1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 January 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 31, 2021.

1. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great stuff for 2021 and beyond !

During the private and public Early Access, it was possible to set a custom date (month/day) in the calendar year for an event. Then it was removed during the public EA because it caused problems. I'd really like to see this feature return as it allowed for incredible vistas and lighting (especially in Winter) not possible anymore.
    I think Renato mentioned then it would make a come back, with tracks updated with seasonal foliage. I really hope that feature will be back, with or without seasonal foliage.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could be solved by enabling legacy cams maybe

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, these were all done with 20 AI cars. I just followed your advice and tested it with 4 AI cars - and just like that, the bouncing was gone.

Quite weird, but at least I now have a way to enjoy these cars, even if it is achieved using less opponents. Thanks for that!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Same here. I have mandatory only this idiotic wobble at stand still and at slow speed.
    But maybe if we could find out why @Dicra ALSO have it at high speed we could help Reiza to find the reason behind the BUG.;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

I've now seen this point about the ABS, TC, & (in another post) Brake Bias keybindings, I did reply to the last one stating that you can, as i do, all changeable on the fly from my wheel. However im now wondering if i've misunderstood. Are you refering to the bindable levels of ABS being Off, Low, High? as these are bindable and relate to strength of applied AIDs, or do you mean you'd like to be able to change the point (i.e. how early or late) they kick in as can be done by % in the setup page?

6. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe this is an option:
    Ford GT

• Like Like x 1
  7. psone

psone Guest

@Tarmac Terrorist previously TC could be bound in the same way its possible to bind Brake Bias, you could adjust TC in 1% increments which made it a pain to edit, then that was changed to 10% increments which was much more useful, but for some reason that option to bind has been removed altogether.

Changes, other than hi/low/off can only be made in the setup menu or through the ICM, but the ICM is currently crap so not much help. I don't get why the option to bind TC was removed when really we should have had the option to bind ABS added.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. steve montuno

steve montuno Member

That wobble while being stationary is also very prominent when using the karts ,not much fun if you've got motion,,,, although karts overall are unfortunately very buggy.

9. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Noooooo!! Please noooo!

Brazilians love Copa Marcas, the leagues over here would be plagued with it! :eek:

Needless to say I really don't enjoy these lol

10. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I mean, each car irl have different TC/ABS/etc levels/steps also I don't like the 1-100% levels since real cars don't work like this since those are generic aids suitable for each car...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tarmac Terrorist

Ok thats interesting, I like the 10% idea, but you can bind high, low, and off to be changed whilst driving, I use it all the time, I think i did at one point have TC & ABS adjustable from my wheel, but now I have it adjustable from my keyboard as I built the keyboard into my dash like a button box.
    Brake Bias I have found more useful to keep bound to the wheel, can adjust forward or rearward whilst driving, v useful!

12. Tarmac Terrorist

Ok now i see what you mean, basically much more like the levels in RF2 or ACC where one car might have ABS 1 - 11 ("these ones go to eleven!") and another 1 - 9. Yes I'd prefer that aswell. However the 1-100% scale in the setup I like as that does not affect how much of the aid is applied but rather how early or late it kicks in, which i think can be adjusted/programed in a real cars electronic aid system. I may be wrong, but i find this very useful.

It was particularly noticeable in the Mclaren 720s early on when I generally only drove it with ABS off as the abs kicked in way to early and made the wheels grab too much with not too much brake input (it was stronger or weaker depending on wether ABS was set to low or high, but the point of engagement was the same in both case's), then later on Reiza (Ya know those folks who've never heard of sleep) changed the default set up in one of the updates which took the pecentage of ABS in the setups down from about 75% (i think it was) to something much lower like 25%. After that i was much more comfortable driving with ABS on as it then kicked in much later, or to put it another way, much more force or barke input was required to activate it.

This was when i realised that there is a big difference in what Strength (low, High, Off) and percentage actually does, it was like one of those "Oh! I get it now" Moments, and I realised that this is actually really very good and useful.

But yes, i would rather see the generic off, low & High changed to the actual levels availible in said RL car. But definately want to keep the % setup option of how early it kicks in.

Hope thats clear, I may have just over explained myself there, sorry, I waffle like an american breakfast dinner!

13. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

Yeah, what a great driver Zanardi was - some of those CART drives were epic! Sounds like he's getting better after his bike crash.

What's seriously impressive in that clip is Senna's quick reactions - he probably saved a few marshalls lives there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. DaReaLDeviL

DaReaLDeviL www.RacePlace.de

I can not say it better - please work on your sounds! Keep up the good work and the pase you deliver but thats one of the bigger bummers for me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. skylineforever

skylineforever Member

Sauber c9 and porsche 962 for group c ? Is too light... no news for flags rules and safety car ?

16. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It would be nice to have this back, but AFAIK, this is low priority compared to foundational issues at the moment like multiplayer/net code and suspension / bouncing issues with Porsches and Openwheelers (V-10s, V-12)...

17. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

No news about MP rating-/ranking system...
    :confused:

18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Better this way, since the current multiplayer state is not fit for such system.

The multiplayer feature is too buggy and getting a random disconnect or a CTD during a ranked race would bring a truckload of people crying and swearing to this forum.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Been racing a championship in them and never had anything like that... The car is completely stable when it's racing. How do you even get the car to rattle that way????? The only similar thing I have seen is in replays but when you actually drive the car it doesn't move that way... Maybe more of a camera setting problem (legacy and what not)???

On the way the car feels frankly, after driving it yesterday, it was very communicative before the update and the FFB got even crispier on the F Classic. Their weight on the steering heavily depends on the camber and caster you use. Much more than any other car I tested. I like the new tire tread behavior as well as the FFB feeling in it.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. psone

psone Guest

Now that custom championships have been pushed back a bit further, it would be cool if we could have some new ones added to the existing ingame options. Maybe something a bit more random like P3, P4, Sprint car, Fusca, JCW etc.

It'd be nice to have something a little less full on than the current options and it'd be a good way to showcase some of the cars that people might be less inclined to try.