Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe there's a way in the "beta" options of the base game to roll back to the previous full release. If you want to A-B the difference and don't mind the annoying download, try the Formula Classic Gen 4's. Model 2 in that class changed massively IMHO, it felt much closer to the good characteristics of the F-USA 23.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

If that is directed to me, I was more specifically asking about tintops released after 1.4 (which have a small part of the 1.5 update implemented), to see how much of a difference there is between those and the full 1.5 build, as tintops generally feel very different to formula cars anyway and I am not a big fan of formula cars in general.

3. DavidGossett

All I can say is wait for the RC, it'll all be clear then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You're kind of overselling it a bit. Yes the fixes are good and the cars handle more like a car should but it isn't going to set the world on fire. People will be pleased with the update certainly, but it isn't some type of game changer that will have people flocking to play the game. I am happy Reiza continue to advance the game though and it feels like they will continue to support it for a long time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. DavidGossett

Wasn't trying to oversell anything, just saying cars that I openly didn't enjoy before were fun to drive now. Not sure how saying, "if you're used to cars that move around a lot, you may not even notice the difference" is overselling.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. GodzillaGTR

I didn't mean to come off rude, but the last couple comments kind of read like "Just you wait till it comes out" like it was some kind of game changer (and as you have said that wasn't what you were trying to say) and I just don't want people to have through the roof expectations. Every single car that is updated is better though and it is noticeable.

7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it goes without saying that if expectation is that finally AMS2 drives as a clone of xyz that is not what v1.5 is about.
    If the expectation is that some of the cars that were more critical changed a lot and some that drove better changed limitedly but still perceivably then the expectation is correct a possibly even a bit more than that expectation.
    That being said, we are not going to see any change in the perception of AMS2 in the community at large and the number of users anyway any time soon. That is a fact.
    Again depends on what the expectation is, but I highly doubt there are going to be scores of people interested in AMS2 to whom people in the forum here could try to "sell" anything.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DavidGossett

Nah, it was more of "I don't know how much I'm allowed to talk about." No worries bud.

9. GodzillaGTR

My apologies.

10. GodzillaGTR

I have never heard a single person ever say that AMS2 should handle exactly like "xyz" sim. I compare sims to what I believe real life would be like. I do think though that most people feel one sim will maybe do certain things better than another which is of course subjective. Me personally, I think R3E does way better sounds than Rfactor 2... maybe some disagree. But I certainly don't avoid Rfactor 2 because it has subjectively worse sounds.

11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hear it a lot instead. It's what most simracers do (no reference to you).

12. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Excel is your friend…
    spritrechner.jpg

Attached Files:

13. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

If it's all about sound,..nothing beats Codemasters Dirt Rally 2.0. Just do not try to drive on tarmac, that's some awfull sliding just like PCARS 2.

14. Berghe

Berghe BANNED BANNED

BIG ROLLOUT COMING TODAY?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, Renato did mention that release of the adrenaline pack at the end of Q2 would be a safe bet, which would mean today, however, past experiences make me think a release in 1 or 2 weeks time is probably more likely

• Like Like x 2
  16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The change log of the last update says it should arrive next week at the latest, but I would say a delay is on the horizon

17. Berghe

Berghe BANNED BANNED

I just wanted to kick off the monthly update discussion ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. JakubJalowiec

JakubJalowiec New Member AMS2 Club Member

Great stuff can't wait for the update. Knowing my luck it will land when I'm at work lol

19. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't worry, it'll be there after you finish your work too ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Just a note to let everyone know June will borrow a few days from July for Pt2 of this dev update, but from there it shouldn’t be a long wait to v1.5 release.

Also as mentioned in OP we do have another dev update dedicated to v1.5 physics development to be published before Pt2, so keep an eye out for it if you are interested in the topic :)

• Like Like x 35
    • Informative Informative x 13
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1