1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A bit ironic that the Honda sim setup for fans at races ran AC and RSS mods. :rolleyes:

Didn't GRiD also get delisted? I believe it had Le Mans. I'm curious how IMS would be that kind of legal issue given it's existed simultaneously in Pcars and iRacing for years.

If that really is the case, is it worth pursuing IMS if it means a premature death of the sim down the line?

2. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is my understanding that the F1 2022 car is apart of the base game. In terms of the unlicensed IndyCar, it's up in the air. My guess is that Reiza are working with IndyCar to get the official license since IndyCar contacted them again. If those talks fall through though I'd assume they'd go the route they originally planned with the unlicensed version, but only Reiza really know.

In terms of the AI they def still need some work. I find for short races that don't require pitstops they can do alright, but for longer enduro races, or ones requiring multiple pitstops they can really struggle with strategy. Reiza are focusing on AI now though with this 1.4 update getting them to a more satisfied place with physics, so hopefully the AI can improve more now.

I'd just keep an eye on this place for future updates, and just know that if you got the season pass you're good on whatever content comes to the game until Reiza says otherwise. The schedule for the season pass is way off, and there is still quite a few things that are included in that that haven't arrived yet.

Also if you haven't checked it out yet, racedepartment.com has some fantastic screens for the CART cars, as well as many of the formula cars too, that come with configured AI files so you're racing against real life drivers. Ads to the immersion and the skins are really well done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Since MSG is a publicly traded company we don't even really have to guess. They literally state in the Q2 2022 earnings call "the Company’s existing cash on hand will be insufficient to fund its minimum liquidity requirements for at least the next 12 months and will
    need to be supplemented with additional debt and/or equity financing, cash generated by cost control initiatives, and/or additional changes to our
    product roadmap to reduce working capital requirements."

My guess is that the license holders for the BTCC, WEC, IndyCar, etc saw how poorly the Nascar 21 game was recieved and now IndyCar is looking at other developers to license their content to instead of relying on MSG when they are hemorrhaging money and not really showing a lot of progress.

Obviously this is all speculation, but I think you're on the right track that IndyCar reaching out is a good thing not a "stop or we will sue you" thing. Hopefully negotiations can progress quickly and we can all find out sooner than later on the future. I'd love for officially licensed IndyCar content, especially if it meant we got the feeder series, and missing Penske cars too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Does this mean the beta is going to loose any updates that are already in place?

5. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

Very interesting to read all the comments from the western hemisphere cause the europe boys´n girls are not familar with the Indycar/CART politics.

It s like on stock–exchange: Only the announcement of a breathtaking feature (Oval–racing, SC and FCY) makes the whole sim“racing circuit crazy. So it all reshuffles the pack.

6. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe the IndyCar license was Renato's possible surprise. Now the negotiations are longer than expected and you have to react.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pc3 still has the indycars so idk, I have a feeing it is related to Le Mans and Spa

8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Idk as Reiza went through the trouble of creating a full grid of fictional liveries, or at least enough liveries for the teaser photos

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I don't think it would make much sense personally to show off an unlicensed version of a car you have the license for only to show the fact that, actually, it was licensed from the start as a surprise (when the existence of the car in question was a surprise anyway for anyone outside the betas (or maybe even inside it?)) but Reiza are an unpredictable studio I guess :whistle:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think that with the possible license was very short term and was a surprise even for Reiza

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. hb22

hb22 Member

Very pleased to read this bit, excited to play this weekend with the new AI and audio upgrades and especially full course yellows :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Remaining cautiously optimistic considering the history of stated vs actual release dates but fingers crossed

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Judging the progress of AMS2 from the beginning, I'm sure it will be a big step forward for the sim.
    The non-release of the 2022 Indy cars I think and hope will only be temporary.I think indy is happy if a lot of virtual players get hooked on their series and one way to get it is to allow them to run on virtual machines and circuits.
    I can't wait to try 1.4 and test it thoroughly.
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No, I'm not complaining on the official content. Please read what I've written already.
    I'll repeat it.
    The planned USA pt3 with the f USA 2022 should drop as planned. If an official agreement is made later on, then this can be sold as a dlc. Win win for everyone.
    Indycar are stalling here to protect the current batch of license holders. Delay Reiza till year end when the season winds off. If Indycar were serious, why now. Why with the most talked about sim update of the summer are talks magically reignited.

It also is in their control. They are the ones choosing to halt (potentially) the pack release and are likely to cancel the f USA 22 car. This is their choice, no one else's.

Unless there is a signed agreement in place with Indycar or damn close to it, then delaying content on a hope is not a good strategy. And then considering holding back the entire USA pt3 pack on these "discussions" is insane.
    If its that big of a deal let them create a USA pt4. I'd happily buy that if it was indy and more ovals etc.

As it is now based on the news we have , it is disappointing to read of potential delays based on "discussions".

Let's see what happens, but I'm not expecting much anymore from Reiza to be honest, rightly or wrongly.

• Disagree Disagree x 17
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Releasing an unlicensed car whilst in discussions to get an official license, is a very good way to end those discussions.

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Like Like x 2
  16. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Assumption

Assumption

Assumption

All of your complaints are based on assumptions.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

It's no use discussing the risk/reward probability without being privy to the Reiza/Indycar communication. If the chance of obtaining the licence is very low, it's not worth it, but if the chance is high, getting the licence would be an excellent prospect for the sim and therefore worth a few compromises.

Only Reiza know what Indycar have told them, so let's trust they don't gave the opportunity of having Formula USA's in the game away for what amounts to lofty daydreams caused by a deliberate stalling attempt that I couldn't find a reason for (especially because the official Indycar game is supposed to be released in a year, and is pretty likely to not release at all).

18. Gary_S

Indeed, and the possible delay on the content is based on......yes,
    ..... An assumption.
    You finally see my point.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Gary_S

But why now.
    Why are the discussions magically back on the table just as the car is due to release.
    Sounds to me like someone at MSG picked up the phone to indycar.

The timing is beyond strange.
    If Reiza are to consider delaying their own content, there should be a very strong understanding in place with indycar, with clear deadlines.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I don't think your somewhat negative spin is the only way to look at this.

Maybe Indycar, knowing full well that as soon as the MSG product arrives, they will not be allowed to give out their licence to anyone in a way that's meaningful, have just taken notice that there's someone with an actually working game that is able to create a faithful rendition of this year's Indycar, and are looking for a way to promote their franchise in a positive way before the inevitable failure that's going to arrive in 2023 (if it arrives at all).

Reiza will be able to deliver a reasonable Indycar experience in record time because some fundamentals and the car are already there, and maybe time is of the essence because of exclusivity licence agreements that take effect in the buildup to Indycar 2023.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Like Like x 1