1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

August 31st at 23:59 Brasilia time. :)
    Hope for the best and prepare for the worst and you'll never be disappointed. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

3rd of September is more probable.

3. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Anyone else notice the devlog suddenly getting updated and removing all images/mentions of the F-USA 22?

4. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Huh, the new car is gone? The Steam version of the blogpost also changed

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I do not like this at all.

It _did_ look like a Dallara IR18, so I hope they just have to adjust the looks slightly and it'll be good to go still, but not particularly optimistic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. CatAstrophe05

Weird removal, my assumption is hopefully just either a mess-up on the edit or a way of saying "We're gonna have to delay this"

...hopefully Indycar or Dallara didn't get on them for it :confused:

7. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

FUUUUU***

8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

An update on the Dev Update, some edits that we´ve just made and the release of Racin´ USA Pt3 folks - we have had an old conversation reignited in recent days, and with it the prospects of having official licenses for new IP in the future. Until these conversations are concluded however and irrespective of what the end result is, it seemed appropriate for us to remove any reference to the Formula USA 2022 and review our plans for Racin´ USA Pt3 accordingly.

We´re still deciding how Racin´ USA Pt3 release (which was scheduled for this weekend) will be impacted - there could be a partial release without this one car, or everything may be put on hold for a couple more weeks until we have everything worked out and the pack potentially expanded - we´ll let you know as soon as we do.

Either way, the release of V1.4 and everything else in it won´t be impacted, with plans going ahead for a release this weekend :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    • Winner x 26
    • Like x 20
    • Informative x 16
    • Dislike x 4
    • Friendly x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  10. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Okay, I think I take back my earlier statement and do like this a L O T. :D

11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Panic averted for now! Lets hope Reiza get that Indycar license and two other licenses...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Scared us real good, my man.
    Let's hope your discussion with Indycar goes well. As for the DLC's release I trust you to make the right decision since you know much better than I but I'd be okay with a partial release since we can still get the oval CART configs. If you don't go that route it'd be nice if you released the new Aston and Nissans, assuming they are ready. Without Racin' USA Pt3 they'd get a much better chance to get the spotlight they deserve.

Anyway let's hope things go well and they can release the update this week-end. Also I think I can bury my theory about Indy being the last track DLC..

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. CatAstrophe05

This is a much better type of Indycar getting onto you for it than I was worried about, good luck with trying to sort that out!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dolph

phew. Good news in the end I suppose.

15. Dolph

I'd rather take the ovals now and get the rest of the content later, but it can be a hard sell for anyone who still hasn't purchased Racin USA Part 3. I did though, 2 years ago with the season pack :) Still great that a potential relationship with IndyCar can be built. Its good news all around, I think, even if pen hasn't been put on paper.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. CatAstrophe05

IndyCar really like their license, huh? First iRacing, then rF2 and now potentially AMS2? I'm not complaining at all obviously, licensed content is best content and having multiple official IndyCars is great for bringing publicity about but it's just so interesting seeing a series so willing to license to multiple games at once when others (F1, NASCAR and SRO for instance) lean on the exclusivity deal side
    Shame none of them have a full simulation with all the tracks and rules and what not yet but hey maybe Reiza could be the first if we're lucky

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

Ok we understand seems to be more complicated. Nothing else matters - as long as we ll get all the nice GT cars. A n d hopefully the V12 Aston sounds and handles better than its ACC counterpart

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. DepressedHertaFan

DepressedHertaFan New Member

...Indycar being willing to license out to another developer when they are already on route to release an Indycar game next year? Jeez first the WEC game goes radio silent then Indycar starts getting buddy buddy with Reiza, things are not looking good for Motorsport Games right now. But a full fledged Indycar pack for AMS2 is totally something I'd buy so hell yeah

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. DepressedHertaFan

DepressedHertaFan New Member

Nascar is also kinda like this to a lesser extent. In 2017 they gave out the license to Forza 7, iRacing, and whatever heat game released that year. Indycar would be up to 4 for next year assuming both the Indycar game gets released and Reiza gets a deal with Indycar, not that many games.

20. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Reiza delivering.......

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1