1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes it needs to work with crew chief!

• Like Like x 3
  2. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think It depends on @mr_belowski to make it work, but I think the basics are already in.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Contracts are made to be read :D

Anyway, without knowing what the contract between IMS and Dallara say, I would say it is very likely that Dallara retains the "engineering" rights but IMS has the right to market the car as part of IMS series. I would go as far as saying that probably being the car a one off made for the series IMS would have prevented Dallara from marketing separately on their own.
    So the right entity to discuss IP for the car's representation in videogames is indeed IMS.

The way the contract between MSG and IMS is written it gives an exclusive use to MSG only forward in time (meaning IMS has no obligation to force iracing & other to cancel previously licensed content) and only under certain conditions of schedule of product delivery, quality and payments. If the product is not launched in time it gives the right to IMS to market their rights elsewhere. If payments are not made in time same outcome.
    Note also that the contract allows IMS to terminate the whole contract or just part of it (for instance the exclusivity) should some of the obligations not be fulfilled.
    It seems to cover all uses for videogames, esports, streaming and all the eco-system of videogames both for use in RF2 and in the dedicated Indy game.
    You can read and make an opinion for yourself from the link someone else just added.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Not really, rF2 is heavily based on ISI code (way more than madness engine) and if we compare what Reiza did with AMS1 and AMS2 until now I am confident Reiza would squeeze every single bit of rF2 code and built something magnificent on top of it.

Current studios doesn't have the same background as Reiza, also keep in mind that there was a time S397 and Reiza were in touch to work together but didn't happen due to different views...

Just imagine rF2 with AMS1 AI and features plus rF2 tyres model with some magic from Niels...

But...back on topic....

The more will come for AMS2 the better will be. While the patch will probably be delivered as promised I can happily wait for new content if this means licensed cars and tracks or more of them overall.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nah. Not even F1 cars belong to F1 let alone other series. This car is all about Dallara and anyone can license it. Now to use the name "Indycar" is a whole other history.

6. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And this ladies and gentleman, is how rumors start. Poor Renato, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Hopefully whatever is causing this delay is to the benefit of Reiza, and not the detriment.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  7. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't agree with what you say. On some points of view you may be right about the pneumatic model simulation, but the Madness engine also has an advanced tyre model at finite element. That said, ISI now has the most mature physics engine, but Renato himself has admitted that he has much more awareness than when he was studying it in the early months of Madness. There is also to consider the graphic level that Madness manages to bring with it, where currently the current ISI cannot do. The way I see it there are pros and cons, but I see the Pros weigh more, especially looking at the excellent work Reiza is doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One thing to say:
    Reiza's sim,
    Reiza's money,
    Reiza's risk,
    Reiza's judgement,
    Reiza's decision,
    live with it.

Another thing to say
    Reiza never cheated on us.
    :hurrayreiza:

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 1
  9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

F1 is different because the manufacturers design the cars for themselves not under a contract with the series organizer to design and supply the cars like Dallara does with IMS.
    Yet in F1 to participate you need to give the marketing rights to F1 (tracks and cars) although in a non exclusive way which means that manufacturers still retain the right to market their car separately from the F1 rights

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You guys are forgetting one very important detail...the new NASCAR game coming to Switch in October is going to fix all of MSG's financial issues and they will have plenty of money to develop a great INDYCAR game. I'm not sure how REIZA will be able to compete with that.

Edit: Don't forget to preorder it starting tomorrow!!

• Funny Funny x 12
  11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

At least Reiza has put in the work fixing issues with their game, unlike SMS, Codies, and MSG who dropped flawed titles and just moved on without attempting to fix anything.

"If Generic Sim 3 wasn't good enough, just wait three years till Generic Sim 4 releases and all your issues will be fixed."

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We'll have to agree to disagree. I do know it's like I said, that's what matters. ;)
    Have a nice day.

13. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

So he provided a perfectly valid argument, to which you have absolutely no response, but you are still right?

Of course ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. USCTrojan4JC

USCTrojan4JC New Member

1998 Penske PC27 and IMS!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  15. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Indycar needs to grow its popularity as much as possible, especially now because F1 has become much more popular in the US. (and rightfully so, look at F1's product, it's really strong. They have an amazing app you can watch new and historic races on, a racing sim and a manager sim, Drive To Survive, and every weekend is like it's own NFL Superbowl)

The Indy 500 is still very popular every year, but ever since "The Split" happened in '96, that set American Open Wheel Racing back quite a ways, and NASCAR swiped the popularity from Indycar.

If you're interested, watch this video by David Land from May, where he interviews Pato O'Ward (driver for Arrow McLaren SP)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

double yellow is already in shared memory, this is triggered when FCY

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rodrigo Dutra

Rodrigo Dutra Don Perina Racing AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 21
  18. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Has any other sim done this? Like genuinely

Awesome feature

19. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Raceroom has dirty tires that slowly clean when you're back on track but I think that's as far as we're gone in road racing,
    Dirt Rally 2 does have the dynamic dirt in the online championships but that's not quite the same either.

• Like Like x 2
  20. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Oh wait, also is it fully dynamic? Like as in there's an exact trail left until your tires clean up? Or is it just a texture that's put on
    Dirt being on-track after going offroad is such a cool minor feature anyway but I'm just curious over the implementation

• Like Like x 1