1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Demo Featuring VW TSI Cup By Acelerados RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 18, 2021.

1. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

When I removed all my Codemaster games Steam made it VERY clear that there was no going back.

• Like Like x 1
  2. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I went the safe way and created multiple Steam accounts, thats the easiest way with the least effort. But, all you get is a demo with content that needs fixing anyway.

3. PedroFontana

PedroFontana New Member

Ótima notícia! Carros street também é uma ótima ideia incluir no game, com a parceria com Acelerados daria para fazer exatamente o que eles apresentam, volta rápida com os carros de rua e vocês já estão com a Volkswagen NA MÃO, se já criaram o Polo e o Virtus, porque não focar na nova geração do Golf agora? Seria sensacional!! Vai na minha ideia.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MJV_1973

MJV_1973 finnish ed AMS2 Club Member

I really love this game but there is few cars I wouldn´t drive again and these VW´s are one.
    I think it wasn´t so good move to include only these cars to demo.
    One GT car, Prototype, Open Wheeler...so guys who just want taste how game feels don´t leave it immediately after driving only those VW´s.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Contrary to supercars and GT's that rarely anyone sat in, this cars can serve as a reference how well AMS2 actually simulates cars driving.

Noticed that something is wrong with oil temperature in the Polo TSI
    in game oil temp is around 35°C most of the time while racing in 3rd and 4th gear. RL the temperature settles at 100-110°C when high rpm and full throttle is used over prolonged time.

Seems like there is a oversized oil-cooler simulated that does not exist RL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rhosta

Rhosta Gyro Controller User

Hi,
    since you fully revised physics of TSI Cup in update v1.3.8.3, can I ask you to update the demo to this version as well?
    I did try the demo, but as mentioned here in this thread, it wasn't really a pleasant experience, but I am willing to give it another chance, if the physics would be based on the latest version:)

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rhosta

Does Automobilista 2 do some kind of free weekend events or something similar?

As I didn’t get any response anywhere, it seems that update of the demo is unlikely and I am more interested to try other classes than those present in the demo anyway.

8. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Afaik there haven't been any Steam free weekends for AMS2 so far.

9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Demos and such are pretty useless in the era of the Steam 2-hour refund policy. Just buy the base game, play it for under 2 hours, then return if you don't like it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. FS7

True, but for some payment methods refunds are not available, you get the value back as Steam wallet credits, so depending on which payment methods are available for you/your country and the price of the game doing the 2hr thing isn't a very good option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

It's still nice to have a proper "try before you buy" option for those still hesitant or who don't have the money to buy it at that moment though (which is why I still advocate for a more general-market-appealing demo than the TSI one but that's a seperate thing)

• Like Like x 2
  12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I really think the demo should be extended with maybe 1 or 2 other cars and maybe 1 other track, so it is more representative of the full sim. And it should be kept current with latest developments.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Great Steam feature however, very frustrating to have issues with controller setup that can use up the entire two hours. Had that experience with Codemasters and Forza titles.

• Agree Agree x 8
  14. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

It can easily take at least a couple of hours on AMS2 (or any other sim really) to get your settings dialled in.

A good, properly representative demo would be beneficial imo.

15. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Never tried the demo because I bought the full game, but I can’t believe that they only include the two VWs. These are really the only 2 cars I don’t like at all in the full game. No sense of speed in those although I play in immersive VR only. Don’t know why because there are cars with even less power (like old Mini or Gokarts) but they still FEEL faster than the 2 VWs. Don’t know what’s their problem…

16. Rober

Rober Member

There is no demo for AMS2, they used the "demo slot" in Steam for the VW thing, we don't know the kind of agreement between the parts or how much it will last but I'm pretty sure they can not just add other cars, maybe one day.
    They could have released it as a separate game, but I suppose it was faster and easier this way and it is what it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rhosta

Exactly, another issue might be installation size, downloading game could take several hours or whole day depending on internet connection, just to try it for two hours, isn't great either.
    What is AMS 2 installation size?

18. FS7

Current AMS2 install size is 73.68GB, it will increase in the next update since there will be new content added.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Rhosta

I guess I could at least ask a few questions relevant to demo:
    1) In demo, menu navigation in settings on gamepad doesn't work correctly. For exmaple, when I hit right dpad at certain position, it doesn't move to the right, but to some other specific position, like there is some hidden order of settings that doesn't correspond with its grid. Is it something that is still an issue in full game?

2) In demo even when I set the deadzone to 0 it is still too large. Can it be lowered further in full game, or is there at least some workaround like ini file modification?

3) Can you change the scale of the menu in full game? Everything seemed to be a bit too large on my 24" 1080p monitor in the demo.

3) How is the handling of the VW TSI cup cars in 1.3.8.3 compared to demo?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  20. FS7

In AMS2 there are built-in controller filters that cannot be turned off, those filters slow down your inputs and limit how much you can turn the in-game wheel. Even with deadzones at 0 and controller damping at 0 there will always be some input delay.

• Informative Informative x 1