1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No I don't, give it a try.

2. ju gnot

ju gnot New Member

Hi All. here is my latest (and wonderfull) version of custom ffb for T818 users. Enjoy my friends.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

I came back to the Game today after over one year of absence yesterday. It is so very nice to have members like you who make it so much easier for me finding my way into the game again. Dialing in the ffb is such a hassle and your file and thorough explanation of the settings is really awesome! And it also feels great having tested a couple classes already.

I have one question tough, you recommend for DD1 50-60% FFB Str., would it lead to clipping if values like 70-75% are used or do you recommend not using that much force in general? I drove with 75% (Formula Ultimate Gen2) and checked for clipping with the display on the base and so far I think it did not occur.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hello Baron Bob!
    Yes, I generally recommend around 10-12Nm for stronger dd bases. This is very close to reality. It is also the case that very strong forces can override or swallow up the fine FFB details because you are constantly fighting with the wheel and the high power. But of course it's a simulation and you're usually a little out of your depth with your powers. I know the Fanatec dd1, which was my base before my Simucube2 and Moza R21. I also like to drive a little harder with the Formula cars and it won't change much in terms of clipping. The gain at the base is just your pure power and will practically not increase any effects or lead to more clipping. So you can rest assured that increasing your base strength won't bring you any major disadvantages, other than the higher forces you have to deal with

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. xNAPx

xNAPx Member

To be honest with you I just tried your base v5000 file and I must say it is not much difference between the original value of 0.6 and mine of 1.6, it is weird because with your previous files (v3000 and 4000) there was a massive difference, probably you improved this aspect with other values you changed and I didn't realize it, I gave it for granted that I needed to increase that value coming from version v3000 where I originally changed that value

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. AndysonofBob

AndysonofBob New Member

@Danielkart

Hey dude. Thanks for your amazing work.

Is there a setting or tweak to the customffb file that might stop the wheel oscillating? I find that if I take my hand of the wheel when driving down straights my wheel oscillates which is really immersive breaking. (What's even more immersion breaking is it does this even at a standstill!)

It's not just your file that does this, even the defaults do, though normal default is way less pronounced. I'm asking you because you clearly know what your doing.

I think the issue is largely with the game as ACC doesn't suffer from oscillations for me, AC does but is way more manageable.

I am using a Moza R12. To stop the wobbles via the Moza PitHouse software you have to adjust a ffb curve thingy. For default, (and AC) you only need a slight change but for Default+ and many custom files, you need to change it alot, which obviously has an impact. Lowering the effects setting also helps a bit too.

Any suggestions, gratefully received.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Danielkart

Good morning! There must be something else causing the swinging. I don't have any pendulum either on my Simucube 2 or on my Moza R21. This has always been very important to me with my files, commuting is an immersion breaker. If you have a oscillating wheel even when standing still, then there is something wrong with your in-game or base settings

8. AndysonofBob

AndysonofBob New Member

It's probably my PitHouse settings.
    Would you mind sharing yours?
    What do you think of the R21 compared to the SimuCube2? I'm thinking about getting the R21 because of the extra resolution compared to the R12.
    Thanks!

9. Danielkart

By the way, you can check these things so you can eliminate commuting
    1. Gain in play (too high causes swinging)
    2. FX in game (too high causes swinging)
    3. Damping in the game (better left at 0, higher causes swinging)
    4. Steering angle too low causes swinging (important in the base set to 900 or 1080 degrees)
    5. Steering angle adjustment in play (the higher set, the more swing may occur), but is not a problem if you set the base to 900 or 1080.
    6. Increasing vehicle specific FFB above 100% causes oscillation (in my files)
    7. How does your base process the signals?
    8. The wheel you are using (light, small wheels swing more) can be corrected with “Inertia” or “Damping” in the basic settings of the base

Hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Danielkart

The recommended “Pithouse” settings for the Moza R12 can also be found described in my file. The R21 from Moza is a very good basis with an 18-bit resolution. Very quick strength buildup and very good FFB. Compared to Simucube2 Pro, I would describe it as "more aggressive". This means that “out of the box” the FFB is more intense and harder. Simucube2, on the other hand, is a little softer and more fluid. The big advantage of Simucube 2 is the static force reduction and the "Mige Motor". But I love the Moza R21, a base that does almost everything right:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. AndysonofBob

AndysonofBob New Member

Thanks!
    I'll look into that mige motor and the static force reduction though I think I am locked into the Moza eco system now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AndysonofBob

AndysonofBob New Member

That's unbelievable helpful! Thanks for taking the time to write all that :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Now this may be explained already somewere in this thread (sorry if) but how can i find a suitable custom file for my T500RS? Thx

14. Danielkart

You are not the first with this question. I already posted this for someone and just copied it again for you;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Also try less LFB, if you're using it at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Yeah i think thats my biggest problem with AMS2 FFB / physics. 1.5 and up really changed things, we lost something and i think that was it.

Pre 1.5 i had that build up of forces and i could more easily predict my max grip level before going over the edge.
    Ever since 1.5 many cars just don't feel as connected like they used to.

I don't have access to the beta but i hope we can get that back.

17. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

I notice this pendulum effect when i set my steering rotation to low in the wheel software. I use at least 900 and calibrate the wheel in game after to let soft lock take over

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

Thank you very much for the extensive explanation. I like to have stronger forces especially with high-aero cars because in my imagination thees Drivers must work hard on that downforce and thees big tires and also because I like the workout. I usually drive in training clothes and getting drenched in sweat during my sessions.

I guess you have some deeper insights or first hand experience when it comes to the forces in real world cars so your feedback is very interesting for my. I only know how these karts feel that everybody can drive at small local indoor tracks if you know what I mean.

But these are already brutal on my hands and arms and the forces there are subjectively 50% stronger than the DD1. Of course the wheels on thees carts are also smaller than my Porscherim, but none the less...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm testing your file with a Moza r12 and I'm very happy with the result. I have put your recommended settings in the pit house and in the game. The understeer seemed too strong for my taste. My only modification has been the under_steer_scale line: (under_steer_scale 1.40). . I will continue testing but I am very happy with this file.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

My TS-PC didn't had thermal issues at all. I limited mine to 75% because it was the point of almost max force - the rest of the range was not linear at all (and maybe had a 5-10% power reserve to it). Of course, all of this numbers are just a perception, did not measure them (nobody does it, not even reviewers... and it's so simple to do that... :oops:)