1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Seeing that, I wish we had snow, even if it's a bit silly, because sometimes sim racing is seeing what happens if you take realistic physics in an unrealistic situation.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Dirt buildup was dynamic from day 1 aswell, but lacking some visual clues. (and refinement how it's applied on track in general)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If they want to withold a car model because of some talks with indycar, fine, leave them to it.
    But I am fully expecting the rest of the racin usa pt3 to be delivered.
    The other changes due in 1.4 are also interesting. I'd be also interested to know if it impacts system performance in a meaningful way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I also very much doubt they have a choice in that, because if Indycar want, they can just claim there's a copyright infringement and stop the DLC anyway.

Whether they actually have a claim is not relevant for this.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I'm pretty sure everything else is still coming this weekend, they're just holding off the car

Also with them posting about "this weekend" not once but a few times by now I'm praying that's actually the case just so Reiza don't dig themselves into another hole over missed deadlines

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I can live with the car being witheld, once we get some alternative configurations on the existing FUSA cars and a few oval tracks.
    FCY and ovals is my main point of excitement right now. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I think we can all agree there should be ovals. There are a few issues I can see with their release this weekend:

- The Formula USA 2022 was supposed to make the Racin' USA Pt. 3 DLC sell better without causing additional licensing costs. Now it's gone and the two licenced tracks are still in the DLC, which might now generate less revenue while costing the same for Reiza.
    - Generally the pricing of Racin' USA Pt. 3 would have to be further reduced now, adding to the aforementioned problem.
    - Also, if they manage to get the Indycar license, it wouldn't be appropriate pricing to put that premium car in a pack with two tracks that will probably sell for 7-8 € now, so they would have to sell it somewhere else. They could bloat Racin' USA Pt. 4, but the Indycar is a hugely valuable piece of content, so this might lead to Racin' USA Pt. 4 being more pricey than they want.
    - There has been an opportunity to acquire the full Racin' USA Expansion pack for 34,99 €. Now there's one car less in there and it's not sure in what way, shape or form this can be replaced. This is not that big of a problem as there will be a bonus part anyway, so these people will definitely get their money's worth

All of this I imagine will be solvable, especially because Reiza's CEO and employees keep insisting that the company is in a very healthy place financially, so I have hopes that we'll get to experience oval racing as was planned, but there are roadblocks.

• Like Like x 3
  8. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was about to post the same videos, yes pCARS2 already had a live track dynamically different types of terrain were also simulated. The dirt itself once on the asphalt can be transported to clean parts of the track by other cars that arrive, the only thing that did not simulate the live track 3.0 was melted snow, and they had promised to do it on pCARS 3, but we all know where they veered. Renato Simoni himself in an interview when they presented the development of AMS2 with the use of the Madness Engine, explained how high the simulation level is, and how many real life parameters are calculated, unlike many other SIMs

here Endy Thudor was showing Live Track 3.0 on pCARS2, I remember that the collection of water in a point of the track is not only a 2D simulation depicted on the track, but also the height of the water level at that point is taken into account.

here also the representation of the flexion of the carcass of the tyre model

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. CatAstrophe05

Watching through that video on their tire model (in the PC Gamer video) reminded me of how much I want the Lotus 25 or some other sort of early 60s F1 car to make an appearance :oops:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Going a little off topic when I tried Project cars 2 I was impressed by a race I did with the f3s in Japan, at Suzuka.
    Halfway through the race it started to rain and the track gradually filled up with water so much that puddles formed near the curbs.I was impressed by the behavior of the car when, at times, I entered the puddles.
    Very realistic and recognizable in real life
    What I expect from reiza that they know how to render the same effect and perhaps increase it.
    :) :) :)

11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is already there. The few races I have had in the wet in AMS2 showed already puddles forming in specific low points in the track and even when asphalt was drying you could see the same places remaining wet for much longer.
    Some places like Juncao at Interlagos show wet patches going across the track due to the track camber even when the rest of the track is almost 100% for instance.
    All this is already in AMS2 today and since long time as it was inherited through Madness Engine.
    Wet has never been a "flat layer of coat" applied to the asphalt even before v1.4.
    My understanding is that the visuals are being enhanced for some of the track rubbering/dust etc. but it's not like the track wasn't dynamic before. :D

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Track rubber, dirt, mud, wetness, puddles, loose materials all are dynamic. (and always were)

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

Ah @CrimsonEminence as you stay here for a moment I have an other question: Will the night-light-fps-drop-bug be fixed in V1.4?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is an example of asking the same question over and over again every week.

Maybe I should also start spamming what I would like to be improved every day as well?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Will there be a pre candidate release in the coming days prior to the 1.4 planned for this weekend?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Renato already just recently said that this has not been looked into much, it's most certainly not being fixed in 1.4.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

This is a common misconception - AI is affected by varying grip levels be it from rubber or dirt buildup, and while their tire model doesn´t simulate aquaplaning like the player car, they are coded to modulate throttle over them.

Not this time - straight to release Saturday morning.

• Like Like x 34
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  18. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Brazilian time? - mh, means I can update at Sunday first:(

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. CatAstrophe05

Any ETA for the approximate hour in the morning you're expecting to drop it? Just so we all know exactly when to call in sick ;)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Well actually there is a way for Reiza to give us oval racing while delaying pt3 with f-usa 2022. I might be naive, stupid and optimistic but Daytona oval is addition to pt1, while FCY and oval/road configurations are included with v1.4. I don't know if it would qualify as win-win but would tick some boxes. We'll see soon.