1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Nice one, thanks for that, needed something to get stuck into!

They must start running short of bodywork by the end of the season! :D

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  2. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

futurama-fry (1).gif
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In case you did not read it in this very forum recently Renato replied that it's not quick fix, it's not happening for v1.4 and it will be looked at in the picture of 24H races (whatever this means).
    So in short it's not coming for v1.4 and it was responded a couple of weeks ago at max.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The post in question: Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni em questão ao Drift que todos carros apresentam e que acabam ganhando tempo em hotlaps. Teremos mudanças em questão disso, já que isso, é o maior problema que o AMS2 tem em relação aos outros SIM? Outra situação, é como que ficará o Rating de corridas online? A Reiza tem intenção de apoiar ligar que usam somente o AMS2?

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Member AMS2 Club Member

Pode especificar o que entrará nesta atualização?

7. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Alright, thanks for the response. Let's hope the evolution comes to Surfers Paradise and Mexico City...Just kidding. Talking with you is always a pleasure. Thanks
    Edit : works with Belle Îsle ans Toronto

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Replying in english if that´s alright as that´s the language of the forum:

With regards to cars "drifting" or excessive sliding that most tires were perceived to have to a degree or another, the tire carcass, tread and thermodynamics revisions we´re concluding with this update rectifies most issues to satisfaction, with the thermodynamics revision within V1.4 dev cycle adding a really big difference even compared to tires that had already had been revised as of the current v1.3.8.3; whether that is closer to other sims I suppose depends on what you´re using to gauge it against, issues can and often vary from car to car in each sim but generally we believe most sims offer way too narrow margins at peak slip angles and are generally snappier and more front-limit than their real counterparts and most drivers corroborate that with their feedback - even the most responsive slick tire offers a little play at the limit and this is something we try to do a better job on (even if we ended up tackling it from the other end of the scale with AMS2).

MPRS is not changing with V1.4 but all TT boards will be reset in light of performance variations with the latest car & track physics revisions; as per the original article, there will be no further gameplay-impacting physics changes for the coming months so you can rely on a period of stability as we concentrate new developments into bigger milestone updates.

With regards to league support, we´re always happy to offer a few promotional Steam Keys for leagues that are running or intend to run AMS2 seasons whether they do it exclusively or not - if you´re a manager reach me or @CrimsonEminence via PM with info about your league and we´ll help as best as we can.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 22
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On the topic of drifting, can we address the bizarre behavior of the street Camaro's handbrake? Even with ABS and TC off, the handbrake seems to have a strange delay to it that I don't remember being an issue before. Idk it it's stimulating one of the weird electronic e-brakes (some modern cars will brake all 4 wheels instead of just the rears) that modern cars have, or a traditional cable based one.

10. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

In other sims once the tyre scrubbing audio queue kicks in, its just straight out understeer (most times) and in AMS2 I find it transitions to the tyre scrubbing state in a gradual and believable manner. Feels very engaging to drive.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Oh also, maybe I'm just seeing things but in the pictures of the F-USA G1 in this devlog am I the only one seeing a new wheel they added? (The 6 spoke, one of the used ones of the season other than the multispoke that's already present, also I know they've added new colours but I swear I can see the other design)
    [​IMG]
    upload_2022-8-24_20-27-49.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

Alguma notícia sobre Le Mans?

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The modern Camaro has an electronic parking brake...no surprise. You wouldn't be able to use it as a drifting aid.

I didn't even bother to notice that there was a handbrake option in AMS 2 since there are no cars in the game (yet) that would have one or use one (for anything besides parking, which we don't need a control for) ;)

The double brake pedal McLaren is another story.

14. Mohnsen

Mohnsen Member

Did anyone notice that opening post still says that Racin' USA Part 3 should contain one new car in three different configurations?:D:D

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

A simple editing glitch, or, secret hope that the new Indycar (in road, speedway and short oval variations) will still make it in time for Part 3 follow-up release? I don't expect it for this weekend, given what has been stated about the licensing discussion and process.

16. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Excuse my ignorance but, are the oval configuration Champ cars going to be part of a new DLC? Or do you get them if you bought the original Champ car DLC?
    Thanks

17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oval configurations cars are tied to the ovals themselves: when you select the oval then the appropriate version is automatically loaded. As such I believe the oval cars are only available if you have the oval tracks in your library (DLC).

18. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ahh, ok. So I already have the Champ cars, just need to get some ovals then when 1.4 comes out. Nice, thank you.

19. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

AFAIK you would have to live in the middle of the pacifc region, right?

20. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You *might* get the ovals in 1.4. They might be delayed again because of this indycar deal