1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2021.

1. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the formula cars will shine the most in SP. Especially as the AI gets improved. Being able to make custom championships with names and personalities is a game-changer.

You watch a documentary, see a cool race and then go re-run it, weather and all. It's brilliant and is very quickly going to be without equal (I also don't think any other devs are persuing this). I honestly see this being hugely popular.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Member

Then you are on the right game bro :D

3. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Member

Of course this is not a bad thing, i don't want to be misunderstood. But after a while it will getting boring for who doesn't formula fan. Imagine that you will wait for months for new cars and most of them will come as formula cars. If you aren't a formula fan, it will be a disappointing for you. I love formula cars but it is boring even for me too. Because we have enough. Anyway, i hope it will be nice year for all of us :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

I trust all at Reiza had a wonderful Christmas, 2021 was outstanding and what a spectacular start for 2022!! I certainly had a great Christmas, my wife gifted me a 3070 GPU replacing my old card of several years, super excited to try it out when it arrives next week!
    Thanks again Reiza, looking forward to the next twelve months!

Oooh, can change my signature soon too!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I enjoy both SP and MP and look forward to all the new content coming this year. Reiza has good taste in cars and that shows in the classes we have so far.

MP lobbies and powerful open wheelers generally lead to chaos though. The MP numbers have been up since 1.3 and they will hopefully stay that way with steady increases as we get more content.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mrwolf425

mrwolf425 Member

The Detroit GP:whistle::hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
  7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I remember driving the Detroit circuit in the first Grid game back in the day and when I realised it was an actual F1 track I was blown away

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Still hope Marcas will come back in some way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can answer that...

Full Course Cautions are extremely important in any sort of long distance race, but its most important in oval racing. The main reason in real life is of course is debris, which is more likely to happen, more likely to be contained on the racing surface, and more likely to be hit at much higher speed than on a road course. In open cockpit cars it can be deadly, hits why Indycar uses the areo screen instead of the halo. Then there's also the question of debris flying up into the crowd.

Aside from the real life safety issues, its quite literally the element of luck that can make or break your race. Every single yellow flag shakes up the strategy, resets the field, and gives you as the driver an all important break from a 500 mile slugfest. Its also a perfect opportunity to make changes to your car that otherwise couldn't without loosing laps.

FCY's are what make oval racing more than just turning left for 3 hours. Its part of the larger chess game that is drafting, track position, crashes, restarts, and pit strategy. Its the single thing that brings all of those elements togeather, to make a cohesive motorsports package.

Also, its just fun. Coming back to the Green flag with 10 or so to go is the biggest adrenaline rush you can have as a race car driver.

I personally think Project cars 2 excluded it because they couldn't get the AI to behave on ovals. Indy turn 1 takes a 33 car field down to about 10 every single time, and then those damaged cars that are still running start laping 20-50 mph slower and the still competitive AI starts wrecking more cars. Texas wasn't as bad as long as you didn't run a race with a Pitstop required and Daytona probably worked the best since it was so wide and flat out. Here's hoping Reiza can solve this issue...

Although I do want Full Course Cautions for oval racing, I would much rather have inforced local yellow flags for road racing. When laps take 5-9 minutes under yellow, that can be freaking ridiculous and I understand that. I don't want to imagine the Nurburgring

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Bit late to the new year party but Happy new year you all and stay healthy and don’t forget to buckle up :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The real question is whether the in-game race director will allow lapped cars to overtake near the end of a safety car period ;)

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

My New Year Resolution is to seriously get into open-wheel racing. It's my least favourite style, but Reiza has so totally committed to it that it'd be madness not to become fully immersed. It's this sort of dedication that really impresses me about the Studio, (amongst so many other things). Let's see if I can reach my thousandth hour in an open cockpit...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Alex Couri

Alex Couri Member AMS2 Club Member

That's all I needed to know, thank you so much!

:hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

Any news on night time performance optimisations @Renato Simioni ?
    This would complete it for me and many other VR users who have to make significant changes to settings between races to ensure we can race in all conditions.

Thank you for the sheer fun you’ve brought to us all with this sim, incredible work which is greatly appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, would love to see some VR improvements too. Easy fix could be a patch for canted displays to avoid parallel projection like rFactor2 devs did. This gains a huge load of FPS for all VR headsets with canted displays! I already posted some hints and details for the devs long ago in another thread. Another step could be DLSS support and of course the usual optimisation passes for tracks which bring benefits for all users (VR and pancake)…
    I hope AMS2 will get even better in 2022! Best sim out there IMHO!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with the VR improvements. The game is getting better, every couple of months it seems to get smoother and more tolerant to large grids and changing conditions. Now its pretty much a track by track basis, with the newest tracks having the worst performance and then slowly getting better after a couple months of optimization.

That being said, I am playing on a laptop with a 1660ti, so I'm definitely on the lower end of VR hardware. Once I put a little money back, I plan on trying to snag a gaming PC as a more permanent racing rig.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mikael Pettersson

Mikael Pettersson New Member

I made an account just to be able to post my opinion on VR-optimization.
    I ONLY play this sim in VR and i cant play any nightraces at all since the fps just tanks over 60%.
    I would so much prefere this beeing fixed then some new content to be honest.

Thx for developing this sim into something great.
    Such hugh improvments over the last year.
    Good job Reiza!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I would be more satisfied if all the racing series before 2010 had at least 3-4 different contenders. We are far from that. There are too much classes with only 2 cars.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Personally I'd love to have an open-wheel car with V8 engine and no kers/drs, like a 2006-2008 F1 type of car. Having some sort of F2/GP2 type of car to bridge the gap between the F3 & F1s would be nice too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Id rather have a late 70s Indycar to bring some more variety.

• Agree Agree x 2