1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Correct, despite the association with Citroen during his stage rally career, Loeb's first World RX stint he drove for Hansen Peugeot. Now he drives the EV Lancia.

world-rx-team-peugeot-hansen-unveil-2017-sebastien-loeb-team-peugeot-hansen.jpg
    Sebastien_Loeb_WorldRX_Montalegre_2023_2808d_frz_1400x788.jpg

Side note: angry EV haters aside, I'm loving the current trend of bespoke retro-futuristic RX/Gymkhana cars. The EV Lancia and Subie's GL Wagon just look wonderfully absurd.
    travis-pastrana-drives-a-subaru-wagon-in-gymkhana-2022_100867918_m.jpg

Loeb_Chicherit_WorldRX_Montalegre_2023_01f0e_frz_1400x788.jpg

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 6
  2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The problem would be bloat. AMS2 has already ballooned in download size, and having mod teams making 3rd party content could easily increase the storage required exponentially. Maybe there is a solution to download that stuff separately, like reiza’s rF2 pack.

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Makes me think the download size is the reason many configurations that could be made are not made. The SSD prices are dropping, though.

4. MLGordita

MLGordita New Member

Not sure you want to put Striaght4 in that spot: Reiza and Straight4 formed a strategic partnership mid-May.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If this new Straight4 game is actually made with the UE engine, it will be a pipe-crapper anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Djin

Djin Member

Not necessarily, the result is not that bad with Rennsport, UE5 is a new engine and i'm sure with time the devs will master it.
    Sure thing, the UE5 physics engine is currently unable to produce realistic behavior for a simulation. That's why the Rennsport Studio has its custom code for this aspect. After testing the game with the Beta, I prefer the physic and the FFB of AMS2. However, visually, it's very convincing.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

We already have a good variety of tracks. I understand those that only play AMS2 wanting more and more tracks. For me it is the tracks or configuration of a track that don't appear in other sims that I find the most interesting. I would like to see a unique track in AMS2 similar to la canyons or Azure coast where I can simply enjoy driving the different cars, especially the street and super cars.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  8. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Honestly it'll take me years to get round to all the tracks we have now :oops::hurrayreiza:

(Still more won't hurt :p )

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Personally I consider this attitude pretty reasonable.
    Mainly because its economically pretty sound for Reiza but also because then I know that Reiza has control of the quality of the released tracks for AMS2.;)
    Too many modded tracks (and cars) with pretty lousy quality out there (IMO).:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 11
  10. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

You are telling me that if there exist low quality mods for games, it takes something away from the top quality mods ?

11. Darko Jovanoski

Darko Jovanoski Member

I miss only tracks that are present in Raceroom, Lausitzring, Oschersleben, Knutstorp ring, Assen, Zolder, Hungaroring, Paul Ricard...
    More attention to european tracks is welcomed apart from the tracks we see in every sim.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I love how they look just not a fan of how they sound, part of me wonder if they couldn’t at least put like a big speaker on the cars to emulate the sounds of gas cars

that on its own woulda been enough for me to get back to watch GRX

13. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

This should be doable as a follow-up step, but we haven´t had a look in yet.

• Like Like x 21
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Niiiiiiiiice

15. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

It´s not even the economics of it - track modding may mean we lose value with our tracks getting ripped to other sims but also gain from tracks being added. But there´s nothing more heartbreaking for a developer than to pour months if not years into a track project only to see it not only ripped within a week, but looking complete pants from shaders being all missing or configured wrong. It´s bad enough to get good modellers to quit doing it altogether.

We are not even against having our tracks with other sims - we´d be happy to give more people access to our stuff in other environments, we want as many people to enjoy what we do even if they just enjoy parts of it but licensing is often times too restrictive to allow for that without a massive upfront investment.

I should note BTW some seem to be focusing on the "don´t really want to do it" bit instead of the "can´t really do it without a truckload of work and even then" bit, which is really the relevant bit for AMS2 track modding :) even if someone pose a convincing argument in favour of it, it won´t change the fact it´s not so easily within reach.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 20
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

What about allowing more freedom for the mod community once the whole dev cycle with AMS2 will be over ? Once all the DLC tracks and cars are released, no more future DLC to be added, could then modders have free rain to do whatever they would want with adding tracks and cars ? It certainly made Assetto Corsa, a nearly 10 year old game still relevant to this day.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Regarding the mid-session save that was touched upon in the video; in Steel's discord we talked about it a little while ago and thought of a "workaround" that used the presets as a starting point for Livetrack. The system would work in a way that the user hits pause, chooses "mid session save" and then chooses the track preset and weather closest to the conditions he currently has. That way, the game wouldn't actually need to save the actual Livetrack conditions, which seems very hard to do with that blockchain technology.

Is the mid-session-save that's currently being considered using such a workaround or does it now seem possible to save the precise weather and track conditions even with the limitations of Livetrack?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Let's hope that that's still a few years away ^^

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  19. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The appearance of the phrase "looking like complete pants", courtesy of Reiza's boss, is a champagne moment. Bravo!

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Must be from Ian Bell lol