1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    would be fun to have this.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I paid a Singaporean dude 20 euros 4 years ago and I get all of F1TV cloned into a website, DRM bypassed and all. Piracy is awesome.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I think this is the first time I've seen anyone in the history of simracing outside of GP2 and I guess rFactor want to drive the 1994 version of Spa...credits on the outside the box thinking I guess :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Lele

Lele New Member

I'm from Brazil and here I believe here is one of the few places where f1 is broadcast free on television.
    Now you can also subscribe f1 tv pro but imho the broadcast for the current network is very good.

5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Cursed-rouge can stay in the past thank you

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Many countries only have partial rights where only the race is shown and nothing else.
    Most will be pay to watch though. I guess I'm lucky to have 3 free channels to watch F1 xD

List of Formula One broadcasters - Wikipedia

7. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

In Uruguay it was that way until some years ago (2013, I guess). I watched F1 all my childhood in open Television. We also had many F3000 races and even a couple of CART races broadcasted in open TV in the late 90's, due to Gonchi Rodriguez being a national star (Rest in peace, Gonchi :(). I think motogp was also open broadcasted until the early 2010s. Good old times.

The worst thing is that nowadays everything is so fragmented.. Some years ago, with a suitable cable operator plan you had everything you wanted. Now you have some content in cable TV, some in the streaming service X, some in the streaming service Y....

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. CatAstrophe05

It's just so funny how we've perfectly looped around in all of it: Cable started off as free, adless and relatively conjoined, then started getting ads which you had to pay to remove, then started getting dozens of channels split up that you had to pay for seperately, with exclusive shows as well as a bunch of stuff you DON'T want to watch alongside it, which all in all meant piracy became a huge thing
    Then Netflix dropped, adless, conjoined and pretty cheap for its subscription, which made people stop pirating since they had a genuinely viable option. Fast forward about 10 years they started getting ads and there are dozens of streaming services split up that you have to pay for seperately, with exclusive shows as well as a bunch of stuff you DON'T want to watch alongside it, which means everyone's getting back into piracy and we're right back at square one

Rant aside we should probably get back onto the simracing topic of this simracing forum, at least we can make our own racing action in these if we can't catch the IRL stuff

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

That's mostly what I watch now. No longer need to see races live. Frankly, rather race than watch racing. Guess I'm spoiled.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One of the best features of F1TV is the ability to watch the races without any commentary over it, just the environmental sounds.

When the commentary starts to get too stupid (usually Croft on the international feed and Sérgio Mauricio on the brazilian feed), I swiftly switch to environmental-only audio.

Also, the Firefox picture-on-picture comes pretty handy when you want to follow 1 or 2 onboards while watching the main feed.

I hope F1TV came to stay, because I can't go back to the usual TV standard of mediocrity.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, having 1994 F1 cars would be a great content ;)
    The 1994 Benetton was a great painting, the 1994 Ferrari a super chassis, but also the Arrows/Footwork had a great paint.

12. CatAstrophe05

Honestly I'd vouch more for 1993 cars since I loved the MP4/8 in rF2 but I understand cars that are as easy to drive as them probably arent very appealing to most with talent

13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Williams FW14B and Mclaren MP4/8B (the one with the lamborghini v12 engine) would be great additions to the sim, if Reiza can somehow simulate active suspension, abs and tcs in these cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Being a filmaker and a sound geek (I usually play with hi-fi sound or headphones), I'm very excited about the advances in the sound field cause they add so much in terms of immersion, realism and thrill.
    Is there any planned attention to fix onboard sound effects for the 1.4 release? I think there is still a -not so- small list of pending fixes from official release that IMHO should be addressed, such as missing ignition sounds on some vehicles (F-trainer, Lotus 23 , Mini Cooper, Camaro SS, McLaren F1 GTR and quite some more), or bad sound mix in some cars like the Camaro GT4.R that when starting the engine, it's heard idling when the ignition has not yet started the engine. Another detail is the overly obvious engine sound loops like the high revs one on the F3 wich is super annoying. Don't get me wrong, these cars drive great but i'm forced to avoid it because the high rev sound loop ruins the immersion and simply drives me crazy. There are also the infamous pops (GT3 McLaren and BMW, Caterham academy and more) and engine sounds shared by cars from different manufacturers (Copa Classics and Hot Cars for example), although I wouldn't hold my breath for this latter because I know that first you have to get the recorded sounds from the cars in real life which is not easy to do, much less cheap, also I have already mentioned that here several times but it does not seem to be of interest to many, therefore they are not a priority :'(
    In the future, some improvements would be fantastic, such as a slight fade in the kerb effects because as it is right now, the sound cutoff is pretty abrupt, therefore, unreal. Also the dirt hitting the bodywork when going off the track, I think it should be richer/varied and in some cases it should last longer, especially when we dig a lot of dirt by putting more than one tire off the track. I also think that said effect should sound different on open wheelers without fenders, for obvious reasons.
    Lastly, it would be great to introduce wind friction sounds and damping/suspension effects for those cars that apply, especially on bumpy tracks and when jumping or going airborne.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 2
  15. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are we there yet?

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. CatAstrophe05

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The difficulty in a race comes with the competition, not the technical abilities, or disadvantages of the car. RL I was very well able to get maximum adrenaline rush from the Aygo, C1, 107 Cup. The Problem with sims and games in general simply is: you can't replicate that. Low power racing in sims is really a bit biteless. You need at least simulated 200hp more for a similar sensation. Even shooting a humble .22 semiautomatic weapon gives you more sensation RL than any FPS shooter. (as a comparison)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I love this, thank you

19. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Waiting for v1.4
    REIZA, please go...
    ss125250.jpg

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Creative Creative x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I know what I will be doing in one week if everything goes well.

• Like Like x 1