1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 24, 2023.

1. Zolazem

Zolazem Member AMS2 Club Member

It will be released on a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

So Reiza should give no information anymore. Let's see if people will like that. And why should the employees pay for this? It is just a normal process of developing and updating games.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Nearly finished the bottle of Admiral J Persian lime and vanilla I got for Christmas.
    It’s sublime

• Like Like x 2
  4. Split Second

Or in between :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Whoa! I am late to all the discussion about the WEC BOP, shame, as a Toyota fan I had a few words, but alas tis too late! :D:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. KingJareth

KingJareth New Member

Any dialogue between the users and the Devs is good dialogue IMO. We as users have to understand things change though and not be arseholes about it.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

I come from rF2, that's my favourite sim (I hope I don't get killed here hehe), and to this day it's really annoying to read about how difficult is to set up rFactor 2 (which I don't even think it's entirely true, I've set it up successfully the first time with the old ass UI everybody claimed was unintuitive) and then praise AC. Maybe most people forgot how bad was AC in terms of user experience before content manager came. Always hated that UI, messing with filters while browsing the servers was a pain in the ass and in general to me always looked like more of a tech demo than a finished game. Can't have rolling starts, can't have night races without mods, can't have weather without mods, can't have a decent AI without mods (and even with AI it's subpar).

Almost poured 250h in that game mostly due to league racing. When I started simracing 5 or 6 years ago I was all over the place racing everywhere, then I calmed down :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Jose Zanolini

Jose Zanolini New Member

Well, let me express my humble opinion on the subject here: I have been working in software project management (currently PO) for 15 years. And if there's one thing I've learned about estimates, it's that they change.
    That said, I also learned that past experience is an excellent basis for new estimates. I understand the frustration of some here, not because of this particular delay, but because of the fact that every time something has been announced, there have been delays, and that Reiza doesn't seem to be learning from past situations.
    What I would do? I would announce the release of the DLC/Update for the first half of January, and take everyone by surprise by releasing it BEFORE the end of the year, if the development team finished it in time. This would put my company in a position to, in addition to producing wonderful content, also with efficiency and total control of the process.

In the end, making feature announcements is less about launching and more about managing the expectations of the eager people on duty.

But that's just my opinion, and it was only issued because I've experienced many similar situations myself. Until I learn.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

May I suggest an alternative racing experience during the wait for Lemans?
    No special equipment nor location required! :D

th.jpg

• Funny Funny x 11
  10. Calypso Dawson-Tobich

Calypso Dawson-Tobich New Member

You should give information, but in this situation especially given the time of year, but any really, it should have been said to release say by the end of the first week of the new year (or any over estimated time period) and if it hit before the end of the year, you get nothing but praises and everyone’s happy. A win all round.

This is more exaggerated as a lot of people probably have at least a couple days off and have been looking forward to it on said days.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

This man also speak the truth. I know you by the way on the rF2's Discord.
    RF2 is also my favorite sim. But AMS2 is quite a blast. Especially in single player.

12. Calypso Dawson-Tobich

Calypso Dawson-Tobich New Member

Completely agree.

13. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

I've been rediscovering AMS2 with the last update which improved AI. For a F1 fan it's the go to sim for any offline experience, they got you covered with every era. And in general it has so much variety that there is really something to like for everyone whether it's something mainstream like GT cars or Formula or something a lot more obscure like brazilian series

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

Back on 2021, I was so upset about AMS2. I was afraid that this game will be only a Pcars 2 with Brazilian licences.

Then after 2 years ... For me AMS2 is almost as good than rF2. And this game a the potential for much more. Like a Iracing "offline" if I may.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I am hungry

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 10
  16. Split Second

That doesn't work. Because things can go wrong at every link in the chain at every time. You can only do that if the content is ready to send out already when you give the date (and even then things can go wrong). They are always estimates otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

I'll be happy with a shaky RC to play with before I get drunk tomorrow!
    TT I also saw it, I wanted to drive at Le Mans right away

p l y p R

• Like Like x 1
  18. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

I'm not disagreeing with you, perhaps it's easier for me to swallow the delays as I can see a lot more what's going on in the beta threads.

The semantics still stand: it was a plan, an internal aim, not the guaranteed commitment to meet the deadline. Which is why I'm not understanding why people get so disappointed.

And beta was running smoothly and on track a few days ago when the plan was announced.

I think people should chill a little and appreciate the hard work the team is putting together rather than misinterpreting the dev update words.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

A RC tomorrow is still quite possible I think. If the instability is "on control" I will not object to take my 992 GT3 R on Le Mans naked and not well awake.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

LOL! ...and maybe not as sober as usual.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1