1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I think you're reading too much into it. I think its a Rick and Morty reference. They probably don't even know about what happened In the UK.

• Like Like x 1
  2. KwaziPigInnit

KwaziPigInnit New Member

Yeah I realised that they meant something else later on.
    I just came on and the first post I read was that one.
    Reacted without going back and reading more of the thread. :oops:

I gave myself a slap on the Head ;)
    If anyone else would like to slap me, Feel free :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Connor daniels

Connor daniels New Member

Awesome, thank you!
    Is there a way to always find your latest versions quickly? I spent a while yesterday trawling through the forum to find v1000

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Richard appleyard

Richard appleyard AKA Neworder

Your Custom FFB File Collection

• Like Like x 1
  5. Connor daniels

Connor daniels New Member

6. blanes

blanes Member

I gotta say that after trying so many different custom FFB that this for my liking is the best as it feels so intuitive to what the car is doing and the response from the wheel feels most genuine. Thanks very much to JP and all the FFB creators. This one deserves its own thread because I found it quite by accident only few days ago and has transformed the driving for me. For reference I am using ScPro2 and have my wheel strength at 68% = 17nm in TrueDrive.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. 0ct0

0ct0 Member

Last edited: Aug 6, 2024
  8. Scootju

Scootju New Member

The V13 version is spectacular. My Moza R16 and I thank you very much.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Capt_Quarck

Capt_Quarck New Member

Hi, I'd like to be able to create my own custom files based on the default ffb. How do I do this? Because the default custom profile you have to start from scratch as I understand it.

What I would like to achieve is:
    1. Turn down ffb while stationary and engine vibration to zero. Because when I'm stationary, even with the engine off, my wheel goes nuts when I take my hands off..
    2. Massively decrease the flat spot effect

For everything else I'm perfectly fine with the default setup

10. WizL94

WizL94 New Member

Hello guys,
    quick question: Does anyone else experience a bug where the FFB seems to be extremely muted after pausing or restarting a race? I use an old Microsoft Sidewinder FFB wheel with an custom FFB file. The wheel works only when I configrue it as an "Legacy Wheel" in the controll settings. In 50% of races it works flawless but in the other 50% of cases the FFB is very weak (no vibration, even on curbs/grass). After pausing or restarting the race the FFB (sometimes) works again correctly - but it is annoying to restart a race multiple times until I can feel the motor vibration. Any ideas?

11. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's intended behaviour for FFB to ramp back up in those situations. If for example you paused, rotated the wheel and then unpaused, the wheel would whip back into last known position. This could do some real damage with high Nm wheels.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

Daniel, sorry if I have missed it, but have you released the V5000 file already?

13. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Yes, you can find it on page 420 in this thread;)

14. Danilo-cs

Danilo-cs Member

Friends, I made a configuration recommended by Artificial Intelligence to configure Force Feedback, but I don't think it turned out very well.

I have a Thrustmaster TS-XW steering wheel. Can you recommend me a good configuration?

Force 80

Amplifier 20

SFX 30

Shock Absorber (I don't know what this option is called in English) 50

Resistance 0

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

You didn't give any details about what you're doing.
    This is a thread about custom files, there are many of them and many ways to achieve their respective goals.

About AI... to get the correct answer, you have to put the correct question to the right entity :), or else you get a good answer to solve the wrong problem.
    Current AI systems have divided sapiens in two: one half knows nothing about it, the other half is wrong about it's capabilities ;).

Where do you get that info?

• Like Like x 1
  16. TargetRace

TargetRace New Member

Does anyone know if Stakanov's ATMOS file version 1.6 has been released? It's my favorite file but I haven't heard anything about its evolution.

In the meantime, intrigued by the opinions on JP's latest file 13, I went back to try his file again and I have to agree that this file also sounds very good and is very intuitive so I rate it very positively, compliments to the developer.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

IIRC he’s waiting on V1.6

• Like Like x 1
  18. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Yes, I managed to reduce this power when turning without experiencing any other disadvantages or anomalies. I have already adapted the latest file to the physics 1.6 of Formula Ultimate Gen2. And it shouldn't be long until 1.6 officially arrives for the remaining cars. I can already say that it is the most immersive and best experience I have ever had with a file of mine. There will be some surprises and I'm really looking forward to testing this file with all update 1.6 cars soon. Reiza, I'm waiting:)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. muzarati

muzarati Member

Would it be possible to create the engine vibration more at the top end of the rev range? I know all the files vary how they are written but all seem similar vibes around idle. I know there's generally a slow and fast setting, I like some feeling at idle (generally at start up) but would like a fine vibe building from quite high in the range to the peak.

• Like Like x 1