1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 24, 2023.

1. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Not a spelling mistake. It was meant to be written that way. It's a new word combining "next" and "sex", because NEXT YEAR IS GONNA BE SEXY, BABY!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

For those of us that are older and don't have any family or children to spend holidays with, little gift like this are very welcome. Can't wait to get on LeMans and drive the new cars.

I would like to make a request regarding AI. They need to be more aware they are being lapped. Many times I've had a lapped car look like it's about to get out of the way but then come over on my line to try and block me.

• Friendly Friendly x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Renan G Flores

We're almost there, guys! Just one week to go!

By the way, what's the word for "cheese" in Italian?

cheese_france.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Formaggio :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I think he played for the New York Yankees :p

• Funny Funny x 9
  6. Renan G Flores

No mention about improvements for lapped AI. Please, tell me you guys have improved AI behaviour under blue flag. It's annoying how lapped cars fight you for position sometimes, despite you both being on different classes (e.g.: P1 x GTE). Correcting this behaviour would be a HUGE improvement for us who enjoy >1 hour multiclass racing against bots.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Its called Gentleman drivers, nothing wrong with the AI

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Renan G Flores

Thank you. I'll be working on the Italian stereotype for our "Elmo praising cheese" meme. I'll be sure to include spaghetti (whole, not broken, of course), ragù alla bolognese and, of course, lots and lots of parmigiano reggiano FORMAGGIO!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

My God such great news !!!
    The LED panel for flags is for me a HUGE deal . We need to "activate" the flags rules in solo play like it is in mp mode. So huge Kudos for that.

Latin cars .... i smell Italy and France :D Maybe the 908 and MAYBE Ferrari or Lambo. That nice to hear.

And for the "lack" of Endurance tracks from USA , we already have Indianapolis and Daytona , that is a strong start but WE NEED SEBRING. This track is mandatory to WEC/IMSA races. And Reiza since i saw your 2022 SPA , you can built a Sebring as good as rFactor 2.

I must say , The Madness Engine impresses me more and more. The game still need attention in night races but damn , same here, the start is strong.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Thanks for the hard and passionate work team.
    Id love to see the upcoming ford mustang gt3 implemented in the future <3

Every reason to include a mustang is a good one :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

With the shader and track LED lights updates, we take one more step forward to get to a more immersive environment!
    Thank you for that Reiza!

As already informed by people who tested it, it is not more VR-friendly yet, but it seems Reiza knows it and is looking forward to making it better in further updates.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

I can't agree more. SC , Full course yellow , LED panels is very good for that. We need the marshalls to wave the flags and i will be in heaven :D

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Mking

Mking New Member

thank you reiza!! please fix the replay system, like in other simulations. and makes the multiplayer like in other model simulations. you can become the crown of racing simulations!!! Big thx to reiza team !!

14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Not as easy as just flipping a switch. It’s a livetrack issue

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Fineraft

Fineraft Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm looking forward to this update! My Christmas can not be better :hurrayreiza:. Also, hinting at the boys in red, 2024 promises to be a great year for this sim which has become my favourite! A bit of a shame the Corvette gt3 isn't introduced, but this could still come. For now I wish all you guys at Reiza, and my fellow simracers, a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year!!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

This is the most important and promising blog yet for my personal preference and tastes and the one I've been hoping for for several years.

• I'm an sportscar racing aficionado and someone who's been crying out for depth in existing classes, so it looks like 2024 is going to be perfect for me
    • Even more so because I'm a vintage racing nut and the era-specific tracks to match the cars are a huge part of AMS2's appeal to me
    • You could bring no new classes and only add things to Group C, GT1, LMH/GTP, GT3, 70s GT and 70s Touring classes and I would be happy and it sounds like there may be exciting things ahead for; very happy to hear that this first pack is 'Part 1'
    • Immersive AI features, like the flashing headlights, make a big difference when you're in the slower class in a multiclass race, especially as the game has some of the best single player multi class AI going
    • A couple of other small details that mean a lot for me; having consistent number plate styles for the liveries within the classes makes it feel like a proper grid and not a collection of random cars
    • The 'couple of USA tracks' would almost certainly be top of my list, especially if you have the vintage versions of those I'd love to buy them as new 'Premium Tracks'
    • Some new brands, especially a red hot Latin one (or two) would be incredible and really help with that depth to a lot of categories

Long story short, I've held out for packs and sales for the content I wanted in AMS2 up to now, but strongly suspect this will be a day 1 purchase for me, as will any endurance content in the coming year. Thanks to all the team.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

One item I hope is able to be worked with the AI's pit strategy with the endurance stuff is them choosing to take new set of tires or not for series that do the refueling and tire change separately. Currently they are able to do a splash and dash, and not take tires.

However during the course of the race, for a regular full fuel stop, they always take new tires, even if the tire wear doesn't justify it. Sometimes the pace evens out and they're able to overtake on their fresh set, but more often than not, doing a fuel only stop every other pit stop is by far the fastest way, so you can easily cheese the AI that way.

18. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Member

LeMans is nearly here, now we just need the Panoz GTR-1.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Will the game still be developed after 2025? And see more content even after the career mode?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And the lotus GT1

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1