1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you like the file and sure that I am / we are available to help you, just ask what leaves you in doubt !!
    To start after my file (if you have not done so), test the files as you find them on the front/first page and starting from the original by Karsten, then for the low end I suggest you to try Peter's files which also has a G920 and also and above that of Kuku (is for the T300) but is fine for all the low end wheels bases... go step by step and try them all (AdreiC, etc. etc.) ... in the end the base file is always the same and the tastes are personal.
    For the tuning go and change voice by voice and step by step ... until the new value is better, go further, as soon as the feeling gets worse go back and go to the next voice ... in this way you should do it better and without getting confused!!! :)
    Welcome!!! ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Manolo

Manolo Member

Thank you very much @Stakanov, I will do as advice. I just need a confirmation :(
    The other files I downloaded have all the voices mixed and in different sequence, while in your file the same voices are in different order and divided by category. If I understand correctly the files are identical only that you have ordered everything by category and by group but the rest of the functionality is identical to the other files right?
    If so it's much better :D... I know where to go even if I don't know what to change yet:p ... I'll study !!!;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stakanov

@Manolo you have understand perfectly ... if you feel better for now use my file for the experiments!!!
    Without wanting to get too confused, you will realize that if the order of the entries is not changed even by the compilers then it will not be convenient to keep this approach (even if more immediate in understanding), because the ffb files come out continuously even after a few days and, to go fast in the tests, we use the "notepad ++" program (together with the "compare" plugin) to compare them quickly ... you will understand by yourself that if the new file has a completely different order from the old, every time I would have to re-edit the file to make it comparable and then for us we say "experts" you would lose the comfort ...

I understand, however, that it would be very convenient for you but forget it for now go to the basics!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Nice work and good to see you again @Stakanov .
    I’m not far from settling on finale configurations for Delta V3.
    i’m not sure what will come first , V3 or Monza :whistle:.
    but in it i have replaced the complicated desmos relax with some customised earlier code so it works with 4.6 .
    Makes it much easier and feels intuitive .
    so watch this space .
    will probably be my final tune as the T300 is soon for replacement and i believe it will be perfectly fine for use on most wheels but might need your polish for g29 .

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Stakanov

Hi @Kuku Maddog i reciprocate the pleasure and I will be very available to carry out any test ... I'm very curious about this Delta V3!! ;)
    Good day to everyone!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Reiche

Reiche Member AMS2 Club Member

Uh, it’s pinned now! :hurrayreiza:

7. Manolo

Manolo Member

I start slowly to understand these files, that are fantastic even without additional tuning (I am not yet able to modify them harmoniously), compared to the default already the use of the custom ffb alone highlights their greater informativeness.
    I have tried the original file 4.6 by Karsten and the tuned files ones by AndreiC, Kuku, Peter and Stakanov ... all are superior to the default and each has its own different nuance. I must say that they improve the driving experience a lot by enriching them with sensations and greatly reducing the hated elastic effect of the default ffb.
    You are great guys. Thanks a lot! ;)

Only a few particularly swaying cars I can't balance and especially those that have manual clutch and H gearbox ... some advice??? o_O

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Using V 2. its very very good. Thx. But somehow i am missing any road / wheel feedback in fast corners. Its ok in slow corners. How can i improve? Thx

9. Kuku Maddog

Caution.
    Monza Historical oval has exposed something that’s a issue with the 4.6 configuration.
    On the banking, there’s a few scary jolts caused by the way the caster feel works and the apparent difference in wheel or rack angle on the high banking.
    It doesn’t occur in default or 4.4.
    This will need investigation…..
    @Karsten Hvidberg @Shadak @Panos Schoino

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

I noticed it varied a bit between cars. Group C seemed fine, but Formula Classic G3 was quite bad…

(This is with Kuku’s Delta X V2.1)

11. Kuku Maddog

yes seems worse with limited suspension travel . it’s dangerously bad with some cars. But also is making for quite a bit of clipping over the undulating bumps on the banking.
    anything 4.5 or lower is fine , as the steering feel comes more from the tyre or kinda feels like top of the suspension .
    4.6 is taking signals more directly from steering rack or geometry and as soon as caster info is added it freaks out.

12. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

Thanks @Kuku Maddog for your efforts.
    I tried your Delta X V2.1 with relaxos on my T300 with your suggested settings in the file.txt and in the T300 panel.
    Unfortunately, it's like driving on a cloud.
    I tried at Spielberg with P1 and F-Classic gen 3.
    There were no fine details of the asphalt.
    The standard AMS FFB is much better.

13. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you sure you were actually using his file? If you navigate to the telemetry HUD, was it showing the proper description "rFuktor 4.6 etc."? It if was showing "undefined" or some such, you were using the "default custom FFB" which is some weird template file that produces a bland and uninformative feeling.

14. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

Yep. The custom FFB is loaded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

I tried also the old FFB from NuScorpii that I currently use. And the fine details are also in that setting, like the default one.

16. Kuku Maddog

You don’t have to use my settings. They are just a guide. Also you are able to run the so called high end version of the tune, it’s less smooth.
    also since the last TM firmware update a few weeks ago I’ve had to crank up strength of settings a bit as my wheel felt a bit mushy.
    Also history tells me that not all t300s are created equally,
    For example, default feels like driving on flat spots for me. Just too rattling and pendulum swaying.
    Most also prefer V2 .
    2.1 was a bit of a experiment.
    V3 was going to be much tighter feeling , but can’t use now with above issues.

17. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

Thanks, Kuku.
    Yes, naturally I tried different settings. And I tried also other "rFuktor" published in a huge zip by @Karsten Hvidberg (I don't know what rFuktor means. I work a lot and usually I don't have time to spent to dive in these universes)... saying... I tried other rFuktor and the "cloud feeling" was the same.
    I'll try the V2.
    Thanks! :)

18. Kuku Maddog

Well everyones tunes based of the same core formula, so if they all feel the same , then fundamentally they just aren’t suitable for your taste or particular wheel unfortunately, but anyone who is happy with default should just stay with that .

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What are your setting in windows for your wheel?

20. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

Yes, also the V2 (for me, obviously) don't change.
    I swap in a test day in Spielberg with P1 car from V2 to AMS 2 Default, and the Default has much details in every single bump.
    "Your" bumps are more uniform and soft. The long descent after the turn one in Spielberg is like skiing, with barely graining details.
    Probably it's me or my wheel.
    Thanks again for your time.