1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Demo Featuring VW TSI Cup By Acelerados RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The menu layout is as it is. In VR, you can adjust its placement and scaling in 3D space, but on flatscreen you're stuck with the same layout as in the demo.

From what I can remember how the handling was back when the demo came out, the tires felt too soft even when on maximum pressure. Now the tires feel more normal, and there are other minor improvements such as a bit less understeer, but the car is still a pretty boring road car (as it should be).

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I think my take on the VWs is that they just lack that "slow car fast" feeling that you get in cars like the Copa Bs and are just generally kind of unremarkable, but I don't think my European tastes are the market for Acelerados content to be fair

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly. I would like to know why they don’t have this “slow car fast” feeling but such a “only slow” feeling instead. They aren’t THAT slow but they feel so. Why? Even in VR…
    There are much slower cars that feel much faster. Again: why?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rhosta

Rhosta Gyro Controller User

Alright, I solved the deadzone issue after finding gamepad thread on this forum and remapped steering to right stick and back to the left one. For some reason, there was excessive deadzone with default settings even with deadzone at 0, but now it is gone.
    You are right that controller damping still limits steering speed noticeably even at zero, adding some input delay. Thats definitely something I would like to see improved as I use gyro/motion steering and this causes steering to be less responsive than desired in this case.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  5. Rhosta

Rhosta Gyro Controller User

They don't seem to have any grip at all in the demo even when tires are heated up.
    Just sliding whenever I turn slightly. (or at least screaming tires sound is present in almost every turn).

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Drives like it's on worn rain tyres, terrible sluggish gear box, ESC that you can't turn off.

7. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it might be because these are new slow cars, which are heavier and less fun to drive than old slow cars. Maybe more competitors would help? These cars in essentially a 1-make series can't lead to much excitement.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With the 1.5 physics changes to the TSI Cup, as well as improved support for new wheels (e.g. Logitech TrueForce) maybe it's time to release an updated version of the demo? :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 27
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

I think there should be something a bit more appealing in the demo.

Maybe a GT4 car and Formula Inter on Oulton Park for example. A lot more exciting and a better showcase of the game to prospective buyers.

I think PC2 offered up a Ferrari and an F3 car. That was a fun demo. Driving around in a Polo doesn't sound very exciting for a motorsport sim demo.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

If I understood this correct back when the Demo/Free version was released, it was targeted to the Brazilian market and there also was some sponsorship from VW involved. There actually is a VW TSI Cup in Brasil, which is a series that offers entree in to the Motorsport in Brasil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Correct.

It is a terrible car for its price, as usual in Brazil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I understand there may be license restrictions with content of the AMS2 demo but imo Reiza should at least update the demo to the latest physics, otherwise we'll keep seeing threads on Steam forums about people who played the demo and think AMS2 sucks.

• Agree Agree x 11
  13. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Marketing wise it should be removed. The demo doesn't represent how great AMS2 is AT ALL. I think that it hurts Reiza's sales. Not only the physics are old, the car choice is also wrong.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

I got the game after playing the demo recently.

It wasn't that difficult to find out that many updates had been done. Specifically physics / handling update in 1.5 is prominent in the community and store pages.

What it does show you is how well it runs on your hardware and how good the VR implementation is.

But yes you are perhaps left wondering how good 1.5 is and in a perfect world the demo would be based on the updated game, but I don't think it's detrimental to sales. Remember too that the way steam works now anyone can get a refund easily after a few hours of gameplay. That largely killed the demo as a thing to offset the risk of buying games that you didn't like.

As it turned out the humble bundle happened before I had to make a decision between this and any other sim - since every other sim was included just about.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Today I heard Andrea Bocelli sing:
    “Time for … Dev Update”
    Then I woke up … but still hope.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 3