1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 26, 2022.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Chill it was irony

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Oh okay. Then it’s fine, sorry. :p

3. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope the team have had a very merry Chrsitams indeed! Thankyou for a great year of continuous developement and new features (some of which just don't exist in other sims), fantastic content and all you're hard work and ingenuity! I am looking forward to an amazing new year and I'm damn sure you will carry on amazing us with you're ground breaking features and quality refinements!

On the subject of refinement, I am over the moon to see the Further Game Developments section of the Dev update, infact its probably my favorite part of it! Don't get me wrong I'm very excited about the new content, but this is great because I'd rather have less content that is more refined, satifying and as perfect as can be, than loads of half baked content none of which satisfies (Although the way Reiza are working through it all we are getting loads of satisfying Content, its great!).

Very excited to try out the FFB refinements, Extremely pleased to hear about the road car all weather tires update as there do seem to slight oddities in the lateral slip at low speed on them as they stand now.

AMDM updates sound absoloutely awsome! Cannot wait to see this! I do have a question on this aswell.
    In the past when engine damage occured (Before AMDM was announced) You're engine would gradually loose top end and power as per pecentage of damage (If you had 10% damage you'd lose a bit of power. 80% damage and you'd be well down on power!). Now if you get engine damage your engine performs the same wether its 10% or 80%, until it blows at 100%. Will the more realistic engine damage be re-introduced? Along with that if you have a Turbo failure, you don't loose any boost, it just means the engine is gunna die soon if you don't fix it, will this become more specific?

Love the advancement in vehicle specific features shown by the Brabham fan car video, awesome detail, love it!

Really looking forward to the new content (Tracks & Cars) and the introduction of Nissan, hopefully we'll see more from this manufacturer. The Retro F1 cars sound like they are gunna be top shelf content by the sounds (see what I did there) of it, and from the years of work thats gone into them!

Love the Events presets, what a great idea, very useful! Could we get the ability to save A.I. skill and aggression presets for certain track/car combos aswell in the future, also V useful!).

Can't wait to hear the engine sounds on the new F1 cars! @Domagoj Lovric sounds like one heck of a guy! Sorry to hear about his health scare and here's to his speedy recovery!

Cheers to all of you! Bravo! May It be a wonderful new year!:)

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I keep coming back to those preview pics of the Brazilian cars...I'm practically drooling at the sight of them honestly :p

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Need some more tissues? :rolleyes::D

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. CatAstrophe05

Maybe... :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We're gonna need a lot more once they get released... honestly at this point just buy a new box every time you go to the supermarket due to how often Reiza adds these beautiful cars in the game

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Hello everyone. Found something weird when driving a F-Classic Gen3 Model2 car. Ride height seems pretty high. 60mm and 80mm for default. Bug or intentional? Other cars have lower front about 30-35mm and rear about 55-65mm. Can't remember exact numbers. And that exact car understeers like hell. Any thoughts? I did verification on game files. Gonna test again.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
  9. CatAstrophe05

Have you tried lowering the ride height to match the others? If so, has it improved the handling?

10. Racinglegend1234

Have you updated setups after v1.4? Maybe delete the setups folder

11. Janitormentor

You can't match other cars ride height. Lowest you can go is 55mm on front and rear 75mm.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
  12. Janitormentor

I deleted vehicle settings file and that didn't change anything. Hmm.

13. Racinglegend1234

Then the car might be based upon an older one with those issues

14. Janitormentor

Okay. Tested low downforce setting track. Ride height was correct in hockenheim 2001. 33mm front and rear 65mm. Tested interlagos and those settings were wrong again same as silvestone 2001 and 1991 versions. 60mm front and 80mm rear. Also bump stop value are zeros in default downforce settings. Low downforce settings was okay. So default downforce settings have bug or someone made a mistake somewhere. This car is F-Classic Gen3 Model2 V10 for clarification.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Racinglegend1234

Good to know for the next update

16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't bother too much with F-Classics for now. They might change for next update.

• Informative Informative x 9
  17. Racinglegend1234

All generations?

18. Wykster

Wykster New Member

Trying to purchase season pass on Steam but having some trouble. For some reason it has no price or option to purchase. Does anyone know why?

19. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah, just checked but it says N/A where the price should be, maybe its because of changes being made to the text, or because of an update coming in the next days, maybe @CrimsonEminence has some more info regarding this?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wykster

Wykster New Member

Good to know it's not only on my end, thank you. I'm hoping they make it available again before the sale ends.

• Agree Agree x 1