1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 24, 2023.

1. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

Members have started to fight with each other... the update must be close! :)

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

All i can say is it's not even a fight. Some of my absolutely favorite cars in AC and RF2 base/dlc content are modelled by a certain modding team and not in house by kunos/s397.

Just like some amazing cars are being modelled right now by contractors. Exciting times ahead for simracing on all fronts but right now, spotlight is on AMS2 as it should be. The second sim to have lmdh content officially. And considering iracing, i'd say first sim for many.

3. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

I just want to race trucks around Le Mans:(

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

trucks like these?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

I think the M8 GTE had something from URD in it. But i dont even know what the Problem here is? 3d Models are there to be bought and if a developer pays properly for it then what is the issue?

We live in the age of the internet where a Guy from Malaysia can create a model for a car and a guy from Norway adds his physics to it and it ends up in a Game from Brazil.

6. _ShadowWolfe

_ShadowWolfe Member

You're just going to continue to make these false claims after a literal staff member says this to your response???

Not sure why this would matter so much though and why you keep trying to say otherwise. If the car is developed in-house, then it's developed in-house.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

The truth is that it wouldn't be a bad idea, I wonder when they will put these beasts in AMS2

• Like Like x 2
  8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, i hope they will be in adrenaline pack part 2....

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

Thank you! Finally someone who's familiar with the background of racing games

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. DinoM

DinoM Member

I'm just guessing, but couldn't the misunderstanding be caused by the fact that former outsiders now belong to the Reiza team?

11. Renato Franco

Renato Franco New Member

Cheese time today?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

You are correct, but it's not what people are arguing about. CrimsonEminence who who works for and represents Reiza disputed the claim that these models are outsourced, Reiza has acknowledged using assets from outside sources in the past so it's hard to believe that would have changed now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

The problem is that the models are modeled in-house and he says otherwise. Also many times developers outsource or buy things because it is cheaper in the end because they are made in countries with questionable practices to paying workers decently.
    Also the problem is that he just assumes that Reiza is not modeling those cars themselves which in this day and age can easily spread through the internet.
    I also think in this day and age of AI and also cheap labor we should be thankful we still have artists and developers doing it the way of Reiza.
    Not that I am saying that there aren't places where you can buy models which are not connected to cheap labor but you just don't say things you don't have knowledge of like in his case.
    He is also doing high and mighty by pretending to know how things are and others aren't.
    Such things always trigger me.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

I was hoping for a public release tonight but doesn't look like it sadly. Can't really wait, I'm already planning a super-season with IMSA and WEC tracks that are available in the game :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  15. Roy Niessink

Well, they had a beta testrace scheduled earlier today, but seemingly ran into issues, as the results only show some times from practice and not qually and race, and that one seems to be rescheduled to run little over an hour from now.

So no release before that for sure

FYI this has nothing to do with "notformedia" just publicly available info on JustRace

16. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Tonight? It’s morning where I am, you must be in the upside down part of the World.

17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Like already mentioned, the car models in development right now are in-house made. It's time to stop spreading false information. :)

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Yeah, I looked up on JR and it should be in about 50 mins. I guess no public releases will happen tonight.

Well, it's all relative, I can say you're in the upside down part of the world :D:D

19. Roy Niessink

Well, they have released updates fairly late european time, like 11 pm or later before, but i would think tomorrow, if it will be today then thats a nice surprise

20. MrM4sl0

MrM4sl0 New Member

My release time guess is tomorrow between 13-16UTC upload_2023-12-29_19-15-7.png

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3