1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You do know that RF2 has the dallara indycar already yeah?
    MSG could package this officially in rf2 as dlc, but they have been busy releasing touring cars lately. So spinning this to buy time and delay Reiza is a reasonable tactic.

Everyone on here disagreeing with me, without seeing the bigger picture is short sighted.
    Take off your Reiza blinkers.
    I want AMS2 to be a success, I want Reiza to be a success. But no one benefits from being fed crap and not calling foul.
    I'll probably get flamed more for this comment, but we need to remember how MSG have misguided their shareholders to date, false promises, failed games (nascar)....nothing, nothing is beyond them, even trying to delay the f USA 22 car.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The contract between Indy and MSG is deposited at SEC. You can read it online.
    It contains agreements for development in 2021 and 2022 and then starting in 2022 royalties on sold products. From January 2023 only royalties on sales are envisaged, but clearly I doubt the Indy game is coming in January.
    It contains quality metrics and other ways out of the agreement or parts of it (for instance the exclusivity of the agreement) based on failure to comply with schedule (launch and/or yearly re-launch of the product), quality metrics and other "breaches" of agreed terms including financial terms (like not filing for bankruptcy or failing to provide timely payments of development fees and royalties).
    We know the financial situation of MSG as it is again public since it's a stock exchange company.
    No one knows exactly what is happening between Reiza and Indy and why, so better not to speculate and patiently wait.
    I don't think we should think immediately conspiracy, just normal business.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Gary_S

It depends on what they class as a game. Could they DLC it into RF2?
    Could they deploy it quickly onto the RF2 platform and package it as a stand-alone? Given that new content has been coming for this game for a while, it is plausible.

My main issue is Reiza holding off on content without any agreements in place and/or MSG still having the license. So at this stage, this is nothing more than a delay with no real weight behind it.
    I would love nothing more than an official indy series in AMS2...but "discussions" does not equal and understanding or even an agreement. So therefore, outside of speculation, this is purely a delay tactic with no substance.
    Unless of course there is a forfeit of license, or MSG is losing the license...but I am now speculating.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If there is any exclusivity is for the use of the Indycar name. The IR18 belongs to Dallara so if any problem happened it's between Reiza and Dallara.
    Making a car to F1 2022 spec is one thing. Copying an IR18 is another, this model was too damn close to the real one. The good news is that Reiza can license it.

5. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 6
  6. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The timing isn't that strange if you are aware of MSG and their Q2 earnings call which was released less than two weeks ago.

• Like Like x 4
  7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

wrong thread, sry

8. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

If Reiza had shorted $MSGM since it listed on NASDAQ in Jan. 2021, they could buy the entire Indycar series, nevermind haggling over licences. No HODL retail traders are going to resurrect that pile of garbage. Be that as it may, Reiza has the opportunity to play the proverbial White Knight and rescue Indycar from its ill-advised partnership with Motorsports Games--if Indycar regains a sense of business acumen sadly lacking since the mid-nineties.

iRacing content notwithstanding, there hasn't been a noteworthy Indycar sim since Papyrus. Indycar would benefit immensely from a sim like AMS2 that has the potential to properly recreate both contemporary and historic Indycar seasons.

9. Gary_S

I sincerely hope that you are all correct in your speculation.
    As I say, I would love the actual series in AMS2, but to be potentially wotholding planned content is very extreme. I can only suppose that these discussions are at an advanced stage.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Dylan Hale

Well so far, the only things that have been held back are
    -2022 Formula USA (for certain)

We don't know about the oval tracks and the CART cars though. They might get delayed, they might not. Thats whats driving me crazy

We know we're getting the GT cars and the physics and AI improvements.

11. Gary_S

The indy car license is non exclusive. But, indycar will also want to keep the license valuable, so won't throw it around to everyone either, for anyone to buy.

Let's see how it plays out. But I've kinda written off anything in v 1.4. Let's see what else lands.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

If only Reiza could buy S397 and rF2 from MSG...

...let's start a Kickstarter campaign so this will happen! :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Gary_S

Correct, the current shareholders may try to rescue it, if they think there is value there.
    The share price has nothing to do with business decisions going forward. And it all depends on how msg plan to go forward. I haven't listened to the earnings call, but the finances are in pieces.

14. Gary_S

Yes, but, I actually think AMS2 is the better sim. RF2 has a ffb that I just can't get on with. Way too many road bumps and details, not enough actual cornering forces.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dylan Hale

I don't know why you would want this, because as far as I can tell, RF2 is a entirely unfixable game. 3 studios have tried, and 3 studios have failed. Hell, Nascar ignition was literally a RF2 spin off and you see how that went.

RF2 is a castle made if toothpicks and tape, and its still standing, for now

• Like Like x 1
  16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can edit the Controller.json file to reduce the jolt effects without losing anything on the FFB fidelity of the cornering forces. This will reduce the violent bump steer from road imperfections that overloads the default FFB. I ended up with the following values:

"Jolt magnitude":0.015
    "Off-road multiplier":0.03

17. Dylan Hale

I also don't understand the appeal of RF2 outside of historical car racing, because all the modern cars feel way too fast for me. I don't know if the tracks are too small, the cars too quick or some sort of oddity in how the game calculates time but Its like playing the game on fast forward, it just doesn’t feel realistic to me

18. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

If that were so, it would be a first. The Board of Directors and shareholders of $MSGM must have among the diamondest of diamond hands!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dylan Hale

But, A poor enough share price to be delisted from the stock exchange + negative cashflow + the only from scratch product they have released was **** + the CEO and crew's history of running companies into the ground for personal profits + Employees on glassdoor complaining about mismanagemnt and literally not doing anything at work = some serous discussions on the longevity of the company.

My question is what are they doing with the 3d models of all these famous people's faces?

20. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope the UDP/Shared Memory feed gets update for the new flag (FCY).

Cheers.

• Like Like x 5