1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same ;-;

2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would be okay with GP-C and GT1 being left as they are, but I would like the other classes that were prevelent at the time, and honestly, just a couple of GTO cars (WITH THE BLOODY HEADLIGHTS ON THEM *Glares at project cars 2*) would suffice.

If Reiza doesn't, then surely the modding community will?

Regardless though, I'm not super worried about it. Because the 1970's has basically been completely disregarded by racing games for years now (in regards to sportscar racing) and almost all of the mid 200x Leman's content is stuck in RFactor 1.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If that means there will be no modern LMP1s it would be like a horror scenario to me.

4. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I'll be honest, as long as there isn't custom sound support for mods I am not that interested in them. To others it may not matter too much, but for me the Panoz GTR-1 or Toyota GT-One without their remarkable, distinctive sounds is just breaking immersion too much.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Obviously reaching here, but Racing USA part 4 is going to be the next DLC that's coming out (from what we all know atm). We also know that Reiza is really focusing on endurance racing this year. Maybe your wish might just get granted

6. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I guess they are looking at the early 00s there, as almost every LMP car that ran in '99 also ran in in 2000-2003 in some form, with very few exceptions like the Nissan R391, Audi R8C (which then turned into the Bentely Speed 8 anyway), Toyota GT-One and the Mercedes CLR (for obvious reasons)

7. lionelavec

lionelavec New Member

I agree, I think the sound needs a little bit of work, if not the possibility of modding

8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Probably not, reiza could get the porsche 919 but harder to get the audi and the toyota. Easier to license other modern prototypes, and ones that are current.

9. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Im certain thunderflash or Kaos modding will bring them

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I believe I’ve heard that a LMP1 mod is WIP

11. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Sad but patient face emoji thing

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah that's also a consideration I'm sure. Reiza isn't going to tough the stuff that could be easily ported from PC1 and PC2 like LMP1. I imagine the licenses for those cars are still quite pricey

• Like Like x 1
  13. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The way I read it, in context, Renato was merely explaining why Le Mans will focus on 1970s and 2000s - I don't think he was making any kind of statement about Group C or GT1 per se.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

What a great read. Couldn't agree more with this sentiment. Variety sims are my favorite type of sim racing game, I love how we can have a platform where creativity is our only limitation. If you want to do a one hour GT3 race around Spa you can, but you can also do a 4 hour endurance race on Formula Trucks in a karting track with 4 different weather slots if you want to. I love that kind of freedom, to have so much of motorsports history accessible on a single platform with consistent quality. Long live AMS2, may it have plenty of updates for the next years to come, wishing the people at Reiza the best of luck! I'll be here all the way <3

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A little hope but I'd pretty much prefer to have it from the team which creates all of the other great stuff. Well....let's see.

17. Nine (AV)

Nine (AV) New Member

Of course Marat :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. I__Love__Lamp__x

I__Love__Lamp__x Fanatec DD Pro|F1 Wheel|CSL Elite LC|Playseat F1 AMS2 Club Member

This was a great article to read, thanks for sharing. I really like that there is focus on the historical aspect that he mentioned. To bring back track configurations and cars that are no longer around and experience them. I’m playing an AI custom championship now with the McLaren MP4/6, and just finished Historic Interlagos…. Let me tell you… I was fighting back and forth with Senna for like 30 laps (about an hour), and I drenched in sweat from it being an intense knife edge fight. I never experience this in any other sim. So much fun.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I really hope Reiza will officially support track mods at some point, that would considerably increase the game's replay value imo. I've given up on Reiza ever making controller support as good as it was in AMS1 like they promised 3 years ago, but I think implementing support for mod tracks is something that a lot of people would appreciate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

That is quite the opposite of what Renato said in the interview with RD.
    It seems track mods are a lot more finicky to get running without trouble in AMS2.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1