1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 1, 2021.

1. leobaruk13

leobaruk13 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Will we have a July dev's update or what can we expect for August?

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Another month! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A few words from devs if/when we may expect next development update would be nice…

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  4. crimsonregency

crimsonregency Member AMS2 Club Member

Regarding updating the community, Reiza has skipped months before. So most likely end of August, or maybe even end of September for the next update.

5. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I'm honestly fine with Reiza skipping months- when you're busy working on a game of this scale I think monthly devlogs probably slip pretty low down the priority chain after all

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This and I like to add that it surely takes some time to write down everything in a foreign language.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

Sure, but it would only take a few minutes (and it would show some courtesy) to tell us they're waiting another month to provide the next roadmap.

I don't think the complaints are due to the lack of roadmap, but rather the lack of any communication that we shouldn't expect one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

"it would show some courtesy" ... "lack of any communication" ...

Sorry, but I am A LITTLE BIT (;)) disturbed/perplexed.
    Are you really talking about Reiza?
    I've been here for a long time now and I can say that Reiza have always been giving us plenty of information what's going on behind the scenes and what we could we expect.
    They also try to help us here and answer directly to certain questions without having special moderators or beta testers who do this (like other companies).
    As I said previosly: Maybe it takes a bit of time to write something like a dev update in a foreign language which will be visible all around the world.
    But maybe I am a bit too sensitive regarding your post.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  9. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

"Hi everyone, we know that we usually provide a monthly development update, but we're busy enough working on some features at the moment that we can't offer a full-length post this month. Suffice to say the updates at the end of August will be a surprise! Hopefully we'll provide a development roadmap again at that point. Wishing everyone a great month with the current build."

^This took about one minute to write and another to edit.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, it's ok for me the way Reiza is developing this game but you're talking about the (July) development update or the game update itself?
    Anyway do you have any inside view or are these your expectations?

11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

EDIT: Removed some commas. Happy @bandqit? :p

I see it that way:
    First....
    Enjoy your sunday and let them enjoy theirs.

Whatever reason there is that there is no immediate info on if or if not there will be a monthly dev blog, i think there is no harmful intend or "don't care".
    It's not always that simple like you think it is and it's definetly not true that there is a lack of communication just because there is occasional radio silence going on from time to time.

I think, looking at it more calmly sometimes would also improve the mood overall. :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  12. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

You’ve really got to get that comma key fixed mate.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

See, if they wrote the release so vaguely people would start having high expectations about all the bugs, Sherlock thread etc. They have to manage expectations to make sure they are not talking rubbish and not meeting the highly placed bar of user's demands of all sorts. Even then people are crossed that something wasn't included :whistle:

And don't forget that Reiza's posts are scrutinised by community more than SF90's power unit. So it's important they pay attention to what they write. Even if it's vague.

Last time we had RSR announced people got crossed that it wasn't included in hotfix patch few days after the announcement. Also it made the month twice longer as the wait was painful. Reiza knows what to do and so far the communication is miles ahead of other developers.

I trust their judgement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

This ain't the RF2 Forum ,eh...

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It would show some courtesy to stop whining and just enjoy the sim as its now at this point, thinks will come when they come, i rather have them invest the time in the sim then to write a roadmap, especially since in earlier roadmap a lot of stuff are mentioned on what they are working on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The "speaking rythm" is quite different in german and requires setting it differently there. So this might carry over as a non-native speaker...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Dear Reiza, i bought the game fews months ago, you belong to me forever

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

I am a huge fan of the driving experience in AMS2. (This is by far my favorite and most frequently-used sim, and I've run and participated in several leagues that use it.) I think Reiza is doing a great job in actually producing and delivering high-quality content.

That said, in recent months, multiplayer use of AMS2 has decreased substantially, and many former participants in our leagues have drifted away or shifted to other sims. Why? Why are users leaving the sim even though Reiza seems to be doing very well on the big-picture issues?

The problem, at least in my opinion, is Reiza has developed a pattern of mishandling small details that in conjunction create an impression of unprofessionalism, thereby eroding users' overall confidence in the studio. Monthly updates are not released at the same time each month and content is sometimes delivered later than expected, leading users to feel as though the developers suffer from mismanagement or aren't competent at estimating their schedules. Development updates are sometimes not published at all, and yet no explanation is offered. Similarly, bug fixes and changes are often scheduled for short-term delivery but are then not fulfilled for months.

If anything, I think Reiza should stop providing monthly development updates and should instead either move to a quarterly update schedule or fold any future development updates into the same posts as regular monthly releases. They should, however, tell users that this is the new expectation. Remaining silent after creating an expectation of regular development promises is the worst of all worlds, as it reinforces the perception that the studio suffers from poor time-management and cares little about its shrinking user base. (Just look at many of the others who have already posted asking why we have not yet heard anything...)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

You are assuming that the mp users are the majority..

20. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

Nope.