Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I've got another theory, although it is quite outrageous and possibly beyond the realm of believability (almost embarrassed to say it in public).. but.. what if... he is.. and these are dangerous words I admit.. what if he is actually.. going on holiday to relax!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

That's great for him. But you generally don't post "incoming" when you know that you're going on holiday. You write something like, "Sorry guys that I didn't get the dev update posted, but I'm about to go on holiday. I'll get the update out sometime next week."

In the big picture, it doesn't really matter. We'll get the dev update when we get the dev update and we'll get 1.5 when it's ready. But it is kind of tough to tease everyone with the idea that it was coming.

If it wasn't for the history with this kind of thing, I'd actually be a little worried about Renato at this point. But if it is was a trick to create engagement in the forum, it certainly worked.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I don't think this is the kind of engagement they would be looking for. Last time this happened so notoriously was when indycars were announced and not released.

Perhaps they are sorting out something.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

Half-Life 2 episode 3! :D

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

This has been fun to read about you guys waiting for this 1.5 update. :D Something about hungarian and finnish people. I'm from Finland and trying to understand something but maybe I am too drunk for that. ;) There has been break from AMS2 for me almost a month. Time trial times are gonna be deleted? Gonna put some good times after that. Maybe? :D But sometimes I ask myself, why don't we all gonna race together sometime. It would be epic. :D Controller player here if that matters to anything. And this forum is too good to pass for to read. You can make some corrections to my writing if you like. And I like pizzas with many cheeses that out there. :p Some finnish here, aurajuusto and fetajuusto. Waiting impatiently for that 1.5 update. GT1 and Group C are my favorite non open wheelers. Thanks for reading and commenting if you feel up to that.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Janitormentor

Ignore this, I made a mistake. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

Maybe Roger Penske called 2 minutes after Renato made the “24 hours” post and said “JK we’re cool”

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

feel the difference between dry dirt and wet dirt.

• Like Like x 10
  9. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

That was awesome

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

AMS2 would then have the most technologically advanced open wheelers on the planet...

The race they had at Portland was a real eye opener... Not only are they very close to Indycar top speeds they are actually hampered by the formula and not the technology... No different to Keke Rosberg in the 80s with the fuel formula...

They'd be a real test of the tyre code as well as they are a true race car with all weather tyres and very little downforce...

Sure there'll be a few sticks in the mud crying about EVs like those who cried about aerodynamics making the cars look ugly in the 60s, but with all the other niche motorsports in AMS2 FE would feel right at home next to rallycross and copa trucks...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Janitormentor

Anyone remember Exhaust Heat on snes from 1992? That was my first racing game ever. I still play it from time to time. There is a browser version. :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I’d rather have other niche Motorsports that are not explored by other titles like Super GT and classic Australian V8 Super Cars.
    rFactor 2 already have the Dorito Formula E cars

• Like Like x 1
  13. Scar666

I'd enjoy some more historic content as well...

I also like technological advances and racing regs that allow for great racing...

Just because rF2 has them doesn't mean that AMS2 shouldn't, in fact it's another reason to get them into AMS2... Because the gen 2 in rF2 was such a joke in the physics department that the real drivers called it formula drift and one of them subbed in a sim racer for the COVID e-series because they couldn't take it seriously...

If done right it could really showcase the possibilities of the Madness engine... It won't be an easy job, however the results of getting it there will make the all weather tyres better overall and would also help with the hybrid side of the hypercars with the 4WD deployment...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

I think they should stop posting release dates and just drop it like it's hot and surprise everyone. There's no point getting people excited and then go radio silent. It's silly, lol. Or whatever date they project, add 2 weeks to it and surprise people with early release. Enough of this nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Burl

Burl Member

Yeah, I get why they'd want to keep people updated and not completely in the dark, but repeatedly setting expectations that no one would otherwise hold you to, just seems incredibly bizarre. I understand delays happen, but if that comes up, a simple "something came up, not ready yet" would suffice. Most people will be reasonably patient especially with the quality Reiza puts out there, but when the expectations are set out of nowhere, it just frustrates everyone involved.

Then again, we have this discussion every update cycle, so it's either something you learn to live with, or don't. That's just how it is, and it's unlikely to change. It sucks, but at least it tends to be worth it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Darko Jovanoski

Darko Jovanoski Member

This is getting ridicolous. All release dates broken, teasing from time to time while people waiting at least for explanation. Nothing wrong with missed release dates but if you want honest relationship with the fans of your sim you should be more open and explain what is going on. Of course you will find understanding here!
    I am afraid that all this waiting end up like mountain was trebling, mouse was born...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Pandytim99

sadly they claimed only LMDh is coming… would really want some hypercars

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pandytim99

19. Scar666

Yeah true... They aren't really hypercars but get a pass because of the regulations...

Should be fun to drive, but I'd rather have the Peugeot 9X8 than something that is basically the current LMP2 class... With the LMP2s being an LMP3... And the Vanwall being a LMP4... lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

If the forum at least had advertisement banners it would make sense to get everyone to click F5 for more traffic by being vague, but the way it is, it's just ... eh o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1