1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Definitely need to set up some lobbies with the other guys once the update is live. ^^

• Like Like x 4
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Good post Berghe.:)
    At least it does show that you dont eat everything raw :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Edwin90

Edwin90 New Member

So. I've been reading this forums for almost two years now and haven't felt the need to add anything, just looking for info. I must say I enjoy AMS2 a lot! It's my go to sim. All respect to Reiza for that. Top job, every single update. It never gets old so to say.

But i feel they really need to stop commenting on when stuff (Dev. updates, actual updates.) is comming up. In two years of reading the forum I honestly can't recall something being posted or dropped at the time Reiza said it was going to be dropped. It creates a lot of expectation and negative energy on the forums. (Like this post, I guess?). It's just annoying to check the forums on a regular basis and finding out it's still not there.

Can't they just drop the content when it's ready and let it be a surprise? I guess this post comes from being impatient and probably i'm no better than other people complaining about this subject. But I think the forums would be a much more happy place with no expectations being created.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. BrunoB

I couldnt help it.:D
    But Im absolutely not an iRacing fan.
    I aborted my 5+ years membership exclusively because of their lousy TM (IMO).:rolleyes:
    To the contrary I find the TM in AMS2 one of the best on the market.;)

ByTheWay: The reason iRacing is the leader in most sim racing areas is because almost everything else in their 24/7 service does function almost perfect. Hehe and they does actively solve their bugs :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  5. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

imagine if iracing solved their tyre model and made it not slippery as ****, all other games would be in trouble

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. BrunoB

Yeah I guess most of the serious sim competitors are very satisfied with the situation.
    But because the man responsible for this goofy TM is one of the original founders of first Papyrus and later iRacing the other members in the company cannot sack him.:D

7. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Perhaps mr. Simioni would probably benefit from editor or project manager who would edit the given expected/predicted release time by +X weeks/months depending on how close it is to the time of the prediction before it's given to public. I'm happy that the people at Reiza feel so optimistic about the release times, but perhaps some pessimism would be in order, as I don't think any of the expected release times have been reached in the past year. Just saying, maybe some F5 keys would be spared...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I'm happy for them to post ETA's and to then miss them. At least I have an idea of whats coming down the road. I'd rather that than complete silence.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  9. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Update doesn't drop as per estimate from a while back.
    Many forum members:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 16
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The only possible coping mechanism

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Gabriel Andrade Pessoa

Gabriel Andrade Pessoa TotosaLoko

For better or for worse, foreigners are not used to the "punctuality" of Latin Americans, especially us Brazilians, delays and postponements are something normal in our culture, but even so we like to be optimistic and say that everything will be delivered on time, even knowing that they probably won't be, just look at our works for the World Cup..

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Mickael Peterson

Mickael Peterson New Member

Well, yes, having a dev update is awesome, having ETA too. But if they are missing, or if they will be, I think it's good to have an update like M. Renato did in few days of July. It was announced to be out last week, we are on Monday and still no word about a delay. I'm sure they knew that there will be another delay, so why not announcing it a second time?

13. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

Eagle Dynamics meme "two weeks" about DCS updates and modules... Reiza is fast regards updates.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Then a lot are requesting a date and are unhappy as well.
    In know a proverb in German which means...the most joy you will have before you get something on hands...:):whistle:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Greenlightning

Greenlightning New Member

Me to it is great to hear the future plans ahead of time. There is already a lot of content and tracks. Did not open up AMS2 for 7 days or so. Ran maybe two offline races yesterday, the way the driving/racing experience relates back thru the wheel andvisually is great. If I had the time could easily spend 3 o 4 hours a day with different car/track combos and not get bored. Hot lapping is also a blast.

16. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It must be stressed that they are doing physics for every car in the game, it is as if they are making a whole new game

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I do think managing expectations is important. I definitely think it's great that Reiza tells about the roadmap and gives some estimations too, but if those estimations are pretty much always off, then they probably show add some clear buffer to each one before telling it to the public, even if they would have earlier target internally. I doubt many would complain if it ends up being released faster.

It doesn't sound it's any time now based on some of the comments on the weekend, there is no July dev update either, which was estimated to be published few days before the release... so at the moment it sounds like it will be even week or two still, if not more. There is no obligation to do so, but it would be great if Reiza would just give some short update "hey, looks like we need few days/weeks more than previously estimated" (and earlier the better), which would be part of managing those expectations...

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Regarding communication and meeting deadlines :D
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a loose loose situation for Reiza. If they don't say anything you'll have 50 million people saying "dev update when?" (You already see it right now) and people will use the constant silence as a way to put down Reiza. Just like with their delays. And I don't even think Renato said anything here about the Dev update coming out last week, but Paddock Club members making that prediction. That isn't Renatos fault, and honestly I would take what anyone says if they don't have the "Reiza Staff" tag with 7 tons of salt. Everyone who doesn't have that tag has no full idea of what Reiza has in store for 1.5 including Paddock Club members. Let alone when a dev update comes out.

And a message to fellow Paddock Club members: I do feel we are hyping this all up to an unrealistic level. I don't think it's like a "whole new game" it's still AMS 2 and some AMS 2 problems will presist. I do think these changes are significant, but there is still (and most likely always will be) work to do.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Darko Jovanoski

Darko Jovanoski Member

I must say I am impressed with cars updated pre 1.5 release. Before I have to put AMS2 aside even though I am backer but it doesn't feel right to me. Now I am waiting for 1.5 to drop.
    Btw do backers get updates and dlc's for free or there are some stuff we have to buy again of we want newer dlc's? Thanks

• Like Like x 1