1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

Brabham BT62 seems to be one of that cars, that do look so great in different clothes :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 11
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

We need the last Australian car brand in the sim

3. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I want it all!!! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

Agreed, but not all are the same

5. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this out already for season pass holders?

6. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No

7. Racinglegend1234

The RC is not out yet. The latest RC was out two days after dev update, but the one before that was out 11 days after.
    We just have to wait patiently and be quiet. Even if it is not released on its “Release date”

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I wouldn't care about any release date. Reiza delivers and that matters. I had just problem with blog info. Content is amazing from them and I don't care when. But that's since I bought everything at the start. They will bring it one day and currently it's probably the most complex sim at the market yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Maiki0767

Maiki0767 New Member

Hopefully the option to save the race at any time will be added soon to be able to run endurance races / championships without dying trying.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Racinglegend1234

Wait until 2023 rolls around and your wish might be granted

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Nobody from the development team has ever acknowledged the issues with built-in filters or lack of controller vibration even though it has been reported many times by many players both in the main forum and in the beta forum since the early access days. The few responses I got were either empty vague promises about improved controller support coming at some point or people telling me to move on and go play something else.

I don't think it's something impossible to implement, if it was impossible they would have said so and edited their post and removed their promise about improved controller support. Also there's a number of games that allow users to adjust or disable the controller filters and have responsive controls including previous games by Reiza (AMS1, GSCE, rF1, rF2, GTR2, Race 07, R3E, AC, ACC, F1 2012/2013), and some of those games have good controller vibration that's helpful for knowing when the car is losing traction (AMS1, ACC, R3E). In the case of F1 2012/2013 the default controller setting has built-in filters but there's an option called "steering wheel override" that gets rid of the filters and treats controller like a wheel and feels very responsive, maybe that's something Reiza could implement in AMS2.
    As far as I know every single person in the Reiza development team is a wheel player, there's nobody in the development team that doesn't have a wheel and plays only with controller, so maybe that's why fulfilling their promise to make controller support as good as it was in AMS1 isn't a priority for them and they don't respond to questions about controller support nor do they acknowledge the issues with controller support.

Iirc it has been mentioned before that things such as rewind and mid-race saves are not possible because of the way LiveTrack works.

• Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the update.
    Two things shocked me the most, the news of @Domagoj Lovric 's heath issues, I'm sorry to hear about this and apologies for always asking for fixes before they are ready, get well soon mate, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Then 83 Bathurst, does this mean....please, please, please that we will get the old XE and friends to match this era track.

Amazing update as always and i hope you all had a great Christmas and have an amazing New Year. Bring on 2023 and piss of CoViD!

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

$10 a month is like maybe two Starbucks and most in here but 1 a day lol

Hallelujah someone who has agreed lol People hate on racing for the yearly monthly subscription but initial investments only go so far. Not like I’d expect $100 per person but it does take money, that money can add more quality people to the staff. 97% of the time you get what you pay for.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
  14. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

By allowing less than 14 degrees steering lock on all cars, activating steering sensitivity on digital devices and providing different sliders for opposite lock and return to centre like on Kunos games and we will be 90% there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Those are all good options. It's kind of odd AMS2 doesn't allow less than 14 degrees of steering lock while many other games do, I know lower steering lock values work better for certain driving styles.
    For me normally I use 15 degrees of steering lock and 300 degrees of steering wheel range in other games I play. In AMS2 after a lot of testing I'm currently using my Xbox 360 controller setup as custom wheel with 480 degrees of steering wheel range and 24 degrees of steering lock in car setup. It still isn't as good as AMS1 but it feels more responsive and works better for my driving style.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Don’t know if anyone can clarify but as I read it Reiza mentioned 9 cars (3x supercars/hypercars and 6x historic open wheelers) and 3 historic tracks. I count 12 if you include the 3x Nissans, however it says Nissans will arrive in next update and doesn’t say this update????

I’m slightly confused lol, anyone any thoughts?

Regards

17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

3xNissan will arrive in this update as free cars.
    6xPiquet/Senna F1 cars are DLC (Brazilian Legends)
    3xSuper/Hypercar are DLC

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is just a dev update, no game content has been officially released. So expect the Nissans to come the next time there is an AMS 2 update on steam

19. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

The season pass is great but it's production was much too chaotic and content is heading to be well over a year late based on Reiza's estimates at the time. It has been too much of a PR nightmare to have paid content miss their advertised release window by this much and it's understandable Reiza doesn't want to do it again. We will most probably still have DLC packs for DLCs in parts though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. TAdams65

TAdams65 Member AMS2 Club Member

As the owner of a real 2021 C8, I will be interested in driving this, I can't afford the Z06, so virtual will have to do.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1