1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Fixed / Default setups having every existing thing locked is *nonsense. We need options to adjust at least stuff like Brake Bias, Brake Pressure, Steering Lock, Anti-Rollbar, Downforce, Fuel Amount, maybe even tire pressure ??

All the other super detailed stuff can stay locked, but players should have at least some of the most basic settings adjustable because some cars are just undrivable on default. Using the argument "it is the same for everyone" is NOT good because you will have less people racing if they are forced to drive with a completely terrible setup.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Unlocking various settings also for fixed setup is on the plan.

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

True, but without it's real engine sound it just isn't the same...
    Hopefully Reiza can do something on that front as well for modders! :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its the exact same thing as the F1 cars. You can't have too many from the same year in exactly the same spec without drawing attention from the MSG lawyers. Considering what happened with indycar, it makes sense Reiza won't want to step on too many toes.

That being said, I do think hypercar styled cars will show up, they’ll just be Reiza generic cars.

I think we'll get 3 versions,
    1 based off the Ferrari/Toyota
    1 Based off the Peugeot
    1 Based off the Glickenhouse/Vanwall
    Plus
    The Cadillac GTP
    The Porsche 963
    Oreca LMP2
    Ligier LMP3
    The Garage 56 Nascar (Hopefully in its own class)
    The Aston Martin GTE

(Now, this would change if we picked up some of the various car brands)

Everybody wants Ferrari, and at this point its totally possible Reiza could snag them. But my question is, would they come bundled in one of these bigger themes packs, or would we get a Massive Ferrari themed expansion?

Toyota is sort of, kind of already in AMS 2 via the CART cars. And they make a lot of sense to licence for the 1990's content with the GT1 and the Supra GT1

Glickenhouse actively hates sim racing, so doubt they would come

All Stallantis cars are stuck in some sort of legal hell apparently after the merger, so that's knocks out Peugeot

Vanwall? Well everyone loves to hate them. But I genuinely think its the best looking car on the Hypercar grid even if the slowest, and I'm sure they would love some more money and to have their car featured in another game.

Cadillac, Porsche is definitely coming at this point given most of AMS's car roster is GM and Porsche.

BMW is a maybe. On one had they didn't race at lemans and have had a really poor first season in Imsa. On the other hand, it was the first car in Iracing.

Acura I've long suspected the 2nd DPI is the Acura. Again we have tracks covered on their logos, Honda engines in several cars, and the GTP version has been very successful on the track (with or without a small unfair advantage). That all just makes bringing the GTP to the game make too much since, but if this car comes, the BMW won't. Because then you'll piss off Iracing who is the offical game of IMSA.

Ferrari GTE if it comes to the game, will be in the same mega pack as the 499P

Aston Martin GTE is the most likely of this year's race.

The Garage 56 Nascar would be about the craziest, round about way to get a better than current cup car into AMS 2 imaginable. (Considering MSG won't even let one of NASCAR own games use the real drivers and cars for a Acrade cart racers)

5. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I don't know why that argument is still being made when they even have a fully licensed mod for Assetto Corsa and RF2. I think they are likely to be open to come to other sims as well, I don't know how they value themselves compared to Toyota or Ferrari in that regard, though when a modding team can afford the license, I am sure game studios can as well.

I don't think the Supra GT1 is a good car to get for AMS2 right now, it was historically not very relevant and doesn't have any car to race against at the moment. Toyota does have A LOT of interesting historic cars though besides the GT-One for GT1 or a potential LMP900, for example Group C, Group 5, JGTC, different Rally cars. A package of Toyotas like we had for Nissan would be great for a lot of classes in AMS2.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

always read about the newest LMDHs, GTEs and GT1s.
    For the 70ies version of LeMans i suggest to get the Porsche 908.
    This is the right baby for the historical track ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think they just need to update the current one to 89 specs and for early 80’s we woulda have the 956

sadly I don’t see the early 80’s group c happening unless reiza starts talking with new car manufacturers that currently aren’t in ams 2 to get stuff like the Lancia DC2, the Jaguar GTP and maybe even the mustang gtp

