1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 26, 2022.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

That's definitely not normal.

If you run Screen Sync - Are you running driver override vSync instead of ingame VSync?

Are you capping your FPS?

Please post your PC specs in your signature if you may, helps with troubleshooting.

• Like Like x 1
  2. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

I am using in game vsync, and my FPS were capped at 60.
    Specs: Windows 10 64bit - AMD Ryzen 1500x - RAM Corsair 32Gb DDR4 - SSD 500gb WD Green - ASUS GTX1070 8GB

3. CrimsonEminence

Could you try without FPS cap for a test and how it behaves in the menus then?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

Thank you Sir!
    That was indeed the solution!!!

Still excited about next update :D

5. CrimsonEminence

Are you FPS capping by Nvidia driver?

Try instead

-fpscap xx

(xx is number of FPS)

as launch command for AMS2 (right click on AMS2 in steam library -> properties -> launch options -> set the launch command there)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

It was the default in my nvidia control panel. I changed it for AMS2 only now.
    I'll try this out. But I only use fps limiter to save power and gpu tempreature, since my monitor is only 60hz. Is it necessary to cap them if I'm suing vsync? (sorry if this deviates from the thread topic)

7. CrimsonEminence

Vsync will cause some minimal input lag, you have to see if it causes issues for you. Vsync is effectively not an FPS cap - "it makes the PC wait for your monitor to be ready to receive the next rendered image when it can send it". This prevents tearing in particular.

8. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

Okay, I tried capping at 60 from steam, but for some reason it keeps capping at 58 and that causes annoying stuttering.
    I'll just keep vsync on and fps uncapped, I doesn't really affect me and menus work well now. Thanks a lot for the help!

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

You can try Msi afterburner. I use it for capping FPS and it works really well.

10. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Frame capping is indeed best done with RTSS, part of MSI Afterburner.
    Game engine implemented frame cappers are way too inconsistent, sometimes going over the cap limit and with variations in frame times. RTSS always result in impeccable frame pacing, assuming you can reach the cap framerate at all times.

11. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

As @CrimsonEminence is pretty active here at the moment: Are there any plans to introduce a system so the AI does make significantly more mistakes in conditions that are notoriously difficult both for the player and real life drivers?

In real life, you always see a ton of cars going off track in dry-wet transition phases when cars are still on slicks (think Sochi 2021 F1), and when the rain gets to be too much and everyone starts to aquaplane (think Silverstone 2008 F1).

In AMS2, this of course happens to me too, because every corner can be a surprise. But the AI just drive on completely unscathed, not missing more turns than previously, which breaks immersion and makes these conditions very unfavourable to the player. Their aversion to mistakes also significantly reduces the chance of FCY in conditions like these.

Other conditions where I feel like the AI aren't making enough mistakes are on wet-dry transition phases when trying out slicks, because for the player (and in real life) these conditions are notorious for slight slip-ups that get you on the wet part of the track.

Is there a chance something will be done about this?

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
  12. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree, no matter how low you put their wet weather skills they dont do more mistakes than in the dry, another thing GP4 did very good, the AI would make much more mistakes on a wet track.

Also the wet weather skill value for the AI doesnt seem to activate until the track is very wet and seems to be very inconsistent, sometimes you see a marked difference in pace and sometimes it doesnt seem to do anything. I dont know how exactly the value "works". Does a driver with 1.0 wet skill but .50 race skill become a 1.0 race skill on the wet or are they just 100% consistent on their .50 race skill? Dunno of anybody knows.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

Adding to the above comments on AI mistakes, I have been testing the mistake related variables with custom AI. Whilst these do have an appreciable effect, the mistakes the AI make are always (so far as I have observed in many 1hr multi class races) on corner entry (past turn in point to be precise), apex and exit. I have never seen the AI miss a braking point, lock up or run wide. Would be great if the AI made mistakes at/during the braking phase too.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The mistakes they make on their own seem to be "scripted", they do them on the same corners and of the same nature, but I have seen them spin and crash, never lock up or miss a braking point though. Have also seen them crash with each other and that seems completly random.

I dont mind the mistakes being scripted, as they seem quite natural, but would like more variety. Still the way they are right now it's more immersive than any other sim I have played recently.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Injafaz

Injafaz New Member

What's happening with the late model IndyCar? RF2 looks to be stealing the march on this by releasing more USA tracks that these cars race on such as Long Beach.

16. STV_Robin

STV_Robin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you're asking about the modern Indycar that was teased in a Dev Update last year: It won't be coming since Reiza are not allowed to give that to us thanks to Motorsport Games and their exclusive license...

17. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Motorsport games robbed us of f-usa 2022, apart from those beta testers who still havn’t updated

18. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

would have been great :whistle:
    20220728005833_1.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this 100% certain? So not even a generic AndyCars can make it into the game?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They keep denying it, but I have a feeling lawyers were involved so they can't do anything not even a fake Indycar.