1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

This is what I discovered on my Side. CPU was the bottleneck. I downloaded on steam FPSvr that gives you the whole pictures in your Helmet ( GPU, CPU ( by core), memory.. usefull to test one by one the graphic options and see they impact. It was around 3$can I think.

I have the HP G2 and a 1080TI.. first I was thinking the GPU was the issue but with this tools I saw CPU was topped with the options I set ( i5-9600k at 5ghz). I ve change for a i5-12600k that I set to 5.1ghz and CPU Isn t the issue anymore ... I have the Helmet at 56% with almost all options to HIGH but shadows and looks very Nice. The only "problem I see is the grey Mirror sometimes, when I think the Sun is on your back at low position.. but this could be a game bug. Using openXR as well. GPU is running at 80% most or the Time... Not on rain where is barely playable... Waiting for for the 4080 Benchmark to see if it clears the 30xx problem with VR.

I Will give a try on lossless scaling to compare

BTW .. i m talking about AMS2 hère ... ACC is a disaster in VR compare to AMS2... With ACC to have a 80-90 fps the graphic looks horrible with my Config... Thanks to Unreal4 which looks great on flat display but not really VR friendly

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  2. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

I couldnt get this to work. Anytime I try to run ams2 (or pc2) at a different resolution than the native monitor resolution, the image is completely messed up, a lot of stuff doesnt seem to render.

3. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You have to run it in a window, preferably one with the same aspect ratio as the screen. So my screen is 1080p (16:9) and I run AMS2 in a 1600:900 (16:9) window. My apologies if you’re already doing this.

4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

EDIT: I meant this for the V1.3.8.1 thread

Ahh, yes. If you want more stress, we need the equivalent of the Gimli Glider incident at Galeao, where a distressed airplane lands in the middle of the racetrack :D

That Time A Boeing 767 Crash Landed On A Race Track
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are we allowed to dream BIG? :p

upload_2022-7-6_6-40-50.png

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Ettore But first we need Le Mans for this car.. It's in the name 'Le Mans Hypercar' :rolleyes:

7. Ettore

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

• Waiting for this one:
    • 251.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  9. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

To make Le Mans worth investing money into for Reiza, they will probably need to add a few more cars first: 1-2 more GT1s, 2-4 more Group Cs, maybe add LMP900 with 3-5 cars, the mentioned LeMans Hypercars, some 60s-70s Le Mans racers.
    The latest focus was pretty heavily on Formula cars, so there just isn't too much to race Le Mans with at the moment I feel.

10. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

There was a good version of le mans 82 just released for ac, would love to see a version like that in ams2 for group c.

11. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Let's just bootleg a version out, call it "Limões" and have the P-classes and GT classes drive it. :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ettore

Ideally your requests are nice... But now think about 2-3 LMH (Cadi-BMW-Porka already brands in the game) together with GT3s expanded by a couple of more cars and there you have the 2023 grid... You can even beef it up with GTEs. In theory you could even use DPis as LMP2s or have a proper LMP2.
    Then you can also go down memory lane and add late 90s GT1s and LMP900 for sure.. :D
    Or just go for a "Prancing Horse" pack :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2022-7-6_14-10-16.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Group C were destroyed by FIA réglementation ( i.e the 3.5l engine) because they want to keep the focus and the money on they baby .. the F1. Group C was going big back then, FIA was scared that F1 could not be N°1

At the end, the only one pushing for the FIA change was peugeot then they can claim high they were Group C master ... But they were almost alone in the Category by then .. yes big champion Indeed . Some races have 6 or 7 cars on the grid during the last saison... What a shame.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

With "FIA was scared" you mean "Bernie was scared" :whistle:

And Peugeot didn't push for the change, they just pushed for the last season to be raced as they had invested heavily in development.

16. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Bernie Indeed and Jean-Marie balestre .. and when J-M was in the equation whatever is french ( Driver ( as Prost) team ( as Peugeot) everything was made on their advantage

17. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's probably less about content and more about AMS2 features they want to implement to improve endurance racing. Not sure what they could add but I look forward to whatever it is...mid-race saves maybe?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Online swap pilote !!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Having the AI change tires when you swap to your AI co-driver would help endurance races for sure… sorry couldn’t resist :D

20. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In fact, the brand that made the active push to reduce race lengths first, then switch to F1 engines later, was Mercedes Benz, incredibly the ones that got the new cars wrong in 1991, and lost their stranglehold on the series they were dominating until previous year.

But everything was masterminded by Bernie, who knew exactly what buttons to push and on which ears to whisper to get everything kickstarted.