1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I’m using your ‘test 1’ file and it is superb -thanks. I’ll try this one next weekend.

2. tk84

tk84 Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I've had this a couple of times, feedback completely cuts out so the wheel goes totally light and then comes back?

As you're posting in this thread I'm assuming you're on a custom FFB file? Which one?

I've had the ffb drop out a couple of times, but I've also had game crashes a couple too and I'm trying to figure out what the consistent factor is..

3. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Unlikely to be caused by a FFB file. Sounds more like the CPU getting overly busy, I have experienced this in the past but not recently.

4. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

Thanks for this ffb file. What simucube settings do you use with it, or do you have a profile for it in the paddock?

5. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Open the file in notepad and you can see the wheelbase settings used.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I totally disagree.
    AMS2 has the possibility to change FFB to our tastes. It's the only (currently with active development) game with that feature. If not to get "other feeling" (from original ones), why bother with custom files?
    If rF2 is what I feel better represents the forces/FFB of a real car, be it! (and that's an almost unanimous oppinion in sim racing community, even among ACC or iRacing community that once tried rF2 but don't like/race it for other reasons).

I too try to get some aspects of rF2 feeling to my custom FFB, but is a pity I don't know what variables/parameters are available to us to use in custom files - Reiza, step in, please, point us the direction.

7. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Because I don't like standard. That's why I do my own custom, that's why. From a very subjective personal taste, just like there are people who like the standard. Reiza offers this possibility, so use it. You are free to write your own file (following your rf2 example) at any time. But don't expect Reiza to provide an operating manual, that's impossible. The physics and the FFB is very complex and difficult to connect. If it were that easy to improve everything with a few controls, Reiza would have done it long ago. As I said, you can always write your own file

And by the way, I find Rf2 worse than Ams2 in the FFB, again my personal opinion and experience with Rf2, especially with strong bases

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
  8. Dosda Pierrick

Dosda Pierrick Active Member AMS2 Club Member

can anyone link me customs files for t300rs please i'm lost with those 346 pages :(

9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I would like the wiki to have a page which explains what everything does on custom ffb, but I don’t know a lot about custom ffb making so help is needed

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A fair amount of descriptions/comments follow each line of these Custom FFB files. So, you need to look inside them to find out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I've been exploring some of the data across multiple custom FFB files to start identifying patterns and developing some general principles to guide some kind of [potentially] useful methodology (similar, but arguably a smidge more ambitious, to what I already did with the Reiza profiles). Additionally, this particular thread contains a ton of useful insights and guidance that ought to be gathered, organized, and synthesized before the whole thing collapses under its own colossal weight. Various custom-FFB files are a bit like DNA from different (but closely-related) species: the majority of the information is pretty much the same, with some minor variations here and there, but you really need to have a well-developed understanding of the remaining, salient differences and how they express themselves.

After I figure it all out to my own satisfaction, perhaps one or two others might benefit from whatever comes of it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Dud

Dud New Member

I use a T300 wheel, I have modded the rFuktor 5.0.1.4 file by karsten to fit my own preference. Give it a try m8.

In AMS2
    I have the Force setting at 75
    Low Force Boost at 30-40
    Effects at 40-50
    Damper at 0

• Like Like x 2
  13. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you got a good usb connection?
    I had dropouts and it turned out to be my "high quality" 50cm usb extension. Bought a proper one and the issue hasn't returned.
    Just jinxed myself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Danielkart

Peter Stefani has already posted several "instructions" that can be very useful. You will also find descriptions for the individual values in most customs. But I can tell you from personal experience that this is not always true. The user can test individual values and change them according to personal taste. But there are values that change the whole file (each custom behaves differently) and then it is necessary to work with combinations. This then takes a lot of time and experience, otherwise a good file quickly becomes a bad file

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Good to know. Well then I might add a page on it in a few weeks

16. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Couldn't agree more with that statement. It's so easy to change one value, then have to change another to balance it out in another area then before you know it hours have gone by and very little to no progress has been made. I've never done that.
    (I have done that)
    Still fine tuning my final file, the ffb ramps up too much on tight turns even at slow speeds, think the vel rot scale needs raising a lot.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

you might need to lower brake_feel and or brake _weight .
    In lower speed tight corners the deceleration is part of the brake feel .

18. Danielkart

Again, it is the combination of various changes. I have already done this with my personal file. I will post all 3 customs tomorrow for all forces. I hope it will help you further for your personal file ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Well, "standard" is what AMS2 is. Everything else, is getting outside that sphere, most likely to get someting other game already does better (so we know is possible to achieve, in first place).

The advantage of custom FFB is to create a new flavour, taking the parameters the game already calculated.
    If I take an already existing file, I'll be very limited in what I can change (fundamental changes).
    The files derivated from "By Karsten with Shadak & Panos" don't use arm_force, M_max_force_at_rack or FL_angvel, but others do (like those derived from NuScorpii). How many are there waiting to be used?
    I don't need a manual, just a reference sheet. I'm an engineer, I like to waste time reading tables :).

And no, Reiza can be in the same position as you, like "it's ok as it is, this is AMS2, I don't want to mimic others".
    So... I need to.

20. Danielkart

It's always a matter of opinion whether someone prefers defaults or customs. Yes, that's the big difference between you and me. You are the theorist and I am the practitioner. A comparison: driving a nail into a board. I take the hammer and the nail and drive it into the board with my experience and the resources available. You calculate the angle and the force beforehand and calculate it in a table. Yes, your method is very accurate and would be the perfect process. But it's just the theory. It's the same with Customs. I take the resources and experience I have and mix it with my feel on the rig. Everyone can decide for themselves whether this is right or wrong and is very subjective and depends on personal taste. As I said, I'm the wrong man to give you tables ;) You need to contact Reiza directly or the people you think can help you