1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I read as Reiza is prioritising certain features, making them a reality and only then adding other features which are dependant of the first one. It is all about the foundation work required first. I don't think Renato was having a goal at anyone.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, there is just no point in oval racing when you have no cautions. Even in sim racing.

But also in road racing it can influence strategy and provide possibilities to regain an otherwise lost race.
    Without providing it to concentrate the field of cars again, there would be no possibility to regain the lead lap after a bigger incident without having a DNF for example. It also keeps the competition closer and so on.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly, I cant help but feel slightly diasappointed in Racin USA part 3. The car that will arrive, is ofcourse, fantastic and is a must have for me. But I was really hoping for also at least generic NASCAR type cars. A cup car equivalent, an xfinity car equivalent and a truck car equivalent. I would have thought this would be basic and easy to do. Also, I was counting on at least 3 ovals. It ia good that we get the fastest oval and a small oval, but I thought it would be a bullring, short oval, and a super speedway. Pocono appeared in my mind as a good candidate. We will have the Daytona oval finally, but to make a Daytona 500 the cars are missing.
    Also, there was a glimmer of hope for Indianapolis, but alas.

What is great to see that we will get the rovals. But knowing Reiza, it wouldnt be any other way.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Will the FFB thread finally get updated and a description of what each setting does in game get added with this update :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

More ovals would've been nice, only getting 2 (excluding Daytona since it was basically already done) is a shame but as an open wheel fan who never got into NASCAR I don't mind them taking the Indycar route
    Oh well, they've already said they plan on expanding the US roster more in Part 4 whenever that is, maybe your NASCAR dreams will get fulfilled then :whistle:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  6. ahpigsy

ahpigsy Member

With oval racing comes oval crashes. Wonder how the Madness engine is going to cope with the crash physics and visual damage? Also hoping the replay system gets some work to take advantage of some exciting oval action.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't forget there is "at least one exciting surprise" coming with the next update. Who knows what it could be? I feel like this was already more than expected for the 1.4 release and can't wait for everyone to get their hands on it. Especially for the Time Trial of the Week, should make for fun competitions between friends and result in more people playing AMS2 regularly.

But...I wouldn't turn down a Caper Monterey equivalent (anyone remember that car?):
    [​IMG]

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. CatAstrophe05

Oh no, only now do I realise how wrist breaking the FFB of slamming an F-USA G2/3 into the wall of Auto Club at 220 will be

9. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

:eek: ;)
    Will Power's wife has potential ..... (3:04)

• Funny Funny x 8
  10. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am assuming you mean in MP.

11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe but it read funny, like there was no USA content.

12. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Great car on Project Car but non present in PC2. I love it

13. CatAstrophe05

I mean, they already have the Chevrolet license, right? I can dream about a Lumina or even a Monte Carlo

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

They have license for certain individual Chevy cars but the most probably not for everything Chevy. But one can always dream.

15. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I’m the farthest from a fan boy but if you want MP racing, no one else does it any better. As far as pricing, how do you expect to get better improved product and continue a service with no money flow. Once a “title” runs out of its initial investors money, the $4-5 dollars for cars like most charge isn’t enough to keep up with the changes , especially this industry. If you’ve done other hobbies, like let’s say golf. You invest in the flubs and gear to get going. Then you pay for balls at the range, green fees etc. let’s not talk about owning a boat So $11 a month and there’s usually discounts. You don’t have to buy and have every track. Buy what you want to race. ‍♂️

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Im hoping this will be for overdriving, abusing the car, banging curbs, over reving the Eng, missing gears, etc. Most all sims have no penalty to the car itself for abuse, qual laps each and every lap
    Is arcade

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

don’t forget we need the 90’s Long Beach

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Chillblast

Chillblast Member AMS2 Club Member

Holding off until Le Mans? ;)

19. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

FTFY

Although seriously have fingers crossed these will be in one of the two Historic Track Packs or the USA Pt4.

But this ain't for wishlisting, so I'll just add how much I'm looking forward to racing the expanded GT4 and GT Open classes at the modern Long Beach and the two new rovals!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  20. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

ACC, AC, Raceroom, Low Fuel Motorsports and Sim Racing Systems would love to speak with you and if you have any time spare after them, RF2 wouldn’t mind a quick chat too please.

• Funny Funny x 1