1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Well I will have to see in 9 hours when I wake up again

2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh man! Dev update tonight, game update on Sunday, would'nt that just be the best! Im only speculating this cause did'nt we used to get a dev update on a Friday and a game update on a Sunday?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. R0CK3T

R0CK3T New Member

Anyone else having issues where "edit grid" is completely ignored. Just throwing random amounts of cars in mainly from the top two selected classes, when I have limited them to much lower values?

4. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here, but I find that only happens when you build a grid and then change track. The game doesn't like that for whatever reason.

5. k41zen

k41zen Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes same issue here. Also have issues with your grid position too. Seems to always throw you to the back of the grid no matter what option you choose.

6. Marg

Marg Active Member

Now there is a significant number of bugs after the update, if it takes at least a week for Reiza to sort it all out. Earlier, after updates, I never experienced obvious problems.

7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Remember the devs or on vacation and it could take longer than before, but I don’t want the devs to experience burnout

8. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Reiza packed a lot of changes into that last build, so—to be honest—it was no doubt an “All hands on deck!” work experience for its employees—if not a “Red alert!” grueling slog as deadline day approached.

Any person with an ounce of grace in their soul can find a corner of AMS2 to find Fahrvergnügen while Reiza employees get some well-deserved rest to stave off any desire to join the ranks of the quiet quitters.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It took me a while but I found, not exactly the 2017 regulations, but from 2015 and 2018 onwards, in none of those years did it state that class b could use slick tires, only radial tires, I don't think that in 2017 it will be different, if you want, I have the technical information here.

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Radial and slick can be the same tire. The question is whether "treaded" (grooves) versus slick is required or allowed? And, if they forced period-appropriate tires (which very few series have ever done), it could be bias ply versus modern radials (with or without grooved treads).

Like in the game GTL, you can simulate the old series, with period technology, or a current series using "old" cars with some modern updates. The Copa Classics are definitely the latter.

11. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The Classic b regulations allowed/allows only radial tires, that is, the "treaded" ones (grooves) that you mentioned

edit: The same type that is used in the Copa Fusca, you know?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ClickerSnapper

ClickerSnapper Car in the Avatar, Rimac Nevera.

Reiza, You are doing wonderful things with this sim, however small you may think this is, these small tweaks can help the playability of the sim. All udp for and a visual flags system. Please, how long is it going to take to fix the pit stop stutters? These are basic to a sim racer and should already be included/implemented. We need to know what is going on in the other sectors. Really should be an option to disable ghosting as well. When there is an accident around the corner ( car upside down for instance ) what is the challenge if the car is ghosted and you can drive right through it? These requests has been asked since some 4 years or so by many. What would be cool also is animated flagmen around the tracks. Thanks for you efforts.

• Agree Agree x 1