1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

While this would be really awesome, I find it extremely difficult to pull off. Because comparing with F-Retros and F-Classics which irl used different displacement engines same year, used NAs and turbos same year, used V8-V10-V12 same year, in early 90s even used H-patterns and paddles same year and were very distinguishable by the looks, modern cars are so much more regulated and look roughly the same. Creating another 3 generic cars from the already generic car, which are recognizable to the real life counterparts and do it without license infringement just seems quite impossible.

But lets hope for the best and if it could be done for Ultimates, I would like it happen to V10 gen2 as well. And as someone mentioned above, looks like a job for modders.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Besides the fact that the Panda in this video is """""a little""""" on steroids, the actual situation is that after the first years of the 2000 decade, non-sportive cars design ceased to prioritize performance and even handling to focus on low emissions and crash tests. The best car on Moose Test is one built on the 90s (the Citroën Xantia V6 Activa).

The thing with the classic Brazilian version of the Uno (that have a heavier and reinforced chassis, compared with the Italian version) is it's reliability and simplicity to use. Cars made to be simple, usually, tend to do well on dirt because they also tend to be light and use more "work driven" suspension... the Uno (BR), the Ford Ka, the Fusca/Beetle and even the old Ford T, are little beasts on off road. The Brazilian Uno is a underpowered FWD that easily can climb high elevation paved roads on where modern cars with TC just slide down, it can beat some bad flooded roads and mud.

Some folks over here convert their Unos to 4x4. I only wish that Fiat have made it for themselves, but 4x4 and AWD are very rare things on Brazilian cars (you have some off-road dedicated trucks and only one very old station wagon called Belina that had a 4x4 version and it wasn't a commercial success). If as it is the thing is a beast... 4x4 or AWD would be a dream.

Also, there is a lad that leaved from São Paulo, driven all the way to the USA and now is crossing all over the country in a Uno:

Him today, visiting Toretto's house:

Right before him, another driver did the same with a Fusca, but he died on a road accident on USA. But in both cases, they did (one still doing it) a very hard trip on two very cheap cars dealing with almost no issues on their way. That can tell a lot about these cars.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  3. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm really curious whether the July dev notes will provide some further surprises. Eagerly waiting for the update :D;)

I already wondered how long it will take until Le Mans (when released) is the track I spend most time on.
    In PC2 the lead is approx. 4-5× as much as track #2. Pretty easy to see where my area of focus is...:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I’m waiting for the hypercars

• Like Like x 3
  5. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I must admit, I love the look of the Ferrari.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Me too :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ferrari DLC when reiza?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not just that class but others like the FV10 etc with only one or two models.

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. _Was

_Was Member

When :hurrayreiza: When????

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Then! :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

hqde457fault.jpg

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The PR that would work well here IMG_9024.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Someone signed off on this idea and that's insane to me

14. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Why does everyone seem to like Le Mans ?
    I had it in iracing & didn’t find it that great to drive so never really used it

I know it has historical significance but that doesn’t make it appeal to me to actually use in a sim

I’d much prefer a track like Singapore GP street circuit available in no other decent sim & would be ultra challenging

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You are not alone what comes to Le Mans. I mean, it's fine and great for endurance stuff where you tons of cars racing at the same time and need wide track, but it's basically two highways and few corners in between. With slower cars, there is enough time to take a nap during the highway sections !

Tons of historical significance and nostalgia for many though. I guess it's also better than some historical tracks that are too narrow for good racing or even more longer straights to take a nap (historic Spa!)

Definitely going to buy the dlc though.

ps. Singapore I would want only for allowing to replicate the F1 race there, but not a fan of that track at all. Same with Baku.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Pandytim99

thats bait 1000%

also Macau >>> Singapore

• Like Like x 2
  17. Pandytim99

Let’s play a guessing game

let’s guess when the next dev blog arrive and when the update arrive

my guess is Friday for dev update and the actual update coming next week

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Why is X thing popular ? Because people enjoy the X thing.
    And just because something is popular doesn't mean You might enjoy it.
    There are plenty of things (popular or not) that you will not like, and that is fine.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I fully agree with you - at least if we are talking about the versions with no chicanes on the Mulsanne straight.
    I have posted before that I consider these layouts pretty boring to drive.
    Hehe wake me up when we get to the end of Mulsanne: zzzzzzzz zzzzzz :p
    But the more modern versions are at least great to use for MP in endurance events.
    Both for historical RL reasons ofcourse - but also because the good oversight parts of the circuit where you can see what is comming up from behind (no sexy connotations here :D) and what you are about to overtake.

ByTheWay: And refreshing my memory then there is actually a few parts of this normal street circuit that is challenging. Few the man said :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Agreed Macau is a blast to drive too

Le Mans created the same excitement in iracing prior to release , then when it was on the servers they were pretty empty

as long as people buy it I guess , maybe a good track for events involving a large number of cars

• Like Like x 1