1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Having officially licensed modern Indycars in AMS2 would be good, having officially licensed Indycar tracks in AMS2 would be even better (I bet a lot of people would be really happy about Mid Ohio & Barber).

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So racin USA gets put on hold potentially, the f USA 2022 car on hold too. Screw the customers who bought the season passes and future content?? .

I'm really trying to support this game, as are my ACC league buddies. We'd plans to run a AMS2 league on this new content.
    Guess we'll just press on with running another ACC league. We can't plan anything with missed deadlines, now revisions of possible content and so on.

It sounds like a total mess and circus.
    The best thing Reiza can do is to release what they planned to release, and then have an indy license as a paid dlc add on with official teams, circuits etc.

And I'm writing this as an objective sim racer. I race on any platform, but this suggestion that the racin USA part 3 could be deferred because indy are trying to protect their current license holders....so stir up a conversation with Reiza just as the f USA 22 model is teased.

I'll say no more, nothing more needs to be said.
    It is outright laughable.

• Disagree Disagree x 32
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the update, Renato. For my part, I would much prefer that everything in Racin' USA Pt3--minus the 2022 car and any of its unique, attendant features--be released along with V1.4. Sounds like Indycar might benefit from a timely reminder that its best days are in its rearview mirror.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Just remember it's a game, also Reiza's livelihood. They are doing what they can, no lives should be lost on this slight delay. Go play ACC or start on some other AMS2 content, it's not like there is no other cars or tracks to play. The full update will come in good time.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

That would be the best thing to do, and might help you to get over things.
    But, taking a step back for a second to look at your predicament:
    • You made future plans for a league using a sim that's still very heavily 'in development'
    • Furthermore you made future plans to use content that's not even released yet!
    Hopefully it's plain to see that you've taken a risk here?
    But then, complaining when your risk taking doesn't work out - it's just a bit rude.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with this. A potential Indy license is big step for a firm like Reiza. It is only understandable that they want to protect a positive relation with IP owner while the talks are ongoing.
    There are IMHO two good reasons not to release F USA 2022: one is not to annoy the IP owner Reiza is trying to reach a deal with, secondly it would be unfair to users to sell us content that could be potentially made "obsolete" in a short time.
    It's a bit of a bummer indeed cause everyone was in a mood to drive those cars but I think we should not call developers that are fighting to step up their game a "circus". I think that is quite too much considering everything else from a huge update is still coming and it's already a lot.
    Also putting things in perspective, if the license deal with Indy goes through, it would probably not take long before the cars are deployed to the game since F USA 2022 would be an advanced starting point I would bet.
    Seeing how things went for Reiza's competitor with the Indycar game, I would only be happy if such official content comes to AMS2 in a not too distant future.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

That's a fact for all kinds of motorsports.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

Clues that need to be in Game da In
    Please!!!

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Totally Agree

rule number one, wait until content has been out for a while before running league series on it .

There’s tones of awesome options in the mean time .

• Like Like x 5
  10. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This means no ovals and no daytona? I am so sad crying :( damned licences

11. Gary_S

The mistake was us taking reiza at their word that the content would land as they'd mentioned.
    But it's all good. We canceled the AMS2 league for now.

• Agree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  12. Gary_S

No lives have been lost.
    I already play ACC.
    Not sure the point of your comment.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Daytona (the non-yet-released oval) is part of USA Pt.1, it is possible that they enable it with 1.4. Also, Jacarepaguá should be playable with oval rules in 1.4.

14. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What is the point of yours? You are complaining that Reiza may get the official license for IndyCar? You're blaming Reiza for something that is out of their control? This isn't like they are missing another deadline because they have not completed their work, they are missing the deadline for pt 3 because license discussions were unexpectedly started again with IndyCar.

There def have been times where Reiza have underestimated and overpromised a delivery date which can be annoying, but this isn't one of those times. The 1.4 update is still coming this weekend, and if a delay to the DLC means we can get offically licensed content I don't see how you could try and argue that that is bad news.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can only speak for myself when I say I never expected a modern Indycar to be a part of the package anyway. We will still have CART ovals so while disappointing, I don't think anyone expected it anyway until Reiza announced it. Seemed like a cool freebie to me and the Racin USA stuff is amazing already anyway. \_(``,)_/

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Deuce

Deuce BANNED BANNED

For those of us new to this sim... I read the update as the new Indy style cars are being challenged and that maybe a license could change that... what is the history? Was there a legit license intention in the past and is it plausible that not only may we get an updated US top tier open wheel style car (delayed for now worst case) but we may get a licensed actual Indy car? As a new customer I again read it that we were in the process of not only being let down that there would not be any top and mid tier cars with fenders (Cars, Trucks, Super Late Models) but that we would no longer have top tier open wheel either...

Sorry, I'm just not used to paying in advance for something that seems to be so not defined/confirmed... But I like the Sim and am curious as to whether things are going the right direction or the wrong on this... probably should have paid more attention and may be just looking in the wrong places... 3 or more parts to something called USA pack to someone from the USA gave grand ideas of multi-style top tier level open wheel cars (modifieds, Sprint, Indy type, etc.) and covered wheel cars (Stock Car, Trucks, Super Late Models etc.) as well as various style ovals with may crossing over across those vehicles and maybe a few dedicated tracks by vehicle type)... maybe the road map is to have multiple USA packs (each with several parts)?

Pack one (part 1-x) is open wheel top tier vintage (and hopefully recent) with a few road courses and an oval (Open wheel doesn't race Daytona)

Pack two (part 1-x) is covered wheel vintage cars (and hopefully recent) and trucks with many common series ovals of various sizes

Pack three (part 1-x) is Modifieds and Sprint (mid-tier open wheel) and Super Late Models (mid-tier covered wheel) with many short tracks

Each pack containing an additional popular, and ideally common across vehicles, road course or two...

Is there a roadmap?

Again, I like the Sim quite much... just not sure the USA thing is intended to be widespread or just a bit of a one-off especially when it comes to vehicles...

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

interesting development. I hope its not a "Cease and Desist or pay us a big fee for a license"

Still looking forward to all that 1.4 offers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. RacingAtHome

RacingAtHome New Member

Interesting. It's a shame I won't be able to drive the "Formula USA 2022" at Gateway when it releases but the prospects of it being an official release is good. Maybe with that, we get the liveries of 2022 season.

Since Roger Penske owns the series, it would be nice to see the 1995 and 1998 Penskes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope this allows for a huge historical Indy DLC next year. I've been watching a documentary on Indy from the 60's to the 90's and it is fantastic. I really hope we get to experience that history.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When USA Racin' was detailed as split in three parts the information was that P1 would have as theme covered wheels and endurance, P2 would be open wheels and P3 would have ovals racing as theme.
    Apart from P1 for which content was teased in advance there wasn't detailed info for the remaining two parts until close to their release.
    There is now a Part 4 already announced with content also to be announced at later stage.