1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Nice news !

On my side i d love to see either some more group A cars (sierra, opel ?) or 90's btcc cars / ToyotaAe86 / renault cup car (or all :p) etc..

I m more fond of reasonably low cost cars (e.g like the copa cars) than hyper cars (that we already have much). But thats my personal view :)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

It's a pity that I'll wake up soon and realize that I only dreamed of all this brilliant development story.

This can't be real!

Completely impossible....Reiza & AMS2 are my fiction and I definitely have chose the blue pill. I just keep following the white rabbit and see where I come out and wake up.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

LeMans comming is phantastic.:)
    Ahem. Hey Reiza will there be any Garage 56 cars in the future?
    Im thinking about a certain pretty cute little thing :whistle:

ByTheWay: And I dont think license for different versions of this cute little thing will be a problem ;). And when Im on it you could also create an electric version. Please Reiza..:p

4. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Once again impressive Dev update and so many things to look forward to. :)
    Especially Le Mans + historic versions + more 70s cars are great news to me. Also fleshing out the endurance part of racing is fantastic!

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I personally hope that there will be a no chicanes version for the 90's Le Mans variant so we can do these Group C monsters justice.

Also, just saying, Circuit Bugatti is an F1 circuit, if we already have 70's Le Mans, why not just include it :D

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. T3k

T3k New Member

Newcomer here.... but only in the forum. I follow this game since the beginning, and... OMG, what a shock it was to see what is coming. Congrats to Reiza. That is what a call pure commitment to the game. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Apex

Apex Active Member

I had to google that. Sounded sort of Area 51 to me, but I get it now.

With the current stock of Group C cars it would make sense to go for 1988. I believe the chicanes were added for the 1990 event.

Edit: I don't know what I was thinking, I forgot the Nissan is an '89 car, duh, so 1989 it is.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dicra

Wait a second ...does that mean the rolling start system is getting revamped and in the future will work like the FCY? Which would mean that we now can have rolling starts in multiplayer without all the issues there currently are with them? :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Dicra

Yeah but the GT1 cars don't fit on that, and these are another of the bigger classes in the sim. Also, the dev update specified there will be a 90's version.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tristen_Sinanju

Tristen_Sinanju New Member

Hopefully we can look into multi-player stability soon.
    Although ams2 is one of my main Sims, we often lose a third of the grid to disconnects... Or the dedi stops updating and reports the whole grid static for 3s before catching up via rubber-banding ...
    We switched to standing starts with manual formations officiated over voice chat

I'm excited about LaSarthe... It's one of myfavorite tracks. I just hope we can enjoy it with the whole league XD

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I was a bit puzzled by that statement. The Group C cars in AMS2 are centered around the year 1989, so a 1986-89 layout would make more sense, IMO. The only difference I see between the 90's layout and the modern layout is the section following the Dunlop chicane which seems a bit too minor to be significant, while with a 1986-89 layout there are several differences both compared to the modern layout and compared to the 1968-71 layout.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

It could depend on what year they’ve got LiDAR data from

13. CaptainParallax

CaptainParallax Metalmoro AJR fanboy AMS2 Club Member

so what I'm hearing is LMP900 cars are on the way? yes please

It'll be good to see the offroad content make a return from AMS1, track improvements with pit stalls and proper start/finish separation is great to hear as well! Also can't wait to see what the range of LMDh cars will be, should be a great addition to the sim

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. BrunoB

Im absolutely not against this NoChicanes version - but after having tried it in another sim then the nochicanes is pretty boring(IMO).
    I guess it was in the GTP mod for NR2003 where it was used for some international online races.
    People was more or less falling in sleep in the middle of Mulsanne straight :rolleyes:

ByTheWay: Ofcourse the more versions the better. No problem. Because people like me can just launch some of the more challenging versions instead. But I think this has to be said ;)

The Mulsanne Straight () is the name used in English for a formerly 6 km (3.7 mi) long straight of the Circuit de la Sarthe around which the 24 Hours of Le Mans auto race takes place.
    () Before the chicanes were added, the Mulsanne Straight was the longest straight section of any race track in the world.

Mulsanne Straight - Wikipedia

Circuit_de_la_Sarthe_track_map.svg.jpg

15. BrunoB

Understandable my friend.
    Because the cute little thing Im refering to looks like it has escaped from a secret labratory in Area51 :p

ByTheWay: The US government denies any connection to this thing.
    And they denie too that it does exist. :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

I am also very excited about La Sarthe. But I want to echo the same concerns about MP stability. I realize that these issues are well-known. I just hope that they are a priority to fix.

At the very least, it would be nice if we could have someone re-join after qualy. We've had to restart several events because someone lost their connection.

I realize that this isn't just a matter of snapping your fingers and fixing these things because I'm sure that these problems are baked into the code you started with. But I also know that you set priorities in your stand-ups and I hope that the MP stability will get a bit more love.

I would love to see the MP get to the point where the official 24h virtual event is held on AMS2. Right now, it would only be good for generating some Max Verstappen memes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. baragwin

baragwin New Member AMS2 Club Member

even if i play this game since day one, i waited for the Le Mans reveal to post here and say thanks Reiza !
    Please include Le circuit Bugatti, it is a fantastic track and totally a part of the legend of Le Mans. Many 24h events are on this track, like trucks or Le Mans Classic. I would pay the game twice just for it :D

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I applaud Le Mans, but I without proper multilclass it's going to be boring. Time to test this **** to the max :cool::eek: Here I come!

• Like Like x 2
  19. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm wondering what is truly preventing re-using all the tracks and the cars that were found in PC2. Is it only a licensing issue? That would save so much time and money.

• Like Like x 1
  20. sparco

sparco Active Member AMS2 Club Member

so many good news...Whooaoo