing history, and it doesn't preclude reiza devs from contributing. I just think a Reiza employee has to start it to make it official.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Like , "more info" link that point to a text or html file we (you) can edit and anyone can share?

18. rmagid1010

or why not a QR code that links to said wiki?

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Becouse is better a pop windows in game. Ihmo

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Jugulador

Just do like Gran Turismo and let a text roll at the bottom of the screen, where there is nothing using the space already.

• Agree Agree x 3