1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 26, 2022.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hate to add on wishes so soon after getting so many cars, but I would suggest a road legal porsche cayman or 911 to do battle with the camaro ss! (Maybe in future dlc)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

Maybe some of the car mods would help you in the meantime.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

WOW!

Competition cries in the corner now...

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When I read this, I remembered F1 pit speed limit used to be also 120 km/h.

I found this on the internet about pit speed limits:

Quote:
    They were originally introduced for the 1993 season during practice sessions only.

They were then made compulsory - along with the rule that pit crew must remain in the garage unless performing a stop - after the 1994 San Marino GP. During the restarted race, Michele Alboreto’s Minardi lost its right rear tyre exiting a stop, which bounced down the pit lane hitting the Lotus and Ferrari crews standing outside their garages and hospitalising two from each.

The speed limit was originally 80 kph during practice and 120 kph during a race, before being standardised at 100 kph for the 2004 season.

• Informative Informative x 4
  5. Allaeius

Allaeius Beginner AMS2 Club Member

Speedy recovery to @Domagoj Lovric. Words cannot describe how grateful I am to all the work that you have done for bringing us all the epic sounding cars when you probably don't have access to most of them. That takes a lot of skill and creative thinking.

To the rest of the team at Reiza, 2022 has been an amazing year. I'm absolutely stoked for what's coming in 2023, especially Supercars Pt 1 and Nissan. The game is shaping up to be what it's meant to be. The switch to Madness Engine definitely pushed the development back quite significantly but it's still very exciting to see all these updates as the years goes by.

Keep on keeping on!

• Friendly Friendly x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately no, controller support is still the same as it was since early access.

7. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope that the multiplayer tests on JustRace are going according to plan, and also that the invisible/flying car bug does get fixed in the coming update, as that is a gamebreaking and experience ruining bug, hoping for the best here.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hope that AMS2 can release the 992 Cup Car ASAP.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, there is a mod available which i think has been done rather well

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. timson72

timson72 New Member

Great stuff to come. With some focus being put on endurance racing next year,please add the option to save during the race

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

Wowee! All this extra content will meld well with existing content (Formula classic, Gtoup C) etc. Absolutely loved the MP4 5. Probably the best sounding F1 car in my opinion (89/90 McLaren and later the 91 Tyrrell).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm hoping Reiza or some modders can also add the additional missing DPi cars. They may not be racing anymore, but the Cadillac deserves its other running mates.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni First off - sorry for pinging you! I don't make a habit of this because I know you're a very busy man. :) But I felt like providing a few heartfelt words of support, it's the least I can do after you and everyone else at the team as well as the testers have been working your butts off - and got a fair amount of criticism, particularly for things that pretty much aren't in your hands anyway.

While I have never worked as a software developer in a professional capacity, I do have some experience as a modder, both working solo as well as being lead developer of projects. And also being in charge of communications/PR I know that no one is going to be more frustrated about a missed (self-imposed!) deadline than you yourself.

What most consumers fail to understand (this isn't limited to software or games development, by the way), is how it can seem that you are right on track with development with plenty of time to spare before a deadline - only to have everything break down right before the scheduled release. Suddenly you have dozens of new issues (or old ones that were never noticed before), some of which are absolutely crucial to fix before release. You keep on hoping that most issues will have a quick and easy fix, so instead of wasting even more time (and energy) formulating a response to the public you decide to hunker down and work on fixing these damn bugs instead (so you can get that update out ASAP)!

This is immensely frustrating in its own right, of course - but due to a lack of insight into these processes, many customers feel as if they have been lied to, venting their anger at you, the developer, who is more often than not a victim of 'bad luck' rather than mismanagement and bad planning.

The same basically goes for licensing issues such as the Indy debacle. I won't lie, of course I am disappointed because I was really looking forward to trying the F-USA 2022 (or the licensed version of it); but sadly this is a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" especially concerning the Racin' USA Part 3 DLC; if you don't add some kind of substitute content to raise its perceived value, users will moan about being ripped off. And if you do add something like, say, a generic Formula Stock 2022 or Retro or something, you'll not only have a whole lot of extra work on your hands but also a lot of complaints about people getting something other than they wanted.

So please accepts these words of heartfelt gratitude from someone who deeply appreciates what you guys at Reiza are doing. Even though I'm probably not as vocal about it, I know keep beating the dead horse of "THE AI IS ATROCIOUS, QUICK FIX PLZ!" like some others do - but I swear it's only because AMS2 has pretty much ruined all other racing sims for me thanks to the massive amount of improvements it has seen over the course of its existence. Keep doing what you're doing - and most importantly, I am wishing for a speedy and full recovery of our resident audio hero @Domagoj Lovric!

As for the content: Great stuff! My only gripe is that my wallet is seriously going to hurt... I have yet to purchase Racin' USA Part 3 (money is especially tight these days, and I wasn't fully sold after racing the AI on these ovals the last time I tried it), so it looks as if I am going to have to skip a few meals. ;)

Oh, and before I forget: A belated Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone reading this! :D

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Like Like x 7
  14. donaldd

donaldd BANNED BANNED

Really looking forward to this one - Renato ;)
    If it drives and sounds like the AC version then the only reason I does start AC up has disappeared :D
    Or maybe not. :eek:
    Because in AC I can still drive this car on LeMans - so until Reiza does launch this track I think Ill keep AC on my HD:p

AC L98T.jpg

But I admit Reizas version are at least looking promissing :D

1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Impressive, Reiza is getting better and better at AMS2, and I have no doubt that the best is yet to come. I hope that the possibility of creating mods is not only focused on adding cars, but that you can add circuits and modify the billboards.

Right now what I miss the most is the entry of brands such as Ferrari or Audi, as well as filling in the existing categories with more cars, but I guess the licenses will be very expensive. As for Aston Martin, I hope it arrives soon, I have been waiting for more than a year since the capture that was shown in the forum.

Reiza, I wish you a successful 2023, you deserve it!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Some nice additions on the way. Consider all DLC bought when released. So we can expect a game update over the next few days too, or did I mis-read that bit. It looks like some great work all around from the team. Top work!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm just hoping for a unlimited option for vintage racing...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich New Member

Bravo, Bravo. This is an amazing dev update.

19. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider New Member

Great stuff, especially multiplayer and career mode, which should be priorities #1 & #2

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

While there is so much to gush over that it's impossible to write a forum post handling it all (you guys are stark raving mad with all that content!) this part just summarizes my thoughts perfectly. Racing historic cars at the tracks they actually raced at, in the state they actually raced them, is so, so, so much better than just driving around the modern asphalt lakes.

The tracks are three excellent choices. I can totally see 1983 Bathurst working well with most F-Vintage and F-Retro cars, too, and of course with all the historic Stock Cars. And Jerez and Estoril really need no introduction, especially having the original Estoril, not yet scarred by all the (imo negative) changes to come is a big thing for me.

I hope there will be several more parts to this DLC - Kansai, Interlagos and Kyalami are asking for a 88 version, too, for example :D

The Brazilian Racing Legends pack is another huge thing for a historic F1 fan like me; and 15 Euros for 6 actual F1 cars feels like a very fair price. I bet that this pack is quite emotional for you guys, too, and I'm really happy for you as a Brazilian studio to be finally able to represent some of the biggest legends of your country in a satisfactory way.

Looking forward to testing the AI improvements, too...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1