I can see 90’s group c happening though with a Nissan a Sauber C11 and maybe a Chevy engined GTP

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've mentioned this elsewhere and I will continue to do so until Lord Renato demands I stop ;)

With Le Mans coming and the potential to have 32+ cars on track, for performance reasons, can we please have some sort of "Visible Vehicles" Option to "hide" cars?
    It works wonders elsewhere and was in the pCars engine AFAIK, especially helpful in VR where you tend to need every tiny bit of performance help and no doubt could help those on lesser PCs as well, thanks.

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. Wolfgang Herold

you need a 4080 ;)
    The 3070 is simply to weak to drive a G2

10. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

i would more go for the 1970 winner Porsche 917K
    [​IMG]
    ... agains the Ferrari 521S ;)
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a little correction Glickenhaus does not hate sim racing, their cars were featured in Raceroom and AC and the licensed their LMH to a modding group so if a modding group can get it I can’t see why reiza couldn’t

a Ferrari pack woulda been awesome, I’d throw money at reiza for that as a Ferrari fan.

Now this whole thing of pissing off msg or iRacing is kinda of nonsense, the fact we are getting Le Mans officially instead of with a fake name like we got Estoril, Monaco and Suzuka already indicate that either, the Le Mans license is not exclusive like indy car or that for some reason MSG doesn’t care, not sure if that IMSA license is exclusive to iRacing, (btw woulda love for reiza to ask them about it) but in regard to IMSA GTP cars or Le Mans hypercars msg and iRacing can’t do anything about them cuz they belong to their respective manufacturer, the thing is, I imagine licensing every car is a lot more expensive than let’s say grab the IMSA or WEC license which might include the license for the cars like it did in GTR 1 and 2, or in other reiza titles like copa petrobras de marcas, and well the reason why the only Toyota model we got being the stock car Corolla.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wolfgang Herold

you're right.
    1970 Helmut Marko on 908 was just 3rd behind two 917ers.
    But the open car is more fun to drive ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Amazing cars that I would love to have, but I will still vouch for 1979 over all 70s versions. You still have a chicaneless Hunaudieres, you get the Porsche Corners (which were built the year after the cars you show were banned), and you get the fast Tertre Rouge (which was a rather forgettable and slow 90 degree corner until 1978). The track stayed like this until 1985, which means also being relevant (although not exactly accurate) to the Group C cars already present in game.

Not having Porsche Corners and Tertre Rouge as a properly fast launching platform into Hunaudieres are things I wouldn't trade for any car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That reminds me of the Brabham BT44, the understeering god with the default setup, ironic that I am still faster than the McLaren if using default setup with both.

15. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well just look at the Nürburgring historic with the Sudschleife, the attention to detail is great, I am 100% sure Reiza will do LeMans justice.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

By the way and just for notice.
    I remember an comment to a post themed no rain in thunderstorm, where the response to that answer was let's say a little "dramatic".
    I see some similarities.
    No offence by any means, just saying and smiling inside.;)

17. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Poor Jim, the myth that he hates sim racing is still going around. Whatever Renato and the team have in mind in terms of cars DLC for Le Mans, I'm confident we're getting some gems. Almost impossible to add Le Mans machinery that isn't great, unless we're talking about the Bisiluro :D (Just kidding, that'd be awesome too!)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

no it's not, I've been using this and lesser GPUs with the G2 just fine with many Sims but any performance help is always welcome to help alleviate stutters and such. Generally speaking AMS2 needs an optimisation pass, also as I've mentioned elsewhere.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In hindsight, the sim racing community, myself included, all jumped on the Glicky hate train a bit too quickly. His "real race cars on real tracks" line was supposedly aimed at the Devel Sixteen being the hypercar equivalent of vaporware. That said, Glick hasn't really done favors for himself in the WEC scene.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Le Mans 2023 is rumoured to be their last race apparently

• Like Like x 1