1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Well, thank you very much for the kind help and for the information! I will for sure try it myself when possible! I wish I could also count my free time in “Reiza hours” instead of regular hours!:p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

:):):):):):):)
    Thanks sir! Indeed you are probably right! Maybe since we are all waiting for update 1.5 this might be the time to try to learn some painting skills:) !

• Like Like x 2
  3. I__Love__Lamp__x

I__Love__Lamp__x Fanatec DD Pro|F1 Wheel|CSL Elite LC|Playseat F1 AMS2 Club Member

I didn’t do rally cross in PC2, but this feels really good. The FFB feels good. I max the gain and Fx under FFB settings for AMS2 so I was worried how it would feel going to dirt but I’ve not been disappointed. Still early…

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Showing off the new stuff on my Twitch channel currently...

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This car should come with a warning for belt and gear wheels......
    May shorten it's life considerably! ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

That screenshot looks like the pre-1.5, floaty, disconnected feeling. Well played ;)

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Physics wise, it's on a whole other league to PC2 RX. PC2 was great about mixed surfaces, but had an imprecise characteristic to it at low speed when using the handbrake or when the car was at small amounts of slip. With the 1.5 RX cars you can really hug the barriers if you know what you're doing. Also small handbrake pulls, just enough to open the rear driveline disconnect are all you need sometimes to induce the rotation you want. Surface evolution isn't on the level of something like iRacing, yet, but the cars handle believably and like a bit of measured aggression.

AI still isn't as good as I'd like it to be on RX tracks, but I'm not sure how you'd teach them to take corners at angle like a human would. At different stages of beta testing, they'd try to drift, then it got dialed back, and currently they get easily confused. It's definitely still WIP, so hopefully it'll improve over the next few weeks.

MP wise, tracks with joker laps are limited to 5-6 cars, but will allow practice and quali which was an issue in PC2. Non joker layouts allow more than 6, but I wish we could've gotten at least 8-10 on RX tracks. A few space limited tracks aside, most of them could be able to handle it... :oops:

I'm still waiting till the dev blog to see what all is planned for RX/Off-road content.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

how do these jumps with the bass shakers feel? We probably need a telemetry update for Simhub like the Dirt2 Profile?!? :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  9. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Jump and landing profile for simhub isn't in AMS2 but the bass shakers get quite the work out as in you still feel the landing through the suspension.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

YUMMY!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

We're talking about right now! :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

With the talk about officially supporting car mods in AMS2 I was wondering if it's possible for modders to do somewhat of a reverse engineering job: to apply some of the improvements from AMS2 into PCars2 cars.
    I've been driving the F-Classic cars lately, while not exactly easy to drive they feel of lot more predictable than cars in PCars2 (cars in PCars2 often have sudden snap oversteer and generally slide way too much imo).
    I wonder if it would be possible for modders to apply some of the AMS2 improvements to cars in PCars2, like improvements to differential and tyres so that car handling feels more predictable.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can we have a pic of the AJR?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Dev update wen :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. THK84

THK84 New Member

To me, Photoshop & the DDS plugin is simpler then using MS Paint to create anything. I'm not an abstract artist xD

What I miss is a showroom refresh livery button.
    It was so nice to just have another screen open where you can view your progress with the click of a button. Was used to that in War Thunder (also supported .tga, but .dds had better results)

The most complicated thing is actually lining things up, understand how things stretch etc. Something that is hella more complicated to do in MS Paint by coincidence.

But to each his own! If I was forced to use GIMP, I'd throw myself off a cliff xD

• Like Like x 3
  16. THK84

THK84 New Member

Yeah, maybe wednesday indeed xD

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

The main reason I dont want to mess with painting in AMS2 is because it needs a dds-file plugin for my PShop paint program. And because I cannot find a free plugin that looks safe and without having to create some obscure profiles hehe and download tons of unnessesary nVidia crap - then I dont bother.
    Yeah I know I could just learn to use again a complete other paint program Gimp. But ...:rolleyes:

18. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The only thing which he didn’t announce was the engine suppliers

19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Sorry I should have made it more obvious that I was mainly joking about using MSPaint.:(
    But it was just to say that if you have a rather simple favorite paint program which is able to output the wellknown .tga file format then you are good to go in iRacing.

ByTheWay: Check my post above the dds thing nessesary to paint in AMS2. And check the net to see the videos produced about problems installing this in pShops many versions:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

theres gimp it is free and safe

• Like Like x 2