1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I use a 3080 paired with and i7 7 series clocked to 5ghz (needs an upgrade) and I can run ams2 on my g2 no problems without supersampling, if the performance drops I just switch on the frame interlacing and have no problems, night or day.

Must admit though, the 4090 seems to be the card than can nail g2 at 90 no matter what, but I am not going to pay the price they want, will wait for the 5080 or 70 and see if they can hit the perfect 90 consistently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I saw the drama unfold on Twitter almost live. Tbf, Jim basically did nothing to clear things up, instead he started blocking people :D I mean, just say 'not sure why you think I was referring to sim racing' or something.
    On the other hand, why would he even think about sim racing and put a statement out on Twitter, out of nowhere. Didn't make much sense.

He certainly is a character, he just says what's on his mind. I hope he gets enough funding going for his project. He couldn't even do the testing necessary for the season and still managed to climb that mountain and bring both cars home, ahead of all LMP2s and a small brand named Porsche. ^^ I think it'd be real shame if he were to drop out of WEC next season.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I got no idea what you are trying to say, please elaborate your point.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

if you are happy with it, fine.
    Like IRL, you can reach your destination with every vehicle. Is it either an 15 year old car, a new family fan or a sports car. I personally prefer the sports car ;)

i only can tell i upgraded from 2080ti watercooled ( about 10% slower than 3070ti ) to 4080 and it nearly doubled my framerate in many games on screen. In VR, especially with OpenXR i use 3000 x 3000 resolution and 90 fps is absolutely no problem. Sure, with the old card everything ran fine with some fiddeling here and there. But it was on the edge. Now its a blast.

5. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni

Please bring the Steam DLC page descriptions up to date. Over time I have at Steam forums replied to people what is included or excluded. I'm happy to do that, but for the people that bother to read, it could be avoided.

I'm also happy to write proposals to you for the Steam DLC content descriptions (as I've done in the past and posted here), since it does not appear to be you passion / you do not seem to have time for that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

What an awesome car is the Formula Junior. I’m having a blast with this car on Oulton park. :D

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

yes it’s a star of a car
    Mirror positioning not working is very frustrating
    but hopefully fix will come

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I get that I don't think Reiza will separate every single "year model" of the track. They have not done it in the past and I doubt it will be the case in the future. At best I can think of the historic versions being a separate pack which would make it 4 of them. I don't think everything will be split in LM modern, LMDH, LMP, LM 70, LM90, historic GTs/Protos. I think there will be some bundling as they are usually not "iracing greedy".

9. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I expect part of the cars that expand existing classes to be free content as well like it was done before with the Nissans.

10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

How about this one which is Porsches official 1970 917 LH socalled "Hippie car" for LeMans.

#3_1970-porsche 917LH museum.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza licensing be like;

upload_2023-6-22_23-26-43.jpeg

(expect bmw caddy and porsche lmdh)

• Funny Funny x 8
  12. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

simply becaus cars from this manufacturers are availaible for most people on the world.
    so its kind of advertisement too.
    cars from Ferrari, Lamborgini and other high priced manufacturers will not have much IRL buyers in Reiza community.

13. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

I mean hey, 3x as many options as the DPi class thankfully! :D I was honestly not expecting Hypercars in the sim any time soon so this news is thrilling. I’m excited to try Rallycross as well. AMS2 is already reinvigorated for me with the FUSA 23 so that should hold me over until all of that is ready, hopefully.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Ettore

Is it already cheese time?
    upload_2023-6-23_9-45-51.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  15. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

How long will it take to adapt the rest of the cars to 1.5 tire management?
    Will it only be related to tire parameters or will it also affect some other parameter?
    After testing the quality of the 1.5 car-track connection, the difference with the much more slippery tire management of the other series is enormously understood.
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ettore

Theoretically all cars shall be done by a few weeks from now.
    According to Renato Simioni the tires adjustments are only a portion of the task, with undertray and aero being the other pieces that will be revised as their tuning was affected by the tire walls misbehaviors in previous versions

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All the updated cars will also need setup adjustments - not only the setup values that we see, but also underlying values will change (which is why we are instructed to reset our setup to the default for every new car). These setup adjustments and the testing of them will take time. We don't know how far Reiza has come with this process internally, but we know that nothing has been pushed to the Beta yet, so there is still a lot of work to be done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Ettore That's in Schiphol. Nice shop.. Way overpriced, tho. :oops:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Obviously since it is in an airport

• Like Like x 1
  20. Apex

Apex Active Member

I'd love to see 1970-71 protos, not just for a LM track set in those years as it's an amazing and brutal layout, but indeed also for Spa 1970, which I personally think is an even better track in terms of pure driving.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1