1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 24, 2023.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Sunbro, have you just recently started playing AMS2? Or you split your time between that and rF2? AMS2 has come a long way now and has much more exciting things to come in the future too

2. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

Oh i've been following reiza since ams1 days. Actually, not gonna lie it's the car pack that attracted me to it. Up until 1.4, i wasn't happy with the overall physics and ffb but starting with 1.4, it's finally where i want it to be. BUT you know how much rf2 grew in the meantime... also rss and vrc have been putting out killer content for ac so that's where my time has been going.

But this lmdh car pack put ams2 back in my radar BIG TIME. I guess you remember my IMMENSE love for all things prototype? :)

I've been driving gt1, group c and dpi while waiting and i gotta say i like what i'm feeling so far. Which only makes this wait harder lol

Mclaren longtail at long beach... mmmm chef's kiss

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not enough hours in a day then to race all three, lol.
    I haven't kept up to date with the AC mods for a few years now but I do remember those two modding teams doing such high quality stuff.
    All those classes you mentioned in AMS2 are excellent. Reiza is really doing a good job of developing this sim into something special, still a way to go to get to the end goal though but bit by bit it is getting there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

I start to thing that no DLC will be released this year but we have to wait 2024. Many people on social media was waiting for the 27th (i don't know from where they got this date) but is already 28th and weekend is coming where i don't think they are working on. So sadly we have to wait longer :(:(

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Reiza have released updates during the weekend

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Probably building to the weekend like the last release. I don't think Reiza would have released the dev blog and said this year otherwise, I know I wasn't expecting it before that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

Actually, ***ALMOST ALL*** of them were on saturdays sadly... I noticed that last night. Go check forum posts if you don't believe me. There are a few tuesdays and fridays but almost all saturdays... sigh.

8. Racinglegend1234

Well as you’ve seen on SteamDB, we beta testers haven’t gotten an update since Sunday so we should be getting one soon

9. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

There was an article on Race Department that initially said the 27th, at some point they edited it apparantly.
    I guess it'll be the weekend then, and they have released stuff on new years...(GT1 IIRC)

10. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Sim Racing Life AMS2 Club Member

We all got the 27th from the Race Department article. However RD has since edited/removed that statement, without apology or any admittance of their error.

11. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

To be fair, post-Overtake acquisition RD and good journalism are hardly two things I'd put together personally

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Knowing Reiza that'll work right up until 23:59 on new year's eve just to push the button to release, they're probably the most hardcore dev team I know.

• Agree Agree x 9
  13. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Remember the Steam rules about not launching new DLC at the weekend? That means whatever happens has to happen by tomorrow afternoon, unless it is some sort of RC build only.

14. Racinglegend1234

Or trial period for the dlc like last time

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Still a lot of time guys...:oops::whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. lion9zion

lion9zion Member

I spent 754.5 hours in AMS2 in the last years, but man, it's still so exciting to be on this journey with all the hype before each update. Not so long ago, we got the historic Nordschleife with Spa and many others, and now another jewel of motorsport history is waiting, all in top level quality. I am living in good times, thanks Reiza.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Sim Racing Life AMS2 Club Member

They have most defiantly lost their way in the last year. So many articles getting published with false information, not to mention articles that serve no purpose other than to fill a space.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Shark

Shark New Member

Right on! I wish all devs poured passion into their projects like the Reiza team. You can see and feel it in the type of content and details. Sometimes it's a hit, sometimes it's a bit of a miss, but it's always pure passion. Always ready to throw money at AMS2 DLCs and do my part to keep this thing thriving! Very curious and excited to see Reiza's take on modern Hypercars. Should be interesting to see how they handle hybrid power delivery...should be loads of fun throwing those things around any of the amazing tracks, let alone Le Mans!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Adam.K.68

Adam.K.68 New Member

Waiting.....impatiently

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Racinglegend1234

Same

• Like Like x 1