1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For good measure, a reminder of what a V12 Aston means :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

In 1983 F1 Season, the champion driver raced the car that reach only the third position in Constructor's Championship. The only other season it ever happened was 1982, that Keke Rosberg won with the fourth best car. The F1's standard is that the champion team has the champion driver. Would be a bliss an actual championship with that level of competition, with drivers making more difference that their cars. After 1983 it happened again only four times (1986, 1994, 1999 and 2008), but never again a car soo worst than the champion team's had won again as in 1983 and 1984. For 2001 forward, the tendency become boring team dominances and that stuff take a lot of fun from F1 and """""doomed""""" it's champions to never be fully recognized, because when a driver win a championship in a car that is that much better than the others, always fells like cheating and leave us that taste of "we'll never know how really good those lads really are/were".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

The Vantage is a cool addition, I'll never complain about a V12 scream, but it would be nice to see some up to date offerings for GT3s/prototypes, like the ones on the current global endurance scene
    The Brasil content does well enough though I guess

4. Jugulador

I think that Reiza shouldn't pursuit that because, in the end, these cars will always be compared with ACC content, that is a sim specialized in this category (and GT4).

If Reiza complete the Império GT3 cars (there are one Ferrari and two Lambos, besides this Aston Martin, missing), I will be more than satisfied. Personally, I would prefer than they complete the Copa Classic cars.

Maybe they can release an International GT3/4 paid DLC and put on it the best effort possible to make it worth for those who care.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jugulador

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aren't new models, but in the mixing they work very fine. Remembering that the Império Brasil GT3 specs are not exactly the same from International GT3. These cars, beside being old models, have some parts built by custom manufacturers to make it work with Brazilian logistics and budget. And there are two GT3 and two GT4 classes, that take account of the age of the cars, so it's not that absurd as may seem and work very fine.

EDIT: Don't know what is that car, but amazed me how the support car (maybe a Porsche SUV in street spec) kept close to the GT4 cars after the first S at Interlagos right before the green light lol (18:40 forward)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Those were the days.
    Imo the late 70s and early 80s were exceptional regarding competition (with 1978 and the Lotus 79 left out). We had many different winners and everything was not as predictable as it became later (since the 90s). Imo F1 since 2014 until 2021 was one of the worst eras in F1 because one team dominated everything (and this by a large margin). It was kind of F1 1988 season, but repeated 8 times in a row. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

You know what I have to say now: Go to ACC, rf2, iRacing, RRE to join the „we have the latest-GT3-model“. AMS2 is special I like that and the V12 Aston is still one of my lovely beauty -> AMR V12 24hr_Nords 2018

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

Alex, AMS Reiza will never have the bucks for modern licences. So ur choice has to be ACC, AC, iRacing, rf2, RRE, gran turismo, forza, RL;)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

2014-2021 probably is the worst era. Then there is the Ferrari/Schumacher spell. Even if most people love Schumi and Ferrari, for me it was almost as boring as Mercedes/Hamilton.

At least the early 2000's cars were much, much oh so much cooler than 2014-2021. I really dislike how the cars are so large they look like limousines nowadays (including 22).

F1 should go back to light and small cars. No yadda yadda safety bla bla ERS etc excuses.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't forget the incredible overpowered Loeb and Ogier in the WRC.... From 2004 till 2016 they dominated.. Ogier when Loeb retired... Then Ogier had a dry spell; Neuville and Tanak won.. but Ogier won 2020 and 2021, tho.. Holymoly. They need a bit of Marius there. Sponsors are welcome! WRC here I come!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ettore

Actually Renato hinted at a new class of 2022 GT3s in this forum last year. I think that could still be in his mind/drawer somewhere

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  12. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

True....those modern F1 cars are much too big but afaik this won't change as long as the battery and everything around those hybrid systems cannot be packaged more space efficient. My hope is that it will be possible in the near future as technology advances.

Just look at this. It’s ridiculous. :D
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Ettore

It's more about safety. The longer the car the safer. Also the longer the car the better it is to manage aero flows.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jugulador

The problem is: People don't like the safety, but without the safety Ayrton dies... people don't like when Ayrton dies... sooooo

PS: Read this post with the voice of "Samir, you are breaking the car"

15. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But that was more the track than the car. Berger had an accidental there too and when they investigated the wall there they found a stream and decided it couldn't be moved. A better barrier could have potentially helped and we see now that lots of fatal accidents could have been prevented with the halo, so I think safety is in a good place currently.

Now if we could just shrink the cars back down...

Pretty sure that's what will be the undoing of Monaco, the races there in the 80's were much better as the cars were smaller (and cooler in every way lol).

• Like Like x 1
  16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly, IMHO 2014-16 wasn't that bad given there was a close battle at the front. What made it boring was Nico left. It would be like Leclerc leaving now and letting Max running away with the title. Even if you have a dominant team, inter-team rivalry can be very entertaining given the right circumstances.

McLaren was equally dominant for a few years in the 80's, but nobody complains about it now because it was "Prost vs. Senna." Their battle spilled over into different teams, but the rivalry started when they had the same car.

That said, I personally find the era of cars from 1997-2013 more fun to watch (and drive in sims). Even though those cars are slower, they look nimble through quick changes in direction. Maybe it's a bit of nostalgia, but then again, I didn't start watching F1 regularly until F1TV became a thing.

17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I like Nico. He did quit on his peak. Like everyone should do. Live the legend. Althrough I think most people have forgotten him by now. But I think personally he's really happy. It's not all about being a legend and getting fame. Reaching your personal goals.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe one of the goals set by F1 for the next gen is to reduce size and weight of the car. They at least acknowledged that.

Absolutely. Without Prost, we would never be able to witness so clearly Ayrton's talent. An antagonist (or protagonist, depends how you see it) is always important.

We might get it this gen with Max x Charles, if Ferrari doesn't screw up like they usually do. Then imagine if Mercedes get their **** together next year, we might see Lewis and George joining the battle for P1.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

The chances of ferrari not screwing up is the same as Nikita Mazepin getting another shot at F1.

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza could do what r3e has, which is multiple classes of GT3, each from specific years and series, with their own respective models and BoPs applied.

Or why can Reiza not have GT3 generations like with the formula cars?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1