1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 24, 2023.

1. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

AI driver swaps? :eek: Wonder if this could potentially lead to a more on the fly hotkey solution like GTR2 (and i think rF1 and AMS1, don't quote me on that) had

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

to those in Beta - how many skins do the cars have?

3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Don’t know if we’re allowed to say

4. AlexBfromG

i guess the big bombs have been dropped - just typed random numbers so i can have a idea what skins to make :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

Great news ! :hurrayreiza:

Will Gen1 GT3 also get the new cars brands addon to their class or it was only meant for Gen2 and GTE ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

The current beta is listed under Reiza’s “notformedia” condition … all I can say is I’ll inevitably release NAMeS files for the two new classes when permitted. Feel free to borrow the livery names from those, if you like.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

Definitely exceeded my expectations there - I do miss pretending to do WEC so this really hits the mark :)

Thank you !

• Like Like x 4
  8. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The LMDhs look awesome and it is exciting we get three to start with more to come later. Looking forward to the added endurance content for 2024. Hoping DPi can get a running mate or two added with the addition of LMP2 it could be a great way to recreate IMSA races from a few years ago. I'm also excited to see what endurance features are added down the road. Hopefully mid race saves can become a thing :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

THANK YOU!!! BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!
    I can't express how much I love your dedication and work on AMS2. You're passion and vision is wonderful. What a great dev update. So excited. Especially at a time when those of us with next to no family left, don't have very eventful Christmases. There are no more presents or dinners at Grandma's house. And that's OK, life happens.
    But this is so very uplifting. Merry Christmas to you Renato and your whole team who bring this joy to us. May 2024 be even more successful to you all. I know it will be,[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 20
    • Like Like x 4
  10. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Going on no more information than the eclectic mix of drivers Reiza selected when putting together their list of quasi-fictional Gen 1 GT3 drivers (a mix of Imperio Endurance, IMSA, European GT3), I think you can create any mix of GT3 skins from virtually any international GT3 series where the 992 and EVOs have raced. Anyone who glances at driver lineups in GT3 will immediately notice a lot of overlap between drivers and series—just make sure to focus on EVO and 992 drivers as opposed to earlier variants of these models.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
  11. Djurre Vandieleghem

Djurre Vandieleghem New Member

Although those are great prices, I am pretty disappointed that there isn’t any new content for those who don’t want/can’t buy the new dlc’s. Already for 2 updates

• Dislike Dislike x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. John Cobb

John Cobb Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Beezer215
    You're comment struck a chord with me regarding family...My Father passed away last month and this is my first Christmas alone. I feel your pain brother.
    Also I would just like to echo you're sentiments. Thank you REIZA development team on behalf of all the Sim Community for the unwavering relentless tenacity in pursuit of perfection.
    Absolutely loving the latest Beta release it's amazing :)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 18
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Huh?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

Hope we will also get at some point Gen2 Porsche Cup with 992

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  15. AlexBfromG

yeah i mean there was alot of nice free content all the time, but not sure what they could have offered for free right now. But with only 9 Euros, you have to find some way to get the DLC and enhance your game by alot

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Marquise Schumacher

Marquise Schumacher Member AMS2 Club Member

LETS GOO!!! I am in L❤️ve with GTE.. endurance racing is my all-time favorite motorsport..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Do you expect free new content? So you want new content but don't want to buy it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

"One common complaint we got from users regarded the lack of performance options for night time racing -we have addressed this shortcoming by adding the option for user to configure the maximum number of visible vehicles, as upon investigation that proved to be the main performance draw during the night as each car model would be hit with various light sources from track as well as opponent´s headlights."

Really nice! Sparks are more VR friendly now too?

19. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

wonderful Reiza. This team is really one with lots of passion and it shows. The team also keeps pushing which is great.
    Foremost I want to wish the whole team and family a great Christmas and a superb New Year and also one that is safe in this crazy world.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Marquise Schumacher

Marquise Schumacher Member AMS2 Club Member

Please 2005 Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 alongside Corvette C5R GTS.. Look at the beautiful job team RSR did on the DBR9 for AC. Aston Martin vs Corvette is the Greatest dual in GTE history.. Please Bring the Ford GTLM 2016 back as well..

• Agree Agree x 5