1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would so much want this. And modern layouts. And AI features to run long races with driver changes. And co-op. And mid race saving features. One can dream.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And by the way unfortunately it sounds like a V6... Where are the other 6 cylinders??? :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here is the thing about LeMans, Reiza has already said that the licencing for Lemans would be extremely expensive and that's without the extra hurtle of MSG exclusivity. Since MSG got the rights to the 24 Hours of LeMans Race, no one seems to know whether that includes the track or just the event.

Here's the good news. Since then, GT7 has included LeMans, but no 24 hour race on the track. So that tells me the track is still avilable for use in other games as long as you don't have the 24 hour event.

I'm assuming it's the same concept with Indy. I don't think legally there would be a issue with having a generic or vintage Indycar and the indianapolis speedway separately in a game. But I don't think you could combine them into say a career mode 500 mile race without infringing on the MSG exclusivity deal. That's the reason I don't think well be getting Indy in Racing USA part 3, and if we do, it will be a generic renamed version instead, or it won't be used in the career mode whenever that comes to pass.

I also understand some tracks have seprate licences for Historic versions of the track, Lemans being one example. Maybe MSG has no say over the historic reditions of the course? Who knows?

Now what I would like to see, and what I think would be incredible would be a proper rendition of the Targo Florio. As far as Enduance races go, I think Targo is a close 2nd to LeMans for a historical signifigant European road race.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It would be spectacular to have targa florio but that is an insane amount of work, and I doubt many people would race it often

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With all the LeMans talk, I do have to say the LMh vs. LMDh is really fascinating from an engineering/logistics standpoint. If both classes are to be BOP'd to each other, LMDh seems a really compelling option. Why spend massively more on a bespoke LMh design when you can save time, money, and resources to modify a proven chassis into something equally as competitive. For as much as people whine about BOP, it's bringing back manufacturers to endurance racing. Yes, the car that wins may not truly be the best, but a series with more competitors seems more interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

agrreed. Sounds like a toy and the livery is ugly ;)
    like an ugly fish from the deep sea :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ettore

Reiza already explained even on the socials that the cost of the license is aligned to other licenses already in the game and MSG has the rights to the event called Le Mans 24 hours that has nothing to do with the right to the track representation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dylan Hale

What do you mean the "that the cost of the license is aligned to other licenses already in the game" Does that mean the price has come down to a more reasonable level? Because they told me directly on the first Q&A on facebook that LeMans was far more expinsive than what was approachable at that time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

Renato previously said it was in-line with something like spa.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The downfall of Group C led to the rise of GT racing (BPR GT was awesome, check it out). Maybe LMDh will bring prototype racing back to the top in the next few years. From some quick searches it seems that LMDh is going to be equal to or cheaper than GTE/GTLM. It will be interesting to see what the grids look like in a few years and if the ACO will prioritize LMH/LMDh over GT3. How cool would it be to have a 20+ top category entries! LMP2 was fantastic to watch this year with their 28 or so entries...

Reiza does a great job with fictional open-wheelers, I hope they can do the same for sport cars as well. Specifically the lower categories, we really need the Reiza equivalent of the brand "Spice" which was big on the grid in the C2 category.

If you want a semi-realistic 80's grid, it's basically a few factory teams (Mercedes, Jaguar, Nissan/Toyota/Mazda), a bunch of Porsches and the other half of the grid filled with C2 entries.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Dylan Hale

Okay sweet. So there is a chance!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
  12. rmagid1010

The real difference will be hybrid systems, if BoP is effective. LMDH must all share a common hybrid system, whilst LMH build their own. It is obviously more expensive for the brands to design their own hybrid system, but maybe it can give a performance/fuel saving advantage if done right?

(Or you can be cheaper like glickenhaus and not even have hybrid)

• Like Like x 1
  13. rmagid1010

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Why Monaco and Suzuka were release with other names and Reiza can't do the same with Le Mans (just call it Pays de la Loire)?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. Ettore

In facts this is exactly what Renato said, not to discount Le Mans coming to AMS2, but before that happens they need to have a more mature sim

16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LesHommes :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You cant do that. Pays de la Loire or Sarthe are proper french administrative entities. According to the french law, you cant brand administrative entities. So they have to find another name

18. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I just gave an example... the question is "why don't release LeMans, as done with Monaco and Suzuka, with another name (fictional if must)"?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

download.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dylan Hale

Tell me this doesn't look like a promotional thing, god I love this game.
    20220706205551_1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1