1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would love to see more DPIs, LMP2s, LMP3s and in the future LMH/LMDh (now called again GTP)...

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would actually like to see the 1990s, 2000s and 2010s F1 imitations fattened up to have more than one car per class, 3 or 4 would be good to get some differences between the cars with real life skins so they are not just all clones of the one base car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

multiple car wishes all around there. Not easy for Reiza to match the right content. All non-public-street-legal sports cars are welcome.

4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

To really have formula cars spanning their 70 years of history, I’d like to someday see a few “Formula Origins” cars spanning the 50’s and early 60’s.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Actually I’d like to see more tintops now, we have quite a lot openwheelers, spanning several eras. And I love them! But what about more historic content/tintops? Group 5, IMSA GTO, Porsche 917 and co?

• Agree Agree x 15
  6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That would probably also require older era tracks.

7. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

What is missing is hybrid lmp1s. Porsche 919, Audi R18 and Toyota TS050. This period of endurance is one of the best and above all the fastest prototypes in history. With hybrid management in AMS 2 to prepare for the future

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The most interesting era for endurance was rather 70's
    s to 90's, whan the main question was not how fast you could drive, but how to manage the car to last to cross the finish line 24 H later.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Or even the ETCR which I think has a very promising future for all electrics.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Everyone loves a period that's not the problem. The more variety the better. Me too I like cars from the 80s/90s but what sells for a developer are modern cars

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As much as I'd love to see old Zandvoort, Bremgarten, and 1960s Nordschleife -- I think we already have a reasonable amount of older era tracks to create a championship for 1950s-1960s F1 cars:

Accurate for 50s/60s F1: Monza, Silverstone, upcoming Spa
    Less accurate layouts: Azure, Brands Hatch, Watkins Glen, upcoming 1970s Nordschleife
    While not raced in F1, still from that time: Imola 1972, Oulton Park Classic, Road America, VIR, and more

12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

If Reiza added a F2/GP2 type of car to bridge the gap between F3 & F1s that would make the open-wheeler category pretty much complete imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. JAGLeMans

JAGLeMans Member

When it comes to modern era sportscars. I’d be inclined to focus on the new LMH/LMDH era. If they can add new cars in like the Toyota, Peugeot, Porsche, Glickenhaus etc. AMS2 would be ahead of the competition in bringing these new cars to sim racing. Plus, the same models will be used in both WEC & IMSA.

The Group A RS500 & R32 GT-R are two obvious additions. With those models, alongside the 190 Evo II & M3 Evo, we could recreate many of the major Group A touring car series from the era.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

much as I dislike posts like this one (mine) I'm no longer interested in any other content than old Spa. It was offered when I bought everything for this title to be released Nov 2020. It is now 15 months overdue. This track and the Group C and GT1 cars were the main attraction for me and why I bought this version in the first place. 15 months is long enough to wait, come on Reiza, imho you delayed this to satisfy all the screaming about US Karts and tracks which I don't remember being in the first DLC timelines. I've kept quiet and even told others to do the same and be patient, but mine has run out now 15 months later...

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

upload_2022-2-4_15-22-35.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah totally agree with you on that, i mentioned before that people that paid for a specific dlc pack should get what they paid for, a small delay is not a big issue, but i also have some of my viewers who bought the spa dlc especially for the historical track, unfortunately getting out stuff people paid for doesn't seem a priority, not only with the spa dlc, also racin usa part 2 still is not completed, and road america from that pack got a delay as well, i think they mentioned spa would come within the first quarter of 2022, but i highly doubt they will make that, since they already started the year with a delay.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

That may be true up to a point. With the way electric is coming on now, it won't be long before they become very commonplace, even in Sim-Racing. However, I believe there will be a point where there is significant backlash, followed by much greater appreciation of "Old School" technology and the combustion engine.

There is just no substitute for the fire-breathing, thundering, screaming exhausts of yesteryear. Anyone that has ever visited a racetrack with those beasts running, feeling the noise waves striking their bodies, every hair standing at attention, never forgets that glorious first experience.

Personally, the instant-torque characteristics of electric powered cars are very intriguing but, the noise (or lack of it) is not at all. Even now, when racecars are constrained by reduced noise output levels, they become less immersive and less exciting to watch & play.

Further development in the historic content direction could put a studio ahead of that curve and pay off down the road. Of course, it's all a gamble but, that's just business in general.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
  19. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Based on the last page or two, it's clear Reiza is on the right track with content. I really think the AI is going to make these historic classes shine this year.

Because let's face it ... they'll never get proper attention in MP. At least not without some incentive/push (like time trial of the week or hosted multiplayer). Leagues are different of course and I look forward to AC-originated leagues hosting AMS2 events. I'm confident it will happen this year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Obvs the TSI cup is now unbalanced with GTS versions of the virtus and polo now out-performing the regular versions, so why not move the regular versions to a new class with a road version of the mini?

• Agree Agree x 